HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

wow, i knew it was bad, but...

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2006, 12:21 PM
Sicilian

vCash: 500
wow, i knew it was bad, but...

i was just browsing some NHL stats and checked out defenseman scoring...

i knew we didn't have any great point men or offensive d-men, but we don't have any one in the top 50 for defenseman scoring! i had no idea it was THAT bad!

not that stats are everything, but it just makes you wonder what kind of team we could be (and what kind of powerplay we could have) if we had a legitimate threat on the blueline.

Old
02-08-2006, 12:24 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

They have been picking it up as of late, Tyutin, Poti and so on wish Kaspar would get one or two

Old
02-08-2006, 12:59 PM
Fletch

Just a thought...

at even strength, perhaps it would be higher, but it seems as though when Jagr's out there, Straka and Nylander touch the puck also, which means they get the two assists, typically. I do agree we could get some more scoring, but I do see that to be the case on several occasions.

Old
02-08-2006, 01:57 PM
Sicilian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
at even strength, perhaps it would be higher, but it seems as though when Jagr's out there, Straka and Nylander touch the puck also, which means they get the two assists, typically. I do agree we could get some more scoring, but I do see that to be the case on several occasions.
good point. i can think of a few occasions where players like poti and roszival will do a great job keeping the puck in at the line and dumping it down low, only to have the forwards cycle it and score. no point on that play for the d-man, but they're still vital to the development of the play.

i guess the most important thing is that we're winning and playing with heart, i just thought it was an interesting stat to note.

Closed Thread