HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2011 - Montreal Impact - 2012 MLS Entry Season Thread 3.0

Closed Thread

Old
03-12-2012, 05:37 PM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
I was looking at the MLS Salary list and decided to do some research on some big names. Just wondering if anyone knows about these two players? Are they still both in good enough shape to make somewhat of a Impact in the MLS?

Freddie Ljungberg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fredrik_Ljungberg

Nate Jaqua

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nate_Jaqua
Ljungberg is a ****ing dick. Don't want that in our team.

Old
03-12-2012, 05:42 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge94 View Post
and this is exactly why I don't want Ballack in Montreal

Michael Ballack thinks everyone is conspiring against him

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer...180003878.html
Way overblown. He's basically saying there were talks of removing the captaincy from him. Ballack would be amazing for our midfield and would not be a distraction on the team. If anyone is, it would be Drogba the drama me-first-second-and-third queen.

Old
03-12-2012, 06:00 PM
Guilliam

Quote:
I think you mean Dante Senger? Not sure.
Well his nam is Dante Adrìan Senger so we're both right

Any news on him?

Last edited by Guilliam: 03-12-2012 at 06:18 PM.
Old
03-12-2012, 08:13 PM
Huge94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Way overblown. He's basically saying there were talks of removing the captaincy from him. Ballack would be amazing for our midfield and would not be a distraction on the team. If anyone is, it would be Drogba the drama me-first-second-and-third queen.
I agree it is overblown, but it is not the first time Ballack has shown something similar.

Reminds me of the whole Kovalev fiasco when he was sent home for like a week

He'd be a superb player for us though, no doubt.

Old
03-12-2012, 08:36 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika EllerWick View Post
Diego Forlan will never sign with the MLS... at least not for the next 3-4 years. He's still one of the best striker in the world right now, so no chance.

I really wish the Impact and Nick De Santis put more effort in recruiting an unknown but talented player in south america...

With the numbers of players over there, there is certainly another Fredy Montero hidden somewhere in a cavern !! The Impact must find it and bring it to Montreal !!

Look how good Seattle did in their first two seasons in the MLS !! It all started with the discovery of my hero Fredy Montero and BAMM !! Legit young superstar right off the bat...

I had hopes for Lucas Acosta, but didn't heard of him since his trial.

We can still dream...
You're living in the past...Forlan was hot **** 2 years ago, his star is fading...even Spurs didn't want him for less then the 10 mil it woulda taken. He almost went to Seattle last year, he won't be MLS quality in 3-4 yrs.

Quote:
I was looking at the MLS Salary list and decided to do some research on some big names. Just wondering if anyone knows about these two players? Are they still both in good enough shape to make somewhat of a Impact in the MLS?

Freddie Ljungberg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fredrik_Ljungberg

Nate Jaqua

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nate_Jaqua
FJ is a head case thats why he was tossed out of Seattle...only player that complains more on the pitch is Becks...

Jaqua is just terrible.

As for the game...as I said before the season Arnaud is not a wide player, he is a center mid that is slowing down and his most valuable asset is his shot. As it sits now, MTL is below average on the backline and the strike core. I thought the midfield (namely Bernier) was decent. The backline was basically carried by Ferrari, until he screwed up on the Camilo goal. If Wahl/Gardnier/Brosky start a majority of the games the rest of the year there is gonna be trouble.

As for the strikers....Nyassi is exactly what you saw from him Sat, lots of flash and things that make you go "wow" then he shoots or passes and you go wow....

All in all, the team didn't look as bad as I thought they would. And while a loss hurts, MTL is lucky to be in the East, cause while not favored in their next 3 games, I could realistically see them taking points of any of Chicago/Cbus/NY (last 2 looked brutal this weekend).

Old
03-12-2012, 08:44 PM
Captain Saku

I don't know about other teams, like many others it's the first year I follow the MLS (i'm a huge soccer fan but just never followed the MLS), is there any team in the east that is supposed to be weaker than us? Or are we expected to end dead last?

I'm expecting the 2nd half of the season to be much better with the return of Rivas and the acquisition of a DP but I hope we can improve our midfield as well.

Old
03-12-2012, 08:48 PM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

Guys, the Union plays in Portland tonight vs the Timbers. Watch it, tremendous atmosphere there.

Old
03-12-2012, 09:24 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
I don't know about other teams, like many others it's the first year I follow the MLS (i'm a huge soccer fan but just never followed the MLS), is there any team in the east that is supposed to be weaker than us? Or are we expected to end dead last?

I'm expecting the 2nd half of the season to be much better with the return of Rivas and the acquisition of a DP but I hope we can improve our midfield as well.
Right now, NE...they have an ownership that doesn't care about the team and they just hired their color guy to be the head coach...

Then in the West Chivas is similarly stuck with terrible terrible ownership.

Old
03-12-2012, 09:48 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Quote:

Philly seem to have taken a huge step down.

And yes, the Timbernation is sick

Old
03-12-2012, 09:50 PM
Captain Saku

I can't wait for Fifa 13 and Football Manager 2013!!

Old
03-12-2012, 10:17 PM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

Quote:
Philly seem to have taken a huge step down.

And yes, the Timbernation is sick
They took the lead but the Timbers just scored! MacMath should've had that.

@KingLB I think Chivas should be moved to Florida if they find solid ownership over there.

Old
03-12-2012, 10:26 PM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

Whatever some eurosnobs say, this league is entertaining. Very entertaining.

Old
03-12-2012, 10:31 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Right now, NE...they have an ownership that doesn't care about the team and they just hired their color guy to be the head coach...

Then in the West Chivas is similarly stuck with terrible terrible ownership.
I was gonna post Revolution. They're horribly mismanaged. Can't complain

Old
03-12-2012, 10:36 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

What a game in between Portland and Philly. Portland might be a strong contender. Kris Boyd is a fing beast. What a signing by Portland

Old
03-12-2012, 10:39 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
They took the lead but the Timbers just scored! MacMath should've had that.

@KingLB I think Chivas should be moved to Florida if they find solid ownership over there.
Many have said San Diego would be a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
Whatever some eurosnobs say, this league is entertaining. Very entertaining.
I was gonna post earlier that many times the key for expansion teams is getting that young guy that comes out of no where and blows up for you. Similar to Montero in Seattle, AlHaasan always impresses me when I watch Portland. Camilo is decent for Van as well.

The question is, where is this player for MTL?? Outside Felipe they really have a lot of retreads and not much "young" talent from outside MLS.

Old
03-12-2012, 10:46 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Portlands crowd is phenomenal. Thats a 20K Sellout. I could of have sworn they were atleast 35k. Imagine putting Portland fans in the Big O. Or Impact fans learning some chants, dressing in blue, and buying scarves while filling the Big O this saturday

Old
03-12-2012, 11:01 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:

Lots of home games in July-August as well.

If we can manage to stay above water in the first half we will have a great chance in the second half with Rivas coming back, the DP set for July 1st and lots of home games.

Old
03-12-2012, 11:03 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:

I was gonna post earlier that many times the key for expansion teams is getting that young guy that comes out of no where and blows up for you. Similar to Montero in Seattle, AlHaasan always impresses me when I watch Portland. Camilo is decent for Van as well.

The question is, where is this player for MTL?? Outside Felipe they really have a lot of retreads and not much "young" talent from outside MLS.
Valentin I think will be a big part of the D. Midfield and striker... not so much. Wenger maybe. It's gonna be a long season.

Old
03-12-2012, 11:09 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryHabs View Post
Lots of home games in July-August as well.

If we can manage to stay above water in the first half we will have a great chance in the second half with Rivas coming back, the DP set for July 1st and lots of home games.
This. If the team can stay anywhere around .500 until they get the DP & Rivas back healthy, it will be a pretty good moral victory. Once the Designated Player arrives arrives, then the team will (hopefully) play better and play somehwere around .650 to make the team end the season over .500 . Anyways, If the team shows up every game and performs well, Its easier to accept the loss. The effort is what counts. If the Impact can finish, lets say, 7th or 8th in the east would be ideal.

Am I being delusional? Bring me back to earth if so

Old
03-12-2012, 11:18 PM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

^^

The East sucks. A team will need to be average to make the playoffs and the Impact certainly can do that. Only two Eastern conference teams won a game this week-end.

Quote:

The Impact has a much more conservative approach on how they build a team. Might be why.

Old
03-12-2012, 11:28 PM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

Oh and :

Old
03-13-2012, 01:59 PM
FrankMTL

Looks like the Impact is adding 2000 seats for their home opener at the Big O. They're really trying to beat the 58,000+ who attended the Montreal Manic game in 1981.

They've also confirmed 46.500 seats sold so far. they should be able to get somewhat close as there tends to be a lot of last minute sales for games like this in Montreal. That place will be louuuuuud! Hopefully they give out t-shirts and people bring confetti and streamers to make it feel more like a big soccer match.

http://www.rds.ca/impact/chroniques/336839.html

Old
03-13-2012, 03:04 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
Looks like the Impact is adding 2000 seats for their home opener at the Big O. They're really trying to beat the 58,000+ who attended the Montreal Manic game in 1981.

They've also confirmed 46.500 seats sold so far. they should be able to get somewhat close as there tends to be a lot of last minute sales for games like this in Montreal. That place will be louuuuuud! Hopefully they give out t-shirts and people bring confetti and streamers to make it feel more like a big soccer match.

http://www.rds.ca/impact/chroniques/336839.html
And Toronto made a big deal about getting 45,000 last week lol. We had 55,000+ for the exact same match 3 years ago vs Santos Laguna and now over 50,000 will be there in the MLS opener.

Old
03-13-2012, 03:31 PM
Captain Saku

I wish I can go. No body I know want to go. They're either working or the MLS is not good enough for them, if we don't have a Messi or Ronaldo they wouldn't bother watching.

Old
03-13-2012, 03:46 PM
Padrino86

Quote:
I wish I can go. No body I know want to go. They're either working or the MLS is not good enough for them, if we don't have a Messi or Ronaldo they wouldn't bother watching.
I'm in the same boat but I bought season tickets on my own anyway. Supporters section is fun no matter what. And if you find somebody for one game it's alright, since supporters section is first arrived first served, so you won't be split.

Closed Thread