HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Detroit @ Nashville 7:00 - Coming Soon to a Playoffs Near You?

Old
03-10-2012, 11:14 PM
Qui Gon Dave

vCash: 500
Great job by the Preds tonight. They weren't without a couple of issues but the special teams came up big, they were pretty darn solid at even strength, your best players played as they should and when things got tight and players might panic or make mistakes, the team was strong enough to hold on and get the result. Against a quality team that is a big rival no less. Down the stretch, that's gotta be a big boost for confidence. All in all, a good night for Nashville

It was also fantastic to see the brothers show their chemistry on the PP, couple of beautiful goals. As sad as it is to see Andrei on another team, it's great to see him given a chance by a team that actually wants him to play to his strengths. Seeing the brothers playing well in important roles on the Preds, it's kinda like the Habs are losers on some gameshow and Poile (and his glamerous assistant Trotz) are showing us what we could have won. Disappointing for Habs fans but still good to see the Preds and the brothers combine well to benefit each other.

And if anyone is looking for a name for the 2nd PP unit, with two t*ts and a Leg-wand, may I suggest the Pinky and Perky line.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 11:15 PM
NoNecksCurse

another even strength goal scored against us with the mighty weber and suter on the ice as well..

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 11:17 PM
cleangene

Special night at the Bridge. SOMETHING has to be done about those lapses after Preds score that jerk any momentum out of our goals. Forget Rads, I'm excited about whenever Kleiner returns; btw, anybody know when that might take place? For the Habs fans...THANK YOU THANK YOU (OR MERCI BEAUCOUP). You please enjoy Bam Bam Geoffrion, though, and congrats to him scoring goal #1 for the RED, WHITE, AND BLUE.

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 11:47 PM
uocooco

Give us Radulov, we gave u twins

uocooco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 12:16 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

What fun that was tonight! Peks let in a weak first goal and I thought the Preds for sure could've been up 4-1 after the 2nd. Oh well. Big win either way. Love sending their fans away with no points.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 12:40 AM
Predsboro

Fun game tonight ... always awesome to send the Red tide home with a loss. Was very disappointed so many in 108 gave up their seats but overall we actually had a good group of Red Wing fans sitting around us. No boorish behavior ... no spilled beer. Of course it helped that we played with the lead most of the night; that kept them a little quieter.

- got a laugh overhearing the guys sitting behind me pregame. They were discussing how great Weber and Suter were going to look wearing Red Wing colors soon. If wishes were horses ...

- also got a question about the catfish. I explained that it really comes from the Catfish Out of Water Art contest and the importance of the Cumberland River in the history of Nashville ... and that it kind of became our version of the octopus. He told me "it's nothing like the octopus" and "we realize you are just mocking us." Come on dude ... it's not all about Detroit.

- AK46's first PP goal was a thing of beauty. One of the prettiest PP goals we've seen in Nashville. It was a goal scorer's goal ... dude has a great pair of hands. His second wasn't that shabby either; but give some due to SK74 as well ... great look and pass.

- Legwand again turns in another beauty vs. Detroit ... assists on all three markers

- the second PP unit of Legwand and the brothers was a joy to watch ... DL11 anyone? Or maybe David Kostitsyn? lol

- Radulov, Radulov, Radulov ... hate to get my hopes up again, but there seems to be a lot of smoke ...

- always a good night when we beat the Wings ... now if the Blues would cool a bit

Predsboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 12:53 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
As hard as it is to be downbeat about a win over the wings, we have some serious kinks to work out if we intend to beat these guys in a 7 game series, especially if they have home ice...

we eked out a win on our ice playing against their backup goalie with their best forward out of the game and them on the second of BTB's

we absolutely must stop this stupid crap of giving up a goal the next shift after we score one... momentum is huge in the playoffs and that is the ultimate momentum killer..

Rinne is amazing many many times but as the old maxim goes: One "Aw****" negates all accumulated "attaboys"... he has to stop letting in one softie per game..

Faceoffs...... we finally won a couple defensive zone face-offs in the last minute but for the rest of the game it always seemed when we had the momentum and we forced a face-off in detroit's end we would lose the face-off and all momentum went away...

all that said.. if we can keep scoring 3 goals or more every game, we will win a lot more the we lose....

oh, and Wilson sure looked like he doesn't want to be scratched again.... ever... exactly the reaction we were hoping for

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 01:06 AM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsboro View Post
Fun game tonight ... always awesome to send the Red tide home with a loss. Was very disappointed so many in 108 gave up their seats but overall we actually had a good group of Red Wing fans sitting around us. No boorish behavior ... no spilled beer. Of course it helped that we played with the lead most of the night; that kept them a little quieter.
Not so much in my section. Jackass red wing threw a can of beer into the lower bowl from the 200 level and hit a lady in the head. Last I saw she was taken to a first aid station. Gotta love drunk idiots.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 01:16 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
As hard as it is to be downbeat about a win over the wings, we have some serious kinks to work out if we intend to beat these guys in a 7 game series, especially if they have home ice...

we eked out a win on our ice playing against their backup goalie with their best forward out of the game and them on the second of BTB's

we absolutely must stop this stupid crap of giving up a goal the next shift after we score one... momentum is huge in the playoffs and that is the ultimate momentum killer..

Rinne is amazing many many times but as the old maxim goes: One "Aw****" negates all accumulated "attaboys"... he has to stop letting in one softie per game..

Faceoffs...... we finally won a couple defensive zone face-offs in the last minute but for the rest of the game it always seemed when we had the momentum and we forced a face-off in detroit's end we would lose the face-off and all momentum went away...

all that said.. if we can keep scoring 3 goals or more every game, we will win a lot more the we lose....

oh, and Wilson sure looked like he doesn't want to be scratched again.... ever... exactly the reaction we were hoping for
He was playing hard, but he also had a terrible giveaway about three feet outside of our zone that led to a couple of very good chances. He was trying to force a pass that I could tell wasn't open from my living room. I would imagine those are the types of plays Trotz is trying to beat out of him. He did have a pretty good game, though.

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 01:23 AM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

So it's been a few games....

How has Gaustad looked? Give me your best unbiased opinion. Thanks!

Good luck in the playoffs

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 03:26 AM
wadesworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
So it's been a few games....

How has Gaustad looked? Give me your best unbiased opinion. Thanks!

Good luck in the playoffs
Looks good. Winning a lot of tough face-offs. Certainly no offensive superstar, but he's an upgrade over Smithson for sure. Glad he's on our team.

wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 07:13 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsboro View Post
- AK46's first PP goal was a thing of beauty. One of the prettiest PP goals we've seen in Nashville. It was a goal scorer's goal ... dude has a great pair of hands. His second wasn't that shabby either; but give some due to SK74 as well ... great look and pass.
As good as knowing where Andrei was and making that touch pass were, watching him read the play and moving out from the crease into the open space and drawing the checker towards him was even better IMO. Simply perfect, the goal may not get scored if he doesn't do that. The movement opens him up for the pass, helps him link up the play to get the puck to the net in a controlled manner for AK and also draws the one person who might be able to defend the play away from the net, giving Andrei the time and space to make that move. Exceptional stuff from little brother

As for the finish, Andrei scored pretty much that exact same goal against Brodeur for the Habs a bit over a month ago. Only difference was Marty went for the poke check when Andrei received the puck but AK spun away from it to slide it in. Otherwise, same position, same finish.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 09:31 AM
Keeptdos

vCash: 140
Don't have even a doubt that Preds could lose this one. Just check Detroit's injury list.

Keeptdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 11:49 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

The one from the behind the net? I like that play. Throw it in front and hope for a good bounce. He was being pressured and really needed to make a quick play. IMHO that's always a good play from that position. You have to take risk to score.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 12:25 PM
Jarnberg

I'll take the win but the Predators have to be a bit upset with not winning that one more convincing. Detroit was on the second night of a back to back and was missing a ton of key guys. Yet we barely pulled it out.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 01:04 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

That's seriously Hornqvist's first ever goal vs. the Wings?

headsigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 01:56 PM
Biggun35
Bender

Anyone have video of Stuart's "interference" penalty in the 3rd?

Looked like it was a hit to head, not sure how they got interference out of it.

Biggun35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 02:11 PM
PredsChik

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiralyPred View Post
I follow the Preds Official Facebook page and guessed correctly the first goal contest. For the second time in a row...... Ahhh Yeahhh!!! Anybody else play??
I guessed Suter with the first goal against Dallas last year and won a tshirt.

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 02:14 PM
PredsChik

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhouk View Post
We need a (clean) name for that AK-DL-SK line...
Not clean in the least but my sister decided they were the drag queen line. :-/

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 02:40 PM
BourqueBourqueBork

A pair of t*ts is so much better than just one. Nice to see that we're seeing more Leg as well.

BourqueBourqueBork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 08:45 AM
gratefulpred
Thread Killer

Had to watch this one in the hotel bar in Lexington, KY. Nothing like being the only guy (in a jersey no less) watching the game, unless you count to slobbering drunk guy from Canada two seats down. Great game, wish I could have been at the Bridge!

gratefulpred is offline   Reply With Quote