HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers fan visiting NYC in December

Old
03-13-2012, 07:18 AM
blueshirtbolt

vCash: 500
Rangers fan visiting NYC in December

hoping to catch a game, I know they play the Isles boxing day. Are tickets easy enough to come by? (stubhub etc) do they rotate who the home team is each year?

also is there anyone that has any recommendations for what to do over the Christmas period that might be remotely hockey related?

also looking a good hockey bar in brooklyn. staying in bay ridge with family

thanks!!

blueshirtbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 07:31 AM
FultonReed
ew, you did what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshirtbolt View Post
hoping to catch a game, I know they play the Isles boxing day. Are tickets easy enough to come by? (stubhub etc) do they rotate who the home team is each year?

also is there anyone that has any recommendations for what to do over the Christmas period that might be remotely hockey related?

also looking a good hockey bar in brooklyn. staying in bay ridge with family

thanks!!
tickets might be a bit more expensive next season. i'm not entirely sure...you'd be better off hearing that from a season ticket holder. but tickets are virtually easy to come by, yeah. i wouldn't start looking until the schedule for next season is released, though.

EDIT: try Kettle Black in Bay Ridge. i heard they have amazing wings. and also from what i hear, they show hockey games.

Last edited by FultonReed: 03-13-2012 at 08:39 AM.
FultonReed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 07:57 AM
redfzn

Tickets aren't hard to come by on Stubhub, the TicketExchange or even right on this board, though as previously stated, they might not come cheap with the teams recent success and arena renovations.

NYC isn't a big hockey town but you can always hit up Wollman Rink in Central Park or The Pond at Bryant Park for some casual outdoor ice skating.

Not sure what goes down at Chelsea Piers as I've only been down there once, many years ago, but that might be worth checking out as well.

There are plenty of things to do in the City (and Brooklyn)- endless restaurants, bars, art shows and all kinds of events at all hours of the day.

Last edited by redfzn: 03-13-2012 at 10:21 AM.
redfzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 08:24 AM
blueshirtbolt

money isn't a problem. it's one game so i'll pay whatever is needed for a good seat. will also have to take in a tour of the new yankee stadium. anyone ever been on it?

blueshirtbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 09:18 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshirtbolt View Post
money isn't a problem. it's one game so i'll pay whatever is needed for a good seat. will also have to take in a tour of the new yankee stadium. anyone ever been on it?
I went on the tour last year, really enjoyed it. Not sure if it runs in December, though.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 09:23 AM
Onion Boy

I went on a tour of the new Yankee stadium back in early January 2010. I guess because it was shortly after Christmas they gave us free hats.

Onion Boy is offline   Reply With Quote