HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

when lappys contract is up do you think he'll stay and work with the flyers?

Old
03-12-2012, 08:42 PM
Intentional Icing
why you little!

vCash: 500
when lappys contract is up do you think he'll stay and work with the flyers?

or do you think he'll move on to another team or go into broadcasting?

i hope he stays

Intentional Icing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 08:49 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5775
I think he'll go into broadcasting, but sounds like he'll stay in the area too. You'll probably see him on NBC eventually.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 08:52 PM
Snipsnap12

I hope he becomes an assistant with the phantoms,....he seems to be good with the young players and would be a good guy to groom our prospects while they are in the AHL

Snipsnap12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 09:10 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by pq View Post
or do you think he'll move on to another team or go into broadcasting?

i hope he stays
I understand he decided to construct his HOME in the Philly Area... to stay here in some capacity after his playing career/(contract) is over. I would assume that he would not go through the trouble and expense without knowing he has a position and one that he wants... I would also assume that it is with the Flyer Organization.

The Flyers are good to their loyal soldiers and work with them when they retire... a perfect example is Hatcher who worked in an unofficial capacity with them until he retired and was given an Official position -- much like this phase of Lappy's LTIR stint -- I also believe, while I can't be positive,that Primeau was approached with an open opportunity that he is not ready/willing to accept due to his ongoing PCS effects and his not wanting to make the next step 100%.

Anyway, it is clear to me that the Organization and fans love Lappy and he loves the Area, Organization and the fans... I believe that is a marriage made in Heaven.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 09:41 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5775
Primeau once accepted a position with the Las Vegas Wranglers of the ECHL, but it only lasted a year, I think the team folded.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 09:48 PM
Readyrock
(・_・;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
I think he'll go into broadcasting, but sounds like he'll stay in the area too. You'll probably see him on NBC eventually.
I'll pray that he takes Bloatsey's job.

Readyrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 10:08 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Primeau once accepted a position with the Las Vegas Wranglers of the ECHL, but it only lasted a year, I think the team folded.
I think that was a limited 'favor' position -- HIS favor -- I think he doesn't want key responsibility at this point... I believe he still has too many bad periods.

I still miss Preems terribly... He's one of my all time favorite athletes and high up there in my Favorite Flyers... Shame his career had to end like it did,same with Lappy; hope Pronger makes it back fully... especially life/family-wise, as I wish for them all.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 10:18 PM
BernieParent

Probably the biggest competitor for Laperriere will be French sports broadcasters. Laperriere has a great on-air personality, and I've seen him being interviewed en francais.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 02:11 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
He'll join Denis Gauthier and Joel "Nice Suit" Bouchard on RDS

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 02:48 PM
Kaktus*

Anyone but Cote.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 04:29 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1481
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Probably the biggest competitor for Laperriere will be French sports broadcasters. Laperriere has a great on-air personality, and I've seen him being interviewed en francais.
He has options. He has been impressed by the Flyers and the concern the team -- typical of the organization -- for one of its former players. Perhaps he will increase his responsibilities in hockey operations.

The other issue is he is not as comfortable speaking English so unless the gap in his confidence is lessened, he would have to opt for a French broadcast if one becomes available and that is his desire.

However, he has said he'd prefer coaching/hockey ops to broadcasting because of the rapport that develops between coach-player.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote