HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

top 75 long-term prospects in the world

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-15-2003, 09:29 AM
  #1
Bignasti
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 64
vCash: 500
top 75 long-term prospects in the world

http://www.forecaster.ca/aolcanada/h...s.cgi?notebook

Interesting article. Pouliot at #33 is the only Oiler prospect on the list.

Bignasti is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 09:35 AM
  #2
Boondock Saint
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignasti
http://www.forecaster.ca/aolcanada/h...s.cgi?notebook

Interesting article. Pouliot at #33 is the only Oiler prospect on the list.
I can't believe how much Parise gets over-rated on lists like these.

Boondock Saint is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 09:44 AM
  #3
momentai
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 5,352
vCash: 500
Wow. Fleischmann is pretty high on that list. Brodziak who's having just as good a year gets no mention for some of Fleischmann's success. Guess that's what happens to a late bloomer.

And Ryan Suter is rated pretty damn low. I would put him above both Coburn and Phaneuf IMO.

momentai is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 09:44 AM
  #4
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner
 
Guy Flaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Press Box & on Air
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,227
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Anybody know anything about the forecaster?

All I know is that they've (if it's the same as the guys who put out the Sports Forecaster Mag every fall) picked CGY to finish ahead of Edmonton for like 3 or 4 years staright.

Not sure how reliable these rankings are... Ryan Suter is #40 while Phaneuf is #9 and Coburn is #7??? EVERY person in the know who I have talked to has said Suter is the better of the three.

Not even a mention of Jeff Deslauriers???

Tomas Fleischmann is #21 but Kyle Brodziak doesn't make the list???

No Niinimaki or Rita?

VERY questionable in my opinion.

Guy Flaming is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 09:46 AM
  #5
momentai
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 5,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyF
VERY questionable in my opinion.
To me too. Haha, your comments on Kyle and Suter nearly echo mine. :p

momentai is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 09:49 AM
  #6
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner
 
Guy Flaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Press Box & on Air
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,227
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
To me too. Haha, your comments on Kyle and Suter nearly echo mine. :p
...and check out the times of our posts... great minds thinking alike or what!

Guy Flaming is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 09:50 AM
  #7
momentai
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 5,352
vCash: 500
What about Cam Barker? He's supposed to be the top dman in the draft this upcoming year and could be better than either of Ryan Suter, Dion Phaneuf, or Braydon Coburn. And he's ranked 34th.

And what is Nikolai Zherdev doing at number 3 overall AHEAD OF LEHTONEN?

momentai is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 09:53 AM
  #8
momentai
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 5,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyF
...and check out the times of our posts... great minds thinking alike or what!
A little eerie... but the errors were so blatant on their part, it was hard not to notice. But to be compared to you, what an honor.

momentai is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 11:13 AM
  #9
evman150*
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,457
vCash: 500
My mom could make a better list than that.

Being on the oilers' board, I will start by objecting to the omission of Jeff Drouin-Deslauriers, also Jani Rita. Rita's stock has fallen, but not THAT much. JDD is one of the best goaltending prospects in the world, and I don't see how a guy like Toivonen is rated ahead of him.

The whole list is terrible though, not just for the Oilers. Some guys are missing, and some guys are WAY too high. Zherdev at 3, Parise at 5, Vanek at 8, Babchuk, Perry, Hudler at 11,12,13, Toivonen at 15, LeNeveu, Steen, Anshankov at 17,18,19, Daley, Fleischmann, Mirnov, Kaigorodov, Kronwall, Gervais, Fedorov, Kahnberg (who the hell is this guy?), and Bartschi are all WAY too high. Half those guys don't even belong on the list.

They put Crosby, Ovechkin at 1,2, yet they put Cam Barker at 34? WTF? Where are Malkin and Olesz? Shremp?

Pushkarov, Carter, Harding, Whitney, Koltsov, Perezhogin, Blackburn, Suter, Tjutin, Ouellet, Grebeshkov, Ward, Krajicek, and Lehtonen should all be a lot higher.

Terrible list.


evman150* is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 11:30 AM
  #10
Jamie
Registered User
 
Jamie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 2,540
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by evman150
My mom could make a better list than that.

Being on the oilers' board, I will start by objecting to the omission of Jeff Drouin-Deslauriers, also Jani Rita. Rita's stock has fallen, but not THAT much. JDD is one of the best goaltending prospects in the world, and I don't see how a guy like Toivonen is rated ahead of him.

The whole list is terrible though, not just for the Oilers. Some guys are missing, and some guys are WAY too high. Zherdev at 3, Parise at 5, Vanek at 8, Babchuk, Perry, Hudler at 11,12,13, Toivonen at 15, LeNeveu, Steen, Anshankov at 17,18,19, Daley, Fleischmann, Mirnov, Kaigorodov, Kronwall, Gervais, Fedorov, Kahnberg (who the hell is this guy?), and Bartschi are all WAY too high. Half those guys don't even belong on the list.

They put Crosby, Ovechkin at 1,2, yet they put Cam Barker at 34? WTF? Where are Malkin and Olesz? Shremp?

Pushkarov, Carter, Harding, Whitney, Koltsov, Perezhogin, Blackburn, Suter, Tjutin, Ouellet, Grebeshkov, Ward, Krajicek, and Lehtonen should all be a lot higher.

Terrible list.

I love JDD, but honestly, I'd rather have Toivonen. Normally a very underrated prospect. I got faith in that kid

Jamie is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.