HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Tank baby Habs lose 3-2 OT

Old
03-12-2012, 08:54 PM
MarkovsKnee

vCash: 500
I'm glad that Pacioretty wasn't seriously injured on that shot block. Eller was -3 in this game. Not one of his better efforts.

There are lots of issues with this team, but I still think we can turn it around for next year with a quality coach and a good GM.

One point isn't going to hurt our draft position. Other teams have games in hand on us, and won't lose all their games.

MarkovsKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 08:55 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
lol at people who think the Habs will magically be a great team next year because we tank this year.

don't get me wrong I want to pick in the top 5 too but this team have a lot of holes.
Well, if we kept McDonagh...our D wouldn't be such Swiss cheese.

Madam Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

What a clutch moment for DDH...

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
This. And he played well overall. Made plenty of nice passes. Really encouraging.
Even when Ennis beat him with a sick move, it was good to see the little things like being able to stick that stop, then pivot left and at least make an attempt at a recovery. One thing is obvious, though. As evident as some slight signs of age and lingering injury seem to be, his ability to see and think the game faster and better than many players seems unaffected. Like, at all.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 08:56 PM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blame it on PK View Post
Even with Markov we desperately need a solid top d-man.

Markov - xxxx
Subban - Gorges
Diaz - Emelin
~Kaberle

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 08:57 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Even when Ennis beat him with a sick move, it was good to see the little things like being able to stick that stop, then pivot left and at least make an attempt at a recovery. One thing is obvious, though. As evident as some slight signs of age and lingering injury seem to be, his ability to see and think the game faster and better than many players seems unaffected. Like, at all.
Aside from his passing skill(which also relies a lot of his vision) Markov never depended on being the most agile or best skating defensemen. It was always his hockey sense that made him an elite player.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 08:57 PM
sheed36

Quote:
lol at people who think the Habs will magically be a great team next year because we tank this year.

don't get me wrong I want to pick in the top 5 too but this team have a lot of holes.

I don't see many thinking they will be great next year but getting a potential franchise player certainly can't hurt turn this team around..

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 08:58 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blame it on PK View Post
yeah but we don't have him and we only have 2 top six winger and no first line center. I guess a top 5 draft pick will give us 6 new players next year.

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 08:58 PM
Lebowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Even with Markov we desperately need a solid top d-man.

Markov - xxxx
Subban - Gorges
Diaz - Emelin
~Kaberle
Subban is a solid top defenseman. If anything, we need a good 2nd pair guy, not a N.2.

Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 08:59 PM
Hab-a-maniac

It's all good. We're still 3rd worst. Maybe just 1 point back of the Canes and isles but both of them have a game in hand. And if we pick #3 we can always trade up with Edmonton so they can take a d-man while reaping extra picks! It's all good.

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
I don't see many thinking they will be great next year but getting a potential franchise player certainly can't hurt turn this team around..
people act like losing is cool because we will have a great pick. Thing is we might suck next year and the other after too and we might run our top prospect out of town.

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
PyrettaBlaze*

Pacioretty said the other night that Price is by the far the best and most valuable player on the team... But I guess he doesn't know what he's talking about.

PyrettaBlaze* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix60 View Post
Subban is a solid top defenseman. If anything, we need a good 2nd pair guy, not a N.2.
I was imagining we overpay and get Suter.

Markov - Suter
Subban - Gorges
Diaz - Emelin

looks damn good.

Old
03-12-2012, 09:00 PM
The Doors

God the bottom six is a mess. This team has obliterated it's forward depth in the last year and a half.

Anyways, my favourite part of the game (and for the rest of the season) will just be watching for Markov to be out on the ice and enjoying his play. I know that he was on for both goals against, but I still enjoy watching him move the puck and anticipate plays. A truly cerebral hockey player, can't wait for him to get 4 months of hard workouts and go back to running things next year.

The Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 09:00 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
i don't see many potential superstars in this yrs draft other than maybe Ryan Murray and Nail. The others look like your typical soft europeans. No offense.

Jmac1160* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 09:02 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
Tell that to tsn or any sports media, stats don't mean anything. You really think
with the up coming draft no teams are going to looks at the stats of the players
being drafted

Player's are bought and sold on stats alone, for goalies, the win stat is the most important of all

You do watch and understand hockey, right??
What does Halak's stats in St.Louis have to do with Price's stats in Montreal?

If stats are so important, then I would have to say Elliott is a better goalie than Halak and by your logic you would have to agree.

Also, looking at stats only leads a team to sign players like Ville Leino. So no stats is not everything and should always be analyzed in context, but I don't expect you to comprehend that as many things appear too complex for you to understand.

It's clear you don't understand and watch hockey.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
NotProkofievian

It was certainly a tough night for the general, however, through the rust we still see the player he is and always was.

He made some very keen plays tonight. Can't wait until he's shaken off all that rust.

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sheed36

Quote:
people act like losing is cool because we will have a great pick. Thing is we might suck next year and the other after too and we might run our top prospect out of town.
Or maybe they won't suck next year and the other after that and they won't run the top prospect out of town..

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Lions999

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkovsKnee View Post
I'm glad that Pacioretty wasn't seriously injured on that shot block. Eller was -3 in this game. Not one of his better efforts.

There are lots of issues with this team, but I still think we can turn it around for next year with a quality coach and a good GM.

One point isn't going to hurt our draft position. Other teams have games in hand on us, and won't lose all their games.
That's what happens when u play with Gomez. Can u leave Eller at center RC please.

Lions999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 09:03 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
thanks for proving andy's point

and i can't believe im going to finally use this line: welcome to my ignore list
Didn't you know? If we kept Halak, he'd post those exact stats with our team and if Price was a Blue he'd have the same stats as he does over here.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 09:03 PM
The Doors

Also cool to see Cole crack the 50 points barrier and Desharnais continue to put points on the board.

The Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 09:04 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Aside from his passing skill(which also relies a lot of his vision) Markov never depended on being the most agile or best skating defensemen. It was always his hockey sense that made him an elite player.
Very true, although he was always above par (at worst) in all of those four categories. Hockey sense, vision, and passing can successfully carry great players through adaptation periods, as has been seen countless times. Always a blessing to have a mind that can buy you the time that your body no longer can.

edit: and on a totally unrelated note, even I'm going to say enough with the completely irrelevant Halak stuff already.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 09:04 PM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
It's because he does it well. It's part of the art.
Yet I can't post a simple gif without getting it deleted over and over.

Old
03-12-2012, 09:05 PM
Lebowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
I was imagining we overpay and get Suter.

Markov - Suter
Subban - Gorges
Diaz - Emelin

looks damn good.
Yes, but you could plug Sutter on any team's top 2, so that's kind of irrelevant, especially considering the fact there's a very slim chance, if any chance at all, Sutter comes to Montréal.

I'm fairly confident with our actual squad, to be honest. With a steady stay-at-home type that can log around 20 minutes a night on the bottom 4, I think we'd be set. If we don't sign anybody, then we'll have a problem. You cannot have 4 PMD on a line-up and expect being solid on defense, providing Kaberle is still here next season.

Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 09:07 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
What's so rational about posting halak's stats to critcize Price in a game Price didn't even play?
What's more rational than thinking Halak's win total in St.Louis would be replicated in Montreal if he were still here.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote