HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Any update on Sauer in the last month? (Sather: May not be back this year)

Old
03-01-2012, 12:22 AM
bobbop
Henrik & Pop

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SML View Post
If you go to the Phoenix board, you can find a story about the hell his brother is going through. No need to rush him back, hockey is secondary for Sauer.
I posted the links in the other Sauer injury thread. Kurt does not have PCS...he has a whiplash injury. I've seen him at the rink twice recently with his family. One of his sons has a Rangers/Sauer jersey (so do I) which is how I was able to talk to the family. Fortunately he has located a treatment (that other players are using) that has greatly helped his condition. The injuries are completely different. The player I heard who had the injury closest to what Kurt has is Jason Allison.

I think we hope for the best here and if Mike does get back this year, it's a real bonus. Not every player coming back from concussion has on-ice issues. He might still be able to contribute this year. And no reason to believe his career is over and to speculate on the worst case.

All things in due time.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 04:59 PM
Leetch66

Thanks for the great info Bob !

Leetch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 07:21 PM
SML

I should have clarified. Even though his brother doesn't have PCS, seeing a family member struggle to to even little normal things would be enough for me to make 100 percent sure I was back intact and not risk further injury. My mistake.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 09:25 AM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Talk about a forgotten guy...would be huge if he was playing considering our recent defensive lapses

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 10:07 AM
bobbop
Henrik & Pop

I asked Gross yesterday about his chances of return this yer and he replied "slim to none".

Not good.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 10:12 AM
Mrpuck

Let him heal, and come back next season hopefully for camp.
I for one am glad they are not rushing these guys back into the lineup. They took their time with Staal and it's paid off, I can't even imagine where we'd be right now had he not come back the way he did.

Mrpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 10:12 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

It's rapidly approaching a point where, even if he is healthy, it would be a better option to just wait until next year. It's going to take at least 10 games to get him back to some semblance of what he was and, truthfully, teams just can't afford to do that this time of year.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 03:30 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
It's rapidly approaching a point where, even if he is healthy, it would be a better option to just wait until next year. It's going to take at least 10 games to get him back to some semblance of what he was and, truthfully, teams just can't afford to do that this time of year.
Yeah, but if he is about to return, I am not sure he will "struggle" as much as Staal. Sauer has been through these type of things before and knows what it is about.

With Staal there basically seem to be tough for him to trust himself.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 02:32 AM
Fanned On It

What's the deal with Sauer?

Hey guys, this is my first season really following the Rangers closely and I was wondering if there's any time frame for Sauer's return. I know he suffered an obviously bad concussion, so what's his status now? I'm assuming he's still feeling symptoms... but is he playing any hockey at all? Working out? Or are we completely in the dark here?

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 03:24 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

No information. Nothing good at least. I wouldn't expect him back this year. Hopefully he'll be here next year.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote