HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Call up Zuccarello (RECALLED - 3/11)

Old
03-12-2012, 11:50 AM
SauceCheese91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
im giving Zuccarello-Aasen an incomplete on his game. I really didnt see him do all that much with the puck to be honest.

Here's the problem too..

MDZ is a passer.
MZA is a passer.
Brad Richards is a passer.
Stepan is a passer.

those are 4 of our main PP guys. (if youre including MZA)
the only "shooters" we have are Gabby and Cally. That doesn't make it too hard to defend our PP since we all know who's going to be shooting the puck.
While I essentially agree with your post I would have to disagree about who is going to be shooting the puck. We don't necessarily have the luxury of having a bunch of shooters on our team, which is why some of these players are going to have to step up and take some shots when they are there. When you load your powerplay with a bunch of passers, I think the belief is that eventually a play will be made where a player is open to fire the puck. I fully expect Richards/Stepan or DZ to start taking shots.

Edit: As well, I am hoping that Zuccs can stick with the club and play some PP minutes like last night. He adds an element to our lineup that we need (more offense and creativity), while the bottom 6 just have not been helping out enough on the scoreboard.

SauceCheese91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 12:02 PM
rangers4ever2007

maybe i'm not sure about the rule regarding "roster expansion" but is woywitka still up or back in CT when zuc got recalled?

rangers4ever2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 12:03 PM
Brasero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin929 View Post
Nice too see Zuccarelo doing great. Even tho he played in Modo he was a joy to watch. Fantastic vision who will make many great plays if he gets the chance
And this is why people love flair players. In all sports, artists are loved/hated depending on how the team does. Just wish people could remember this when things starts going tough and good for that matter.

Must say, I just think I favour players that are capable of getting that pace on the puck with very aggressive passes, it will always create momentum in the attacking play. I've always been soft for it, but I guess it isn't something everone will agree with me on.

Brasero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 12:05 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

the only reason im up for keeping MZA in the lineup right now, even when Cally comes back, is because of how close this race has gotten. Shootouts may be huge for us. Most ROW in the conference and yet we have to worry about shootouts. blech.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 12:34 PM
KingWantsCup
United we stand

vCash: 50
Time fire Scott to ride the pine.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 12:50 PM
Elvis Presley
Aka #30

Quote:
the only reason im up for keeping MZA in the lineup right now, even when Cally comes back, is because of how close this race has gotten. Shootouts may be huge for us. Most ROW in the conference and yet we have to worry about shootouts. blech.
This is a good post. Look at how badly we've done this season in the SO compared to the previous couple.
I didn't get to see the game last night but I followed on my phone, wasn't able to see how good MZA did, but it seems he wasn't too shabby.

After being someone who was ready to throw MDZ under the bus last season, I am more open to giving MZA another shot. Let's see some action from the little guy!

Elvis Presley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 02:06 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

I see zuke getting two more games before a verdict on the rest of his season is done...

Last edited by Glennsoe: 03-13-2012 at 12:17 AM.
Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 03:20 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Brolov View Post
I'll go bonkers if MZA loses his spot to Feds or Mitchell when Callahan comes back.
Don't worry, he'll lose it to the out of shape lumberjack John Scott who doesn't help the team put pucks in the net or really much of anything.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 03:50 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
im giving Zuccarello-Aasen an incomplete on his game. I really didnt see him do all that much with the puck to be honest.

Here's the problem too..

MDZ is a passer.
MZA is a passer.
Stepan is a passer.

the only "shooters" we have are Gabby and Cally. That doesn't make it too hard to defend our PP since we all know who's going to be shooting the puck.
BR can shoot the puck too, and he's been taking it upon himself to do that recently. I think when MZA was getting PP ice time he looked great with the puck. He made decisive passes, which is something a lot of guys on the team don't do. They hesitate and think about if they want to pass or shoot. When MZA was on the ice he was getting somebody in a good position the puck.

What I want to see on the 1st unit is Cally (parked in front of the net), Gabby, MZA, MDZ and Richie. Second unit can be Steps, Hagelin, Dubi, maybe Boyle in front of the net, and McDonagh.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 04:00 PM
AdamBanks99
MinnesotaMiracleMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
What I want to see on the 1st unit is Cally (parked in front of the net), Gabby, MZA, MDZ and Richie. Second unit can be Steps, Hagelin, Dubi, maybe Boyle in front of the net, and McDonagh.
so, what, you'd have richie taking the facebook with gabby on the point and then rotating?

AdamBanks99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 04:07 PM
Xtranova

http://blueshirtsunited.com/videos/9...uccarello-1on1

Hard not to like no matter how you put it....

Xtranova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 04:08 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

I think BR is shooting it now..but hes at his best when hes passing it. Still though, what you need is a PP POint that is willing to shoot it consistently, this makes the D stretch out to defend the point.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 04:16 PM
bmw2004

I like the guy a lot. He has talent that some of our players don't have. His vision is pretty good. Torts has to keep the guy in favor of Feds, Mithell or Scott. We desperately need more talent and he will provide that.

Last edited by bmw2004: 03-12-2012 at 04:22 PM.
bmw2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 04:28 PM
YetAnotherNorwegian

The broadcaster the female journalist is working for picked up on Torts' remarks last night, and angling it as a funny. I wish, for one times sake, someone from my country while abroad could try to not make me ashamed of being Norwegian.

One question about Zucca now and then is ok, but when Torts recognizes her and says what he says, it might be alright to take the hint. Time to pull our heads out of our ***** and understand that the world does not revolve around (Norway in general or) Mats, especially when Richards delivered like he did last night. By all means, I'm happy Mats did well, but so did quite a few others.

YetAnotherNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 04:38 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
I think BR is shooting it now..but hes at his best when hes passing it. Still though, what you need is a PP POint that is willing to shoot it consistently, this makes the D stretch out to defend the point.
Well yeah, but what makes BR so dynamic is that he can pass AND shoot it. When you have a guy with an underrated shot like that, who is also a brilliant passer, it opens up a lot of options on the PP. I agree we need a guy who can just bomb away from the point, but having BR and his unique skill set is what would make that role so effective. And since we don't really have the thundering point shot, we have to role with what we have.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 04:41 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetAnotherNorwegian View Post
The broadcaster the female journalist is working for picked up on Torts' remarks last night, and angling it as a funny. I wish, for one times sake, someone from my country while abroad could try to not make me ashamed of being Norwegian.

One question about Zucca now and then is ok, but when Torts recognizes her and says what he says, it might be alright to take the hint. Time to pull our heads out of our ***** and understand that the world does not revolve around (Norway in general or) Mats, especially when Richards delivered like he did last night. By all means, I'm happy Mats did well, but so did quite a few others.
Yeah, I kinda don't understand that Zuc is having an assigned reporter for him. Its kinda silly.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 04:47 PM
NickyFotiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Yeah, I kinda don't understand that Zuc is having an assigned reporter for him. Its kinda silly.
On the other Torts doesn't have to make it a big deal and worse make it an issue that MZA has to be concerned about.

Torts should lighten up every now and then. The world is not ending because a small country is excited to have one of their players playing in NY.

NickyFotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 05:24 PM
Slayem
Lucky Zuke

Well said. Never understood why Torts makes a fuzz about this. This reporter lives in the US and her job is to pick up news related to Norway and espcially US politics. A correspondent.

Last edited by Slayem: 03-12-2012 at 05:30 PM.
Slayem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 05:46 PM
AlwaysARanger
Schwing!

Quote:
That is far from the truth. She covers USA in general (Politics, Economics, Hurricanes, what ever) and knows zip about sports in general and probably even less about hockey.

She lives in New York and the TV-channel (1 of 2 nationwide broadcasters in Norway) she works for are pretty sports oriented. How hard is it for a reporter mostly covering US politics to ask "what do you think about Mats" in 15 different ways?

Wild guess, but I think she never ever have covered Mats in an away game (maybe @Washington by accident for obvious reasons), not counting Hartford wich is like 1 hour car trip away from Manhattan.

AlwaysARanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 05:49 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysARanger View Post
That is far from the truth. She covers USA in general (Politics, Economics, Hurricanes, what ever) and knows zip about sports in general and probably even less about hockey.

She lives in New York and the TV-channel (1 of 2 nationwide broadcasters in Norway) she works for are pretty sports oriented. How hard is it for a reporter mostly covering US politics to ask "what do you think about Mats" in 15 different ways?

Wild guess, but I think she never ever have covered Mats in an away game (maybe @Washington by accident for obvious reasons), not counting Hartford wich is like 1 hour car trip away from Manhattan.
Honestly, that makes it sound even worse....

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 05:50 PM
AlwaysARanger
Schwing!

Quote:
Honestly, that makes it sound even worse....

lol, maybe

AlwaysARanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 07:23 PM
Robs789

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetAnotherNorwegian View Post

She sounded completely russian to me.

Robs789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 12:23 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

The downfall of mza will be his European Agent and stupid Norwegian reporters..

Wait and see Torts send him to AHL to avoid 14 questions about the same thing after every game..

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 12:43 AM
Fanned On It

Quote:

Here's the problem too..

MDZ is a passer.
MZA is a passer.
Stepan is a passer.

IDK if I would categorize any of these players as "passers and shooters". What I mean is, these guys are in the NHL, they all have the ability to shoot the puck and beat a goalie. What about that shootout goal Stepan had this season where he just rung it top shelf (I forgot who we were playing). I think what you're saying is that these guys all "opt to pass" rather than shoot, but that's more a matter of mentality than personnel. I think Stepan, Richards and Del Zotto CAN all shoot the puck, they just have to make the decision to do so. Now the problem with Del Zotto is that when he shoots he usually misses the damn net, especially from the point. He needs to stop going for the snipe and just get the puck on net for a rebound or a lucky goal.

About Zucc, I don't really know if he has a good shot or not I haven't really seen him play enough.

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 02:38 AM
TigerJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
The downfall of mza will be his European Agent and stupid Norwegian reporters..

Wait and see Torts send him to AHL to avoid 14 questions about the same thing after every game..
I think its embarassing for both Zuccarello and the whole country of Norway. At least they should send a sports journalist with hockey knowledge.

TigerJack is offline   Reply With Quote