HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In theory, these trades work.

Closed Thread

Old
11-15-2003, 08:57 AM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

vCash: 500
In theory, these trades work.

We all know what this team needs, as its been discussed ad naseum. These are 3 deals that fulfull all of our needs, and relieve us of some contracts and roster space. I tried as hard as I could to make these trades look respectable from both sides.

Trade #1
(RW) G.Laraque
(D) J.Smith
(C) S.Horcoff

to Montreal for
(C) Y.Perrault
(D) M.Komiserak
2nd Round Draft Pick

Montreal needs grit, team toughness and leadership, this deal fulfills that, and we need a face-off/2nd line centreman, we get that. Also Komi is a stud Defensive prospect, and you can neve have enough of those.

Trade #2
(C) M.Comrie
3rd Round Draft Pick

to San Jose for
(LW) M.Sturm
(G) M.Kiprisoff

This is a deal that I think works for both sides, San Jose has to get rid off one of their backups, if they try sending one down then they gotta clear waivers, so this allows them to get a return, and gives us a scoring winger for our top 6, along with a goalie who can play 30+ games a year behind Conks. And we finally get the Comrie fiasco out of our hair.

Trade #3
(G) T.Salo
(LW) J.Chimera
(LW) B.Isbister

to Pheonix for
(LW) L.Nagy
(D) O.Vaananen

Nagy has had a solid year and is really starting to come around, but Pheonix needs help in goal, getting Salo would allow them to move Burke out.

New Line-up...

Sturm-York-Dvorak
Smyth-Perrault-Nagy
Moreau-Reasoner-Pisani
Torres-Stoll-Hemsky

Brewer-Vaananen
Staios-Cross
Ferguson-Semenov/MAB

Conklin
Kiprisoff

So, in theory this team looks alot better and alot more balanced on paper. we get our faceoff guy, our #2 centre, our offensive defenseman, a few solid wingers, we rid ourselves of 2 guys who will be gone in the summer (Smith,Salo) and alot of bottom 6 fillers are shipped out. We might need to pick up an enforcer, but my brain hurts so I'll let you guys sort that out; our team is still pretty tough though with a hand full of guys that will drop the gloves if need be.

What do you think?

Old
11-15-2003, 09:08 AM
Taco Grande

None of these trades would work. Ever.

We get screwed in the Montreal deal and the other two are... well in the Milbury catagory of crazy.

Old
11-15-2003, 09:29 AM
Vyse64
N64

vCash: 611
Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
none of those trades works
oilers get boned in Montreal deal
edmonton rips off phoneix
and i'm not convinced Kiprisoff is any better than conklin or even good enough to be a starter

Old
11-15-2003, 09:36 AM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

its unanymous, this is probably why my hockey pool team, is in second last place.

Old
11-15-2003, 10:01 AM
FacelessButcher

too many trades does not even look like the Edmonton Oilers anymore.

icky lines too by the way Hemsky and Torres on the 4th? They both have been racking up points. All we really need is two-way face-off center man who has the ability to score goals and hopefully help the PP and/or PK(hard to find). Semenov should get called up to play with Brewer and stick hopefully fixing our defense problems. No one is going to take Tommy off our hands right now let him get another shot at it, I think he can share starting duties with Conklin but will never be a top 10 goalie again and we just don't re-new him in the off-season, if he is just atrocious when he comes back then we choose from the over-abundance of 1A goalies(there is lots no rush) to pair with Conklin.

Old
11-15-2003, 10:03 AM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
too many trades does not even look like the Edmonton Oilers anymore.

icky lines too by the way Hemsky and Torres on the 4th? They both have been racking up points. All we really need is two-way face-off center man who has the ability to score goals and hopefully help the PP and/or PK(hard to find). Semenov should get called up to play with Brewer and stick hopefully fixing our defense problems. No one is going to take Tommy off our hands right now let him get another shot at it, I think he can share starting duties with Conklin but will never be a top 10 goalie again and we just don't re-new him in the off-season, if he is just atrocious when he comes back then we choose from the over-abundance of 1A goalies(there is lots no rush) to pair with Conklin.
two way face off centre man......i wonder who that could be maybe we have one of those i'm sure we do

Old
11-15-2003, 10:07 AM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabi_sultan
two way face off centre man......i wonder who that could be maybe we have one of those i'm sure we do
Reasoner? two never hurts I miss Marchant.

Old
11-15-2003, 10:33 AM
Hyped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Grande
None of these trades would work. Ever.

We get screwed in the Montreal deal and the other two are... well in the Milbury catagory of crazy.
From a Montreal fan perspective, I would never do that deal for the Habs. Giving up a young stud on defense for 1 mediocre player and two garbage guys doesn't get them ahead at all. Then they have to throw in more? No matter how much crap you throw into the deal, it wouldn't make it any better form a Montreal standpoint. 0 times 0 is still 0...

Old
11-15-2003, 10:46 AM
Jamie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyped
From a Montreal fan perspective, I would never do that deal for the Habs. Giving up a young stud on defense for 1 mediocre player and two garbage guys doesn't get them ahead at all. Then they have to throw in more? No matter how much crap you throw into the deal, it wouldn't make it any better form a Montreal standpoint. 0 times 0 is still 0...
I'm going to have to agree with the Habs fan here. Smith for Perrault is a loss for us, but there's no chance they deal Komi for Horc and Laraque. Let alone adding a 2nd rounder in there. Value wise, Habs probably consider Komisarek close to how we value Hemsky.

Closed Thread