HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will the Habs out-tank Edmonton?

View Poll Results: Will the Habs out-tank Edmonton?
Of course they will, we might even out tank Columbus! 2 1.57%
No the Habs will not out tank Edmonton they are veterans of tanking. 81 63.78%
No, the Habs will not just fail to out-tank Edmonton they will lose their lottery pick. 40 31.50%
Are you kidding? The Habs will make the Playoffs! I STILL BELIEVE!!! MARKOV FTW! 4 3.15%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
03-13-2012, 04:21 AM
HockeyF3ind

vCash: 500
Will the Habs out-tank Edmonton?

With the return of Markov from his seems-like-forever injury I don't think its possible for us to out tank Edmonton. I had hoped that Desharnais would be injured for precisely the rest of the season to balance out the Markov return boost, but alas with DD's quick recovery and emergence this year as a truly impressive NHL talent I think it we are doomed to tank failure, perhaps even at the loss of our lottery pick.

What say you fellow hab fans?

Old
03-13-2012, 04:24 AM
SnapVirus

Nop we wont. I guess we will finish at 4 or 5.

Old
03-13-2012, 05:03 AM
JetsAlternate

If the team keeps winning games or sending games to overtime, we might even drift further from the top pick.

Old
03-13-2012, 05:21 AM
RC51

Molson did not fire PG so the entire season is lost and a waist of time.
The Habs will finish 6-7th from the bottom as other teams dive for the bottom at the last minute while PG tries to save his job at the expense of the Habs draft position. Timmons will be forced to draft good ( maybe) but not great players at the draft will again take the best player available which will be 5 ft 7 at 145 lbs and a future 4th liner.
Habs fans have suffered all year and the only thing to look forward to was the draft, now we got nothing, not a glimmer of hope. Habs will be doomed to lose again next year and for the next 10 years because yet again BAD MANAGEMENT. It starting to look like the Habs are the new Leafs of the 70's 80's 90's 00's. The laughing stock of the NHL.

Old
03-13-2012, 05:34 AM
Corncob

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
Molson did not fire PG so the entire season is lost and a waist of time.
The Habs will finish 6-7th from the bottom as other teams dive for the bottom at the last minute while PG tries to save his job at the expense of the Habs draft position.
Not sure what you think a new GM would be doing differently at this point that would make the team that much worse?

I mean Gauthier fired the coach and appointed a much worse one, then immediately publically undermined his new coach, sending the team into freefall. He even traded for Kaberle! And you still complain that he's not good enough at tanking!?

Old
03-13-2012, 06:02 AM
Cyclones Rock

Watch the reaction to this goal.

You "tankers" have a serious problem. A few significant individuals don't seem to be hip to your plan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9yx7ccUQh4

Last edited by Cyclones Rock: 03-13-2012 at 06:12 AM.
Old
03-13-2012, 06:04 AM
RC51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtacular View Post
Not sure what you think a new GM would be doing differently at this point that would make the team that much worse?

I mean Gauthier fired the coach and appointed a much worse one, then immediately publically undermined his new coach, sending the team into freefall. He even traded for Kaberle! And you still complain that he's not good enough at tanking!?
NO NO, what I am saying is PG is NOT TANKING, he has NOT told his players to " sure look good but LOSE THE GAME"

" look boys the team needs that first top pick at the draft"

PG has done nothing good and as far as I could seem has NOT told the players to dive for the bottom. This is the worst thing to do right now.

Old
03-13-2012, 06:05 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post

You "tankers" have a serious problem

Fixed.

OP, if you had asked me this in August, I would've died from laughter, called you insane and probably laughed some more.

Old
03-13-2012, 06:06 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post

You "tankers" have a serious problem. A few significant individuals don't seem hip to your plan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9yx7ccUQh4
bet some of them are mad at DD now, I mean... he did "cost" us a point...

Old
03-13-2012, 08:23 AM
Habstract

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
bet some of them are mad at DD now, I mean... he did "cost" us a point...

Yes...... What was he THINKING?!?

Old
03-13-2012, 08:43 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Forget the 2nd or 3rd overall pick, we'll be lucky to end up with the 8th overall pick. Depending on whether you follow draft prospects or not, this is bad or good news. This kinda reminds of 2001 when the Habs went on a bit of a run at the end of the season and finished 2 points ahead of Minnesota. They drafted Mikko Koivu 6th overall. We got Mike Komisarek 7th.

Last edited by Watsatheo: 03-13-2012 at 08:48 AM.
Old
03-13-2012, 08:50 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Forget the 2nd or 3rd overall pick, we'll be lucky to end up with the 8th overall pick. Depending on whether you follow draft prospects or not, this is bad or good news. This kinda reminds of 2001 when the Habs went on a bit of a run at the end of the season and finished 2 points ahead of Minnesota. They drafted Mikko Koivu 6th overall. We got Mike Komisarek 7th.
and the people that want us to win now are the people that keep saying, but how come we don't have a forward like that

Old
03-13-2012, 08:50 AM
lamp9post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
NO NO, what I am saying is PG is NOT TANKING, he has NOT told his players to " sure look good but LOSE THE GAME"

" look boys the team needs that first top pick at the draft"

PG has done nothing good and as far as I could seem has NOT told the players to dive for the bottom. This is the worst thing to do right now.
Are you seriously suggesting that is the duty of the GM to go into the dressing room and explicitly tell his players to lose the game?

Old
03-13-2012, 08:53 AM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

We'll pick between #3 and #6 IMO.

Old
03-13-2012, 08:57 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamp9post View Post
Are you seriously suggesting that is the duty of the GM to go into the dressing room and explicitly tell his players to lose the game?
Yes.

Old
03-13-2012, 08:58 AM

Impossible to out-tank Edmonton. Bunch of kids and ****** veterans.

Watch out for Toronto, NYI, Carolina and Minnesota.

Old
03-13-2012, 09:01 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
Impossible to out-tank Edmonton. Bunch of kids and ****** veterans.

Watch out for Toronto, NYI, Carolina and Minnesota.
Just a matter of games before we pass them all

The ones that still want this team to win their last 10 games to finish 9th or 10 will be happy

Old
03-13-2012, 09:04 AM
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012

We need to bench the DD line, put campoli with kaberle as a number 1 pairing and most importantly we need to bench Markov...

Why the hell did he come out of nowhere to destroy operation TANK?

Old
03-13-2012, 09:07 AM
Help
Help Yourself

vCash: 135
I never thought we were capable of a top-2 pick even without Markov

The team is bad, don't get me wrong. But they aren't the 2nd worst team in the league. So, no, I don't believe we will out-tank the Oliers

Old
03-13-2012, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post

The ones that still want this team to win their last 10 games to finish 9th or 10 will be happy
I don't understand those people. Good/great draft pick > 9th place and average draft pick. I put aside all rivalries and wish my team to lose every game this season and this doesn't make me a fake fan. Games are still entertaining for me to watch.

Old
03-13-2012, 09:14 AM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

There are lots of good prospects outside of the Top-5. I really like Gaunce (who I've seen a lot of this year) and also think Ceci looks like a good prospect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post

I will be happy. It means our team doesn't quit and doesn't give up. If there's one thing you don't want to teach a young team, it's to give up or not care.

We have so many young players on this roster, we were bound to have a bad year eventually.

Pacioretty, Desharnais, Eller, Diaz, Emelin, Weber, Subban, Geoffrion, Leblanc, White, Palushaj, Engqvist - I'm probably forgetting a few as well - are all guys who had no-to-minimal NHL experience coming into this season. Add in Gomez who looks like he's never had NHL experience before and missing our #1 defenseman and #1 goal scorer from last year and it's easy to see why were are near the bottom.

If you try to tell me with Markov and Gionta this year, we aren't, at the very least, 12 points better than we are now, I won't believe you. And 12-points is being generous. With those guys are a Top-6 team in the East.

Old
03-13-2012, 09:23 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
There are lots of good prospects outside of the Top-5. I really like Gaunce (who I've seen a lot of this year) and also think Ceci looks like a good prospect.

I will be happy. It means our team doesn't quit and doesn't give up. If there's one thing you don't want to teach a young team, it's to give up or not care.

We have so many young players on this roster, we were bound to have a bad year eventually.

Pacioretty, Desharnais, Eller, Diaz, Emelin, Weber, Subban, Geoffrion, Leblanc, White, Palushaj, Engqvist - I'm probably forgetting a few as well - are all guys who had no-to-minimal NHL experience coming into this season. Add in Gomez who looks like he's never had NHL experience before and missing our #1 defenseman and #1 goal scorer from last year and it's easy to see why were are near the bottom.

If you try to tell me with Markov and Gionta this year, we aren't, at the very least, 12 points better than we are now, I won't believe you. And 12-points is being generous. With those guys are a Top-6 team in the East.
The need of a top notch forward/center is crucial to this team, we don't fix that problem we fight for 8th, again year after year. We have had a horrible season, why win now with 10 games left. If they didn't want to quit they should have though about it in January

Old
03-13-2012, 09:30 AM
lamp9post

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Yes.
hahahahahahahah.....heehee......ohh dear.......I'm laughing in your face.

edit: you do realize that would mean the GM would have 23 trade requests to deal with at the end of the season? I think keeping Subban, Price, Pac, etc. are worth a 2-3 draft slots.

Old
03-13-2012, 09:31 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

They will be stupid enough to go on a winning streak and lose out on a very rare chance at a lottery pick...

Old
03-13-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamp9post View Post
hahahahahahahah.....heehee......ohh dear.......I'm laughing in your face.

edit: you do realize that would mean the GM would have 23 trade requests to deal with at the end of the season? I think keeping Subban, Price, Pac, etc. are worth a 2-3 draft slots.
I don't think he's serious.

Closed Thread