HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anyone have pics of Lundqvist new pads and helmet?

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2006, 06:35 PM
romba

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to romba
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlfie
so my bad... sue me.
Uhh...Edge? Do we have a case here?

Old
02-07-2006, 07:05 PM
Fire Sather
new Niclas Wallin?

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Lundy has a good group of teamates to help him. He'll be fine.

Old
02-07-2006, 07:24 PM
BigE

I remember the days when it seemed like all of the great goaltenders had a distinctive mask. There was creativity and meaning in each of the designs.

Now it's all garbage if you ask me. Eddie and Cujo are the last few of a dying breed.

**goes and pouts in the corner**

Old
02-07-2006, 08:00 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE
I remember the days when it seemed like all of the great goaltenders had a distinctive mask. There was creativity and meaning in each of the designs.

Now it's all garbage if you ask me. Eddie and Cujo are the last few of a dying breed.

Don't forget Tim Thomas' mask

Old
02-08-2006, 02:44 PM
Greg in MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE

Now it's all garbage if you ask me. EddI the and Cujo are the last few of a dying breed.

I think Richter's Liberty mask spoils a lot of other Ranger goalie masks because it was just so damn good.

And when you step back and think about it, what exactly are you going to put on your mask as a goalie for the Rangers? It's not like there's an actual mascot or theme (no Bear or Senator, per say). So then you're stuck with a city skyline, or an image of a "big apple" (Weekes mask, right? BLARGH.), or the statue of libery. And Ricky already perfected Lady Liberty, so anything even remotely resembling that is going to play second fiddle to his.

I wonder what the various team rules are regarding how the masks are painted? Ie, how much "team" influence needs to be on there and how much of it can be personally styled? For example, ATL's Lehtonen has a few Final Fantasy characters on his, but the irony is he doesn't even play FF, he just saw a commercial for it and thought they looked cool.

Quote:
Lehtonens gear matches. His mask is Thrasher blue. On either side are slim blonde women dressed in shorts and thigh-high boots. OK, not quite the hockey theme.

Its from the Final Fantasy [video] game, he said. Ive never played it. But I saw a couple of commercials about the game and just thought it looked awesome.

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/sha...en_starts.html

Closed Thread