HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Anders Lee on HockeyFuture Today (Signed 2 year ELC)

Old
11-02-2011, 12:02 PM
leeroggy

vCash: 500
Anders Lee on HockeyFuture Today (Signed 2 year ELC)

This is an excerpt from HF's College Hockey review on the front page:

"In college hockey right now, there are goal scorers and then there is Anders Lee. The Edina, MN native currently leads the nation with ten goals and is tied for fourth with 13 points in seven games. What is so remarkable about Lee's torrid goal-scoring pace is the fact that he has posted a goal in every game thus far, which includes a hat trick versus RPI back on October 21st After posting 24 goals last season, Lee is poised to potentially reach the 50-goal plateau this season at his current pace."

leeroggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 12:52 PM
redbull
Expect more

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeroggy View Post
This is an excerpt from HF's College Hockey review on the front page:

"In college hockey right now, there are goal scorers and then there is Anders Lee. The Edina, MN native currently leads the nation with ten goals and is tied for fourth with 13 points in seven games. What is so remarkable about Lee's torrid goal-scoring pace is the fact that he has posted a goal in every game thus far, which includes a hat trick versus RPI back on October 21st After posting 24 goals last season, Lee is poised to potentially reach the 50-goal plateau this season at his current pace."
bit absurd to even mention 50 goals...clearly not a hockey person who wrote this.

Matt Frattin scored 36 last year. I think the highest since 2005 is Ryan Potulny who had 38, there's rarely more than 2-3 players to crack 30 gaols in the NCAA.

Lee's a very good NCAA player, but he's hardly an offensive dynamo.

He won't score 50 goals.

He won't score 40 goals.

He may score 30 goals, which is still a pretty great accomplishment for a player like Lee.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 01:20 PM
Brunomics

Speaking of Lee I was out at Notre Dame this past weekend to watch them play Navy and in the rink I got to see a lot of the stuff they have at the old and new hockey rink and in every picture Lee just towers and looks gigantic compared to his teammates. If I saw him on campus I was going to throw an Isles comment his way but never did unfortunately.

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 01:30 PM
StrongIslanders90

Lee is a MONSTER!!!

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 01:40 PM
Isles Junkie

a link would have been nice

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 02:52 PM
BillD

Read somewhere that Lee would leke to finish his 4 full years and get his degree at ND, in which case, he will be eligible for UFA if he chooses. Smart kid, and if he continues on this path of hockey the rest of his years there, it will cost real money to get his sig on a contract. Even more important, the areener deal better be resolved.

BillD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 03:01 PM
Brunomics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaljudge View Post
Read somewhere that Lee would leke to finish his 4 full years and get his degree at ND, in which case, he will be eligible for UFA if he chooses. Smart kid, and if he continues on this path of hockey the rest of his years there, it will cost real money to get his sig on a contract. Even more important, the areener deal better be resolved.
Lovely, guess he's another that won't be an Islander

Old
11-02-2011, 03:05 PM
Dutch Frost
Everything is Fine!!

vCash: 1130
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
bit absurd to even mention 50 goals...clearly not a hockey person who wrote this.

Matt Frattin scored 36 last year. I think the highest since 2005 is Ryan Potulny who had 38, there's rarely more than 2-3 players to crack 30 gaols in the NCAA.

Lee's a very good NCAA player, but he's hardly an offensive dynamo.

He won't score 50 goals.

He won't score 40 goals.

He may score 30 goals, which is still a pretty great accomplishment for a player like Lee.
Maybe if you read the last sentence where the writer says "He will likely reach the 50 goal plateau if he keeps this current pace"

Dutch Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 03:06 PM
periferal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post

periferal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 03:07 PM
Dutch Frost
Everything is Fine!!

vCash: 1130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaljudge View Post
Please money talks.. Throw him some cash and let him enroll in Hofstra

Dutch Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 03:09 PM
ledzep1212
Watch Broad City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunomics View Post
Lovely, guess he's another that won't be an Islander
What? You do realize neither Blake Kessel, or Jason Gregoire did the full 4, correct? They both opted out after their junior years to go into free agency, Anders Lee has the same option, but by all accounts will not go that route, and just wants to get his full college education. There is no doubt in my mind that Anders Lee will sign his ELC with the Isles after he finishes up college, just as Rakhshani did.

ledzep1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 03:13 PM
Brunomics

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzep1212 View Post
What? You do realize neither Blake Kessel, or Jason Gregoire did the full 4, correct? They both opted out after their junior years to go into free agency, Anders Lee has the same option, but by all accounts will not go that route, and just wants to get his full college education. There is no doubt in my mind that Anders Lee will sign his ELC with the Isles after he finishes up college, just as Rakhshani did.
I hope you are absolutely 100% correct and I'm wrong, but I'm worried that he won't end up an Islander because of this clause. Especially if he kills it at ND the next two seasons and starts seeing $ signs.

Old
11-02-2011, 05:12 PM
boredmale

I am guessing the Islanders will do everything they can to sign him after this season. Since he was passed over for the 2008 draft, he will be 4 years removed from his initial draft season so he is getting old in prospect terms and ready for the big time(or at least a little stint in the AHL)

boredmale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 05:24 PM
startainfection

what is considered elite for goal scored on a season at his level?

startainfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 05:59 PM
Forty Six and Two

Lee named CCHA player of the month

http://islanders.nhl.com/club/news.h...L%7CNYI%7Chome

Notre Dame, Ind. - Notre Dame sophomore left wing Anders Lee (Edina, Minn.) has been selected as the RBC Financial Group CCHA Player of the Month for October.

The 6-3, 227-pound left wing has helped the fourth-ranked Irish get off to a strong 5-2 start this season as he has scored at least one goal in all seven games, with a two-goal effort and a hat trick thrown in for good measure. After seven contests, Lee leads both the conference and the nation with 10 goals and has added three assists for 13 points. He trails only teammate T.J. Tynan (So., Orland Park, Ill.) for the conference lead in points as Tynan has 14 on two goals and 12 assists. Lee ranks second in the CCHA with three power-play goals as the schedule rolls into November. His seven-game goal and point streak are career highs for the Irish forward.

Forty Six and Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 10:47 PM
periferal

Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
what is considered elite for goal scored on a season at his level?
30+ goals.

periferal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 11:18 PM
ledzep1212
Watch Broad City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunomics View Post
I hope you are absolutely 100% correct and I'm wrong, but I'm worried that he won't end up an Islander because of this clause. Especially if he kills it at ND the next two seasons and starts seeing $ signs.
I doubt it, I think Lee is absolutely dead set on finishing all 4 years, and because of that I think he will be loyal to the Islanders, and sign the ELC, I get the skepticism though.

ledzep1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 11:48 PM
ndgolden

Quote:

Lee's a very good NCAA player, but he's hardly an offensive dynamo. He won't score 50 goals. He won't score 40 goals.

"For a player like Lee" Nice! You have officially joined the ranks of those who have doubted what Lee can do or will do with regard to his hockey. No one here is attempting to compare his offensive skills to someone like Krieder...

Lee will be play LW for the Islanders, It is a position they are sorely lacking, a size-able power forward who can finish and control the puck in the corners and make plays.

As long as his game is developing and he enjoys the college scene at ND, I would expect he will be their a minimum of three years. All of the ND players take summer classes and most are on pace to finish in 3-1/2 years.

But if he should hit 50............. who knows?

ndgolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 08:57 AM
redbull
Expect more

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndgolden View Post
"For a player like Lee" Nice! You have officially joined the ranks of those who have doubted what Lee can do or will do with regard to his hockey. No one here is attempting to compare his offensive skills to someone like Krieder...

Lee will be play LW for the Islanders, It is a position they are sorely lacking, a size-able power forward who can finish and control the puck in the corners and make plays.

As long as his game is developing and he enjoys the college scene at ND, I would expect he will be their a minimum of three years. All of the ND players take summer classes and most are on pace to finish in 3-1/2 years.

But if he should hit 50............. who knows?
What Lee does at College is his business. Nothing wrong with finishing a degree if that's what he chooses. In terms of hockey development, Lee would be better off in the AHL against better players, playing a faster game. Lee's struggles will come with a faster game, against bigger players.

He's not an offensive dynamo, that's not his game. He's a Matt Martin type of player who has shown more offensive in the NCAA - Martin did score 35 goals in Sarnia at 19.

I'm a Lee fan, I think he's a solid prospect, but even mentioning 50 goals is stupid on the writer's part, help set unfair expectations for Lee and the fan base. He's not that type of player. Even Jonathan Toews only score 20-25 goals in College (mind you, he was 18)

TJ Tynan has offensive flair and will rack up a lot of points - but may not make the NHL.

Gustav Nyquist had 61 pts last year. I saw him in pre-season, talented player...he may also never make the NHL though.

I like Lee - but let's temper expectations.

This reminds me of DiBenedetto expectations when he was close to Tavares in OHL scoring in JT's draft year.

Perspective is a fine thing. It's not always about "I love Lee" or "I hate Lee".

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 09:24 AM
boredmale

Quote:
He's not an offensive dynamo, that's not his game. He's a Matt Martin type of player who has shown more offensive in the NCAA - Martin did score 35 goals in Sarnia at 19.
I think there is a difference between Martin and Lee in terms of offensive. In every league Lee has been in he has been one of the top goal scorers/point getters, while when Martin hit his 35 goals, it was a nice total but nowhere near league leaders in points.

I am not saying Lee will be a top point getter in the NHL but I do think in terms of offensive upside Lee's is more then Martin was/is.

Last edited by boredmale: 11-03-2011 at 10:09 AM.
boredmale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 09:39 AM
Hipster Doofus

Lee is a pure athlete. Martin is a big guy who plays hard. Both play similiar games but Lee should be able to offer more.

Hipster Doofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 11:19 AM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
I think there is a difference between Martin and Lee in terms of offensive. In every league Lee has been in he has been one of the top goal scorers/point getters, while when Martin hit his 35 goals, it was a nice total but nowhere near league leaders in points.

I am not saying Lee will be a top point getter in the NHL but I do think in terms of offensive upside Lee's is more then Martin was/is.
also I think Martin played with Stamkos that year?

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 12:51 PM
leeroggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...k_october2011/

It's still on the front page

leeroggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 01:55 PM
doublechili

vCash: 600
IMO the exciting possibility about Lee is that he's putting up these goals/points and he's 6'3", 227 pounds, and he plays defense. This is not a small, top 6 only kind of prospect. He could potentially be valuable on any line and contribute lots of ways. Kind of like a bigger Czikas.

doublechili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 07:21 PM
Yashin for President

get him signed!! Anything is better than Pandolfo

Yashin for President is offline   Reply With Quote