HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 - Montreal Impact - 2012 MLS Entry Season Thread 3.0

Closed Thread

Old
03-11-2012, 04:18 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

vCash: 500
The game was much closer than the score makes it seem. The scoring chances and the attempts on goal were near identical on both sides. The Whitecaps capitalized on our mistakes and their strikers made great touches.

Our defense needs to be more mobile and not get caught flat footed. Our strikers need finishing.

Old
03-11-2012, 04:40 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
That should be Nyassi.
You are correct but there are two wings on the field so we need a 2nd one lol

Old
03-11-2012, 05:26 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
We still have 33 games to play so of course we still have plenty of time.

However if yesterday's game is to be an indication for this season then I don't expect much, we're missing too many pieces but that's okay for an expansion team.

The positions which we need improvemen are:

1) Creative Left back
2) Playmaker. There was too much gap between the midfield and the forwards.
3) Fast and creative winger. I hope the Arnaud experiment as a RM won't last long, he's too slow to play that position.
4) legit striker

Also if Wahl is considered better than Camara or Thomas as a central defender than we need more depth at that position the time Rivas comes back because it's clearly not his position.
YES FOR THE LEFT BACK!

I personally think, once Rivas is healthy, they will shift over Wahl to the Left Back spot (His original position) and bump down Gardiner (eventhough it seems like Marsch loves him)

As for the Striker, I think that will be the Designated Player no doubt. The lack of finishing was pretty obvious last night

Felipe has to play down the middle. He doesnt have the pure speed to run down the wing. Hes a nice ball mover and playmaker. I really have a hard time seeing him down the wing.

Awkwardly... Marsch used Fucito on the wing down the middle.. Or did they put Fucito in, and switch him spots with Nyassi

Ideally... This would be a full 100% Healthy Lineup -->

Valentin-Rivas-Ferrari-Wahl(Gardiner?)
Arnaud-Felipe-Bernier-Mapp
Nyassi (Wenger?)
Braun (Corradi?)

(Marsch said he liked having one striker move around in between the midfeild and attacking, which is why i put him behind Braun)

http://tvasports.ca/video/1500082392001

We gona get some good French coverage boys!
0:32.. Patrice Bernier? ...
0:49.. Partisans de L'Impact? Are you delusional? Thats the SouthSiders/Whitecaps fans remembering the TFC vs Impact game that gave the Canadian Championship to Toronto by a 6-0 Loss (I believe) When Vancouver thought they had it in the bag unless a ridicioulous score came up & MTL dressed some second-stringers

Last edited by LaurentHabs: 03-11-2012 at 06:08 PM.
Old
03-11-2012, 06:07 PM
uocooco

------------Di Vaio--------------

------------Wenger-------------
Nyassi ------------------- Felipe
--------Arnaud - Bernier---------

Mallace - Rivas - Ferarri - Valentin

That's how I see it.

Since Rivas is injured and Di Vaio will be here in July, I would do that for next game.

------------Sebrango-----------

Mallace - Camara-Ferarri - Valentin

-Clearly Arnaud is more effective in the middle than in the wing and Felipe isn't good enough defensively to play in the middle.

-Nyassi has good speed, but no finish, so he would be better suited on the wing.

-Tyson Wahl is just atrocious... Camara would do a better job, he is also taller and more mobile.

-The left full back position is really up for grabs, but from what I've seen in pre-season, Mallace was a monster, so we should give him a chance.

-Clearly we lack composure in front of the net and sadly, the only forward who can finish is Sebrango. Maybe if we sign Corradi it could change, maybe fucito or braun can get better... but right now the forward position is a big question mark.

-Wenger is our best player. In the pre-season he always seemed to shine when he was playing just behind the lone attacker. I see him more as a long range shooter, he has great vision and good ball control, he's good defensively, he hustles,... I think it would be better for him to play CAM or CF. I just don't see him as a striker. I see him as a Lampard/Gerard type player.

Old
03-11-2012, 06:13 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Beckham View Post
------------Di Vaio--------------

Mallace - Rivas - Ferarri - Valentin

That's how I see it.

Since Rivas is injured and Di Vaio will be here in July, I would do that for next game.

------------Sebrango-----------

Mallace - Camara-Ferarri - Valentin

-Clearly Arnaud is more effective in the middle than in the wing and Felipe isn't good enough defensively to play in the middle.

-Nyassi has good speed, but no finish, so he would be better suited on the wing.

-Tyson Wahl is just atrocious... Camara would do a better job, he is also taller and more mobile.

-The left full back position is really up for grabs, but from what I've seen in pre-season, Mallace was a monster, so we should give him a chance.

-Clearly we lack composure in front of the net and sadly, the only forward who can finish is Sebrango. Maybe if we sign Corradi it could change, maybe fucito or braun can get better... but right now the forward position is a big question mark.

-Wenger is our best player. In the pre-season he always seemed to shine when he was playing just behind the lone attacker. I see him more as a long range shooter, he has great vision and good ball control, he's good defensively, he hustles,... I think it would be better for him to play CAM or CF. I just don't see him as a striker. I see him as a Lampard/Gerard type player.
I don't know if Valentin will be there next week. I actually never know.. One week hes with U23, Other week with the olympic team hehe .. As for Mallace, I don't see him as a starter this year, unless there are injuries, he's just learning the position, was a midfeilder at college.

As for Sebrango, doubt he passes from not being on the 18 man roster to Vancouver all the way to starter. Maybe a bench apperance for Sebrango to sub in Wenger at around the 60 minute mark.

I agree for Camara, but I'm not sure if hes 100% after that pre-season injury. If hes healthy I'd put him in for sure...

If Corradi is signed, I think he could make the bench for sure and replace Braun later on... If Corradi isn't signed, woulden't be surprised to see Nyassi as a starter replaced by Wenger later on.

------------Braun-----------
Mapp---Felipe----Bernier----Arnaud
Wahl --- Camara---Ferarri --- Valentin

Marsch seems to like Mapp A LOT. I Doubt he gets benched.

Last edited by LaurentHabs: 03-11-2012 at 06:23 PM.
Old
03-11-2012, 07:20 PM
Padrino86

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
I don't know if Valentin will be there next week. I actually never know.. One week hes with U23, Other week with the olympic team hehe .. As for Mallace, I don't see him as a starter this year, unless there are injuries, he's just learning the position, was a midfeilder at college.

As for Sebrango, doubt he passes from not being on the 18 man roster to Vancouver all the way to starter. Maybe a bench apperance for Sebrango to sub in Wenger at around the 60 minute mark.

I agree for Camara, but I'm not sure if hes 100% after that pre-season injury. If hes healthy I'd put him in for sure...

If Corradi is signed, I think he could make the bench for sure and replace Braun later on... If Corradi isn't signed, woulden't be surprised to see Nyassi as a starter replaced by Wenger later on.

------------Braun-----------
Mapp---Felipe----Bernier----Arnaud
Wahl --- Camara---Ferarri --- Valentin

Marsch seems to like Mapp A LOT. I Doubt he gets benched.
I agree with this formation except Felipe and Arnaud should be switched imo. I won't lose sleep either if Mapp is benched for Nyassi or something like that. I don't think he should be punished too hard for playing like total crap last game but sit him a good 60-70min to make him understand it's not acceptable.

Old
03-11-2012, 07:54 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padrino86 View Post
I agree with this formation except Felipe and Arnaud should be switched imo. I won't lose sleep either if Mapp is benched for Nyassi or something like that. I don't think he should be punished too hard for playing like total crap last game but sit him a good 60-70min to make him understand it's not acceptable.
I don't see Felipe on the flank. And why would you put our best player from last game on the bench?

Last edited by Captain Saku: 03-11-2012 at 08:01 PM.
Old
03-11-2012, 08:30 PM
McSorleyStick
GIJON !

Jesse looked really pissed in the postgame press conf.

Old
03-11-2012, 09:03 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
I don't see Felipe on the flank. And why would you put our best player from last game on the bench?
You surely misread that. He's saying Mapp should be a sub. Mapp was far from the best player.

Old
03-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
You surely misread that. He's saying Mapp should be a sub. Mapp was far from the best player.
You're right. Sorry.

Old
03-11-2012, 09:44 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Just out of the top of my head..

Forlan, is he still too young? Maybe not this year, but in 1-2 years. Would it be unrealistic to think of him as a possible DP in the MLS in general?

Vid gave me some chills

Old
03-11-2012, 10:28 PM
Erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Just out of the top of my head..

Forlan, is he still too young? Maybe not this year, but in 1-2 years. Would it be unrealistic to think of him as a possible DP in the MLS in general?

Vid gave me some chills
Diego Forlan will never sign with the MLS... at least not for the next 3-4 years. He's still one of the best striker in the world right now, so no chance.

I really wish the Impact and Nick De Santis put more effort in recruiting an unknown but talented player in south america...

With the numbers of players over there, there is certainly another Fredy Montero hidden somewhere in a cavern !! The Impact must find it and bring it to Montreal !!

Look how good Seattle did in their first two seasons in the MLS !! It all started with the discovery of my hero Fredy Montero and BAMM !! Legit young superstar right off the bat...

I had hopes for Lucas Acosta, but didn't heard of him since his trial.

We can still dream...

Old
03-11-2012, 10:38 PM
schumway2

I want to go to the home opener but I hate the Olympic Stadium. Such a terrible environment and the site lines...ugh.

Old
03-11-2012, 10:40 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
I want to go to the home opener but I hate the Olympic Stadium. Such a terrible environment and the site lines...ugh.
This shouldnt be a reason not to go really.

From what I last heard 45000 tickets sold so far. I think we'll reach 50000 ppl.

Old
03-11-2012, 10:45 PM
schumway2

Quote:
This shouldnt be a reason not to go really.

From what I last heard 45000 tickets sold so far. I think we'll reach 50000 ppl.
I was there for the Grey Cup where there was 70,000 and as fun as the game was it was madness to get in and out. I was always looking to make sure the noise wouldn't bring the place down.

Old
03-11-2012, 11:13 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
I was there for the Grey Cup where there was 70,000 and as fun as the game was it was madness to get in and out. I was always looking to make sure the noise wouldn't bring the place down.
I was there for the Eastern Conference finals this year.. And trust me.. 33K was loud as hell, but man, I feel shy when I look at the upper deck and its empty. A sellout isn't a necessity. I just hope its full enough to make the whole place look occupied, and minimize, if not completely remove every "hole" possible.

Old
03-11-2012, 11:59 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Sight lines are decent for a big stadium. What kills it for me is that it's at 2... I'm working

Old
03-12-2012, 01:17 AM
Guilliam

Any news about that Adrian Senger or something like that we were rumoured to sign a while back? Are we just waiting for his contract in Europe to end? He was a striker, right?

Old
03-12-2012, 01:32 AM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Seriously, Drogba would be the best fit in Montreal. Not Di Vaio. Plus, he's build like a tank (among soccer players) and that's why our team needs. We couldn't even play with Hassli.. Drogba would be such a star here in Montreal and in the MLS. We need this kind of DP in Montreal.

Old
03-12-2012, 06:58 AM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
Any news about that Adrian Senger or something like that we were rumoured to sign a while back? Are we just waiting for his contract in Europe to end? He was a striker, right?
I think you mean Dante Senger? Not sure.

As said just above, I agree with Drogba. I'm sure the first designated player will be a somewhat popular name to attract tickets and whatnot. The second and third DP's might be less known players, some unfamiliar names the scouting team could of have found in south america, or in second euro-leagues.

Old
03-12-2012, 02:22 PM
Huge94

and this is exactly why I don't want Ballack in Montreal

Michael Ballack thinks everyone is conspiring against him

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer...lv=3#more-9763

Old
03-12-2012, 02:28 PM
gunners14henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge94 View Post
and this is exactly why I don't want Ballack in Montreal

Michael Ballack thinks everyone is conspiring against him

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer...lv=3#more-9763
From what I've heard, Montreal isn't going after Ballack. One of my friends is great friends With Saputo's brother in-law so I asked my friend to get any info on whether the rumours were true (about the Impact going after Ballack) and he said they're not.

I tried to have him find out who Saputo met in Italy, but he couldn't get anything.

Old
03-12-2012, 06:27 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

I was looking at the MLS Salary list and decided to do some research on some big names. Just wondering if anyone knows about these two players? Are they still both in good enough shape to make somewhat of a Impact in the MLS?

Freddie Ljungberg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fredrik_Ljungberg

Nate Jaqua

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nate_Jaqua

Last edited by LaurentHabs: 03-12-2012 at 06:34 PM.
Old
03-12-2012, 06:33 PM
BLBarmada

Ljunberg was cut from Seattle for a reason, well actually he was cut from Chicago after being traded there.

Old
03-12-2012, 06:35 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLBarmada View Post
Ljunberg was cut from Seattle for a reason, well actually he was cut from Chicago after being traded there.
Was just inquiring, which is why I posted it

Closed Thread