HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The All-Purpose Bryz Thread #5

Closed Thread

Old
03-12-2012, 11:54 AM
MrHockey1982

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
How long has it been since we had a goalie as top star of the week? Never?

Old
03-12-2012, 01:01 PM
Devastate

Here's to hoping this continues. I want to see how he reacts the next time he gives up a bad goal. But I'm going to enjoy this while I can!

Old
03-12-2012, 01:20 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Again, you are latching onto extreme knee-jerk reactions and acting as if those are the opinions shared by everyone who dared to criticize Bryz while he sucked. It's not the case. You're creating a reality that doesn't exist.
No, I'm not. I've been very clear that I'm pointing out the knee jerk negative extremes gone to by 4-5 people here.

Everyone here [including me] has criticized Bryz.

but not everybody here has called him lazy, fat, wished injury on him, wanted him cut, called him a BUM [complete w/ avatar] or ignored his career stats [while focusing on his 1st 26 games as a Flyer.]

I don't understand why me noticing is such a big problem:
I noticed this extreme negative minority.
I pointed out that I think they were a bit extreme. And that I don't think he's a BUM.
Now I',m pointing out that it seems Bryz is showing the people here who said 'I'm done with him, he's a bust' might not be correct about that.

Last edited by Bernie Parent 1974: 03-12-2012 at 02:33 PM.
Old
03-12-2012, 01:23 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Hope Bryz plays the rest of the way maybe bob gets the islanders but got to go with Bryz and glad to see the first star of the week ..

Old
03-12-2012, 03:25 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Good job they put Bob in last night, he was pretty spectacular. I wouldn't of wanted bryz to get shelled like that.

Old
03-12-2012, 04:09 PM
Breeze 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
No, I'm not. I've been very clear that I'm pointing out the knee jerk negative extremes gone to by 4-5 people here.

Everyone here [including me] has criticized Bryz.

but not everybody here has called him lazy, fat, wished injury on him, wanted him cut, called him a BUM [complete w/ avatar] or ignored his career stats [while focusing on his 1st 26 games as a Flyer.]

I don't understand why me noticing is such a big problem:
I noticed this extreme negative minority.
I pointed out that I think they were a bit extreme. And that I don't think he's a BUM.
Now I',m pointing out that it seems Bryz is showing the people here who said 'I'm done with him, he's a bust' might not be correct about that.
Well said Bernie.....I think you and I have shared the same opinion on Bryz (albeit unpopular) throughout this season.

Old
03-12-2012, 04:37 PM
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing

everyone wanted him to Succeed but He was really awful fOr mOsT of tHIs season and we were telling it like it was, hopefully he can keep his gaMe up.

Old
03-12-2012, 04:50 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevUpThoseFlyers View Post
everyone wanted him to Succeed but He was really awful fOr mOsT of tHIs season and we were telling it like it was, hopefully he can keep his gaMe up.
i'm sorry, but wishing injury on him, saying that he should be cut [even though that is not permitted], that he was lazy in the summer [i don't believe he was under surveillance 24/7], that he is fat [did anyone weigh him & compare to previous years / did the Flyers request he bulk up / did anyone measure his face ?], or calling him a BUM and bust 26 games into a 9 year contract is not 'telling it like it is' ..... some of those are opinions, some are absurd [he cannot be 'cut'], cruel [injury, really?], some are blind guesses ....

saying he was obviously struggling, and hurt himself with his interviews, and that he needed to improve & shut up is telling it like it is

and, ^^that^^, is what many did here, including me .... and those who went to the absurd negative extremes were completely entitled to.

as are those who took notice, disagreed & now think Bryz is proving them wrong. don't get mad @ me for noticing & disagreeing. i'm entitled to.

yes, hopefully he keeps it up. we need this play in April for sure.

Old
03-12-2012, 04:50 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Everybody who watches hockey knows how awesome he is. I'm shocked people acted as retarded and judgmental as they did considering our horrible non stop nightmare with goalies. "he's too much money, he's not earning his 51 million dollars!" as if we are paying him that in one year. We needed to do something and i'm glad we did and I'm glad it was him. He's an awesome goalie and the doubters suck and should watch more hockey. There is a huge difference tho between people who really like him as a player individually and plain ol flyers fans who just want wins. I was a fan of his before we got him so i guess i'm biased.

Old
03-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

i would have been fine w/ Mike Smith .. always wanted him as a Flyer. I was fine w/ Bob for this year, too.

but, either way, i would never go to the absurd extremes that i saw here.

but that's just me

Old
03-12-2012, 05:19 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

If it's only like 4-5 people, why is it such a humongous deal then?

03-12-2012, 05:45 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

it's not. nor should me noticing them & not agreeing be a humongous deal to you, or anybody.
so I don't think he's a BUM. and preached patience. or cited his career numbers. not a big deal.

Old
03-12-2012, 06:29 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1089
Quote:
How long has it been since we had a goalie as top star of the week? Never?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHockey1982 View Post
Many have been named top star over the years.

Martin Biron did it a couple of times in 2007 and to my memory was the last.

Beezer, Hextall, Wregget, Froese, Lindbergh. I'd have to check on Pete Peeters but he may have won it once or twice.

Old
03-12-2012, 07:01 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
inspiration for the NEW AVATAR !!!!

yays !!

Old
03-12-2012, 07:21 PM
BernieParent

Here's another suggestion for this thread: A Thread Full of Awk-Words.

Old
03-12-2012, 08:57 PM
MsWoof

Another excellent article by Elliotte Friedman:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...-thoughts.html

Quote:
It was New Year's Day when Ilya Bryzgalov's season descended into "Daily Show"-style parody. That morning, the Philly netminder announced he wouldn't be starting the Winter Classic against the New York Rangers.

"Great news: I'm not playing tomorrow night," he said. "Good news: We have a chance to win the game."

People who didn't find that funny: the Flyers, especially coach Peter Laviolette, who didn't want this information revealed. People who laughed: everyone else, although we don't depend on him as much as Philadelphia does.

Old
03-12-2012, 08:59 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
Everybody who watches hockey knows how awesome he is. I'm shocked people acted as retarded and judgmental as they did considering our horrible non stop nightmare with goalies. "he's too much money, he's not earning his 51 million dollars!" as if we are paying him that in one year. We needed to do something and i'm glad we did and I'm glad it was him. He's an awesome goalie and the doubters suck and should watch more hockey. There is a huge difference tho between people who really like him as a player individually and plain ol flyers fans who just want wins. I was a fan of his before we got him so i guess i'm biased.
No, we knew he had been good. He was horrid for the first several months here but has had a good few weeks. If he keeps the stupid antics at bay and concentrates on his job, people will continue to be happy with him. If he starts acting like the village idiot again, he's going to face their wrath.

Old
03-13-2012, 08:35 AM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
No, we knew he had been good. He was horrid for the first several months here but has had a good few weeks. If he keeps the stupid antics at bay and concentrates on his job, people will continue to be happy with him. If he starts acting like the village idiot again, he's going to face their wrath.
My whole point is if you know the player and know who he is and his abilities, then you wouldn't have doubted the decision to get him and question those abilities so quickly. This team had a lot of turnover. there's major deficiencies still now, some from players needing to mature and some from injuries. It seemed like there was people saying "who is this loser we traded mike richards and jeff carter for and then gave 51 million dollars too?" It's that sentiment that i disagreed with. But like i said, i'm biased cause i would have taken him over every other goalie in the league, that's how crazy i am. I guess i just laugh when teams make decisions and then don't stick with them (columbus) and then i see there's a lot of fans who if they ran an NHL team would do the same thing.

Last edited by funghoul: 03-13-2012 at 08:54 AM.
Old
03-13-2012, 09:35 AM
FlyerSithLord

Send a message via AIM to FlyerSithLord
Quote:
My whole point is if you know the player and know who he is and his abilities, then you wouldn't have doubted the decision to get him and question those abilities so quickly. This team had a lot of turnover. there's major deficiencies still now, some from players needing to mature and some from injuries. It seemed like there was people saying "who is this loser we traded mike richards and jeff carter for and then gave 51 million dollars too?" It's that sentiment that i disagreed with. But like i said, i'm biased cause i would have taken him over every other goalie in the league, that's how crazy i am. I guess i just laugh when teams make decisions and then don't stick with them (columbus) and then i see there's a lot of fans who if they ran an NHL team would do the same thing.
I knew he was a good goalie, but I definently was very worried. He wouldn't have been the first athlete in the history of sports to get a big contract and then never come close to living up to it. His interviews and such didn't help him much either. And much of what was said is a direct result of them blowing up the team to get him. We expected to finally have a true #1 and what he had was a goalie who was putting up stats that were in the bottom 5 in the league.

Old
03-13-2012, 09:55 AM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
I guess i just laugh when teams make decisions and then don't stick with them (columbus) and then i see there's a lot of fans who if they ran an NHL team would do the same thing.
too true ...... this being the perfect example ... 1/2 season was certainly not enough

Old
03-13-2012, 08:19 PM
Mike the Situation

Old
03-13-2012, 08:21 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

wtf is going on

Old
03-13-2012, 08:23 PM
kammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
wtf is going on

time to change your avatar

Old
03-13-2012, 08:26 PM
MrHockey1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
wtf is going on

I think it's time to change the avatar dude. Clearly he has the talent but needed to get comfortable. ALL IS WELL IN THE UNIVERSE!!!

Old
03-13-2012, 08:27 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

So, about that amnesty clause...

Closed Thread