HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Nashville @ Phoenix 9:00 - K Bros Hit the Desert

Closed Thread

Old
03-13-2012, 12:08 AM
predfan24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
Ok. I give our boys a bit of slack.
3 of their goals were lucky bounces.

And Gill suck tonight bad.
I don't think it's a coincidence that he looked not so great the one night Josi is out. No offense to Boullion because Cube had a good game(Also thought Hillen played pretty well too) but Gill needs to be paired with a puck mover and a good skater to be at his best. I saw Gill skating back for the puck and handling the puck way more tonight than I ever want to see. When Gill has played his best the last few years is when he has been paired with a young slick smooth skating puck moving defenseman(Subban,Josi). Hopefully Josi's injury is nothing serious.

Old
03-13-2012, 12:15 AM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
Does anyone realize that we were:

A) Playing a team that is absolutely clawing to just play in the playoffs
B) We were on the road

This game meant a lot to the Preds for home advantage in the playoffs, but it meant about 10x more to the Yotes. And we were on the road. Playoff hungry teams are lethal, and we pulled it out tonight. Yes, a regulation win would have been nice but they also missed a wide open net (hit the post) in the first that would have ended the game in favor of the Yotes in regulation had it gone it.

Take the win and leave it at that.
I'm just analyzing the game and the team. What your saying we should do is equivalent to closing our eyes and covering our ears and pretending we don't see the good AND the bad. I already stated multiple times that this team is great on paper but paper doesn't win championships. They won tonight on talent alone. You know what other teams often won on talent alone and never took care of their underlying issues? The 05-06 and 06-07 Preds.

Everyone knows this team is good but if they don't play smarter with puck and don't show a higher level of commitment on the defensive side of the puck consistently they will get bounced 1st or 2nd round I promise you.

Old
03-13-2012, 12:15 AM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
I don't think it's a coincidence that he looked not so great the one night Josi is out. No offense to Boullion because Cube had a good game(Also thought Hillen played pretty well too) but Gill needs to be paired with a puck mover and a good skater to be at his best. I saw Gill skating back for the puck and handling the puck way more tonight than I ever want to see. When Gill has played his best the last few years is when he has been paired with a young slick smooth skating puck moving defenseman(Subban,Josi). Hopefully Josi's injury is nothing serious.
Trotz will need to shield Gill from trouble at even strength for the rest of the season. The game changes in the playoffs. You'll appreciate him then.

Old
03-13-2012, 12:17 AM
Qui Gon Dave

I watch brother pass nice puck, I shoot, score puck, hehehe

An entertaining but at times frustrating game to watch but the result is the thing that matters. Another two points banked in a hard fought game that both teams struggled to take/keep hold of. Although overall performance may be an issue over the past two games, if they were part of a post season series, you'd be half way there right now without having played your best, which would be somewhat ominous for other teams.

Next game is on Thursday so the Preds can take the positive result from this and work on the negatives in training until then.

Old
03-13-2012, 12:20 AM
klt2001

Even though Weber and Suter haven't looked sharp/been on fire for a while like we are used to, think of what our defense would look like w/ them not in the game. Even more scary if that is possible.

Last edited by klt2001: 03-13-2012 at 12:33 AM.
Old
03-13-2012, 12:21 AM
wadesworld

Quote:
How, in any concept of the term, are we coasting to the playoffs? We're 7-2-1 in our last 10. I think the Preds have done fantastic work lately.
Giving up two goal leads because you can't breakout of your zone is coasting. Or not paying attention. Or poor effort. Or poor communication. Whatever you want to call it.

I'm NOT saying we're awful. I'm saying we have to be better.

And I say that simply because I'm not satisfied with 5th or 4th. I want to win the division.

Old
03-13-2012, 12:29 AM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesworld View Post
Giving up two goal leads because you can't breakout of your zone is coasting. Or not paying attention. Or poor effort. Or poor communication. Whatever you want to call it.

And I say that simply because I'm not satisfied with 5th or 4th. I want to win the division.
We will not, sorry. Just the matter of fact

If we win next one, we will be 6 point behind Blues, and blues would need to lose 4 more games they us out of 12.

At best I ll take us with 2 losses in last 12, Blues will need to drop 6 out of 12. Not happening.

Sorry just simple math.

Old
03-13-2012, 12:29 AM
klt2001

Quote:

I agree. They need to be better on both ends of the ice......be a well rounded team. But I'm happy to come out w/ the win tonight though to put us closer to Detroit.

Last edited by klt2001: 03-13-2012 at 12:42 AM.
Old
03-13-2012, 12:33 AM
wadesworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
We will not, sorry. Just the matter of fact

If we win next one, we will be 6 point behind Blues, and blues would need to lose 4 more games they us out of 12.

At best I ll take us with 2 losses in last 12, Blues will need to drop 6 out of 12. Not happening.

Sorry just simple math.
I realize the chances are slim to none. But that doesn't mean it's impossible and I'm not conceding anything yet.

Say tonight was the first night of 5-game win streak for Nashville. And tomorrow is the first night of a 5-game skid for the Blues. We'd be tied and would only have to get one more point than the Blues the rest of the way.

Likely? Heck no - not the way the Blues have been playing. But it's not impossible so I'm going to keep hoping and cheering until it is mathematically impossible. I hope and pray our players have the same attitude.

Old
03-13-2012, 12:36 AM
tserberis*

Quote:
I realize the chances are slim to none. But that doesn't mean it's impossible and I'm not conceding anything yet.

Say tonight was the first night of 5-game win streak for Nashville. And tomorrow is the first night of a 5-game skid for the Blues. We'd be tied and would only have to get one more point than the Blues the rest of the way.

Likely? Heck no - not the way the Blues have been playing. But it's not impossible so I'm going to keep hoping and cheering until it is mathematically impossible. I hope and pray our players have the same attitude.

Ok. But I think our coaching stuff needs to start to work on Detriot match up.

Old
03-13-2012, 12:39 AM
cleangene

I think the Predators coaching staff needs to start work on the Predators.

Old
03-13-2012, 12:41 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Erat now tied for 52 in the league in scoring, 1 point out of the top 50.

Old
03-13-2012, 12:56 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

We missed Klein and Josi. Can't wait to get them back. Probably keeping Klein out as a precaution because we need him fully healed for the playoffs.

However, who needs defense when you have this kind of offense?

Old
03-13-2012, 12:57 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

vCash: 1225
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
I'm just analyzing the game and the team. What your saying we should do is equivalent to closing our eyes and covering our ears and pretending we don't see the good AND the bad. I already stated multiple times that this team is great on paper but paper doesn't win championships. They won tonight on talent alone. You know what other teams often won on talent alone and never took care of their underlying issues? The 05-06 and 06-07 Preds.

Everyone knows this team is good but if they don't play smarter with puck and don't show a higher level of commitment on the defensive side of the puck consistently they will get bounced 1st or 2nd round I promise you.
We are not great on paper! We are great in reality; that is why many fans of other teams love us. This team is fine and can handle anyone; you are extrapolating this game to the playoffs. We have played pretty darn well in the last 10; you cannot win nor dominate every single GD game. The expectations here are absurd.

Old
03-13-2012, 01:02 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

We rarely dominate games. That is the problem.

Old
03-13-2012, 01:55 AM
klt2001

It's called reverse psychology. Maybe if we say they suck long enough, they will continue winning games For example, we said Smith sucked in the last game thread and needed to be bench then maybe he would score and today he scored on a breakaway We said how our SO sucks and then they score in the SO. Seems to be working if you ask me

Last edited by klt2001: 03-13-2012 at 02:17 AM.
Old
03-13-2012, 02:20 AM
klt2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orca Smash View Post
I dont follow these teams incredibly close although it is a much more entertaining game then i thought it would be, but i have to ask... I feel rinne is one of the best in the league, but do you guys ever give him a night off?

I thought the flames rode kipper to hard, but i have no clue who your back up is or if i even seen him this year. Does it concern you guys if you go deep into the playoffs, which I think has a good chance of happening.
We use Rinne for most of our games but ever so often we have the backup goalie, Lindback, in for a game to give Peks a break/rest.

Old
03-13-2012, 02:53 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Does anyone realize that we were:

A) Playing a team that is absolutely clawing to just play in the playoffs
B) We were on the road

This game meant a lot to the Preds for home advantage in the playoffs, but it meant about 10x more to the Yotes. And we were on the road. Playoff hungry teams are lethal, and we pulled it out tonight. Yes, a regulation win would have been nice but they also missed a wide open net (hit the post) in the first that would have ended the game in favor of the Yotes in regulation had it gone it.

Take the win and leave it at that.
This. It may have not been dominant, and giving up the goals sucked, but it's yet another W and 2 pts. closer to DET.

Go Preds!!!

Old
03-13-2012, 06:40 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by klt2001 View Post
It's called reverse psychology. Maybe if we say they suck long enough, they will continue winning games For example, we said Smith sucked in the last game thread and needed to be bench then maybe he would score and today he scored on a breakaway We said how our SO sucks and then they score in the SO. Seems to be working if you ask me
Be very careful... Negative Mojo is a powerful but dangerous tool. It should only be used by professionals

Old
03-13-2012, 08:19 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
dunno what kinda math they teach where you go to school but 21/8 is more like 2.65...

but math aside it just seems like our defense isn't as smooth/settled/comfortable sine he's gone down...
Math was never my spade.

Regardless, I don't see much of a difference in the games I have caught. It always seems like one pairing is lacking in play on any given night regardless of who is in the lineup. That is pretty normal for any team though and isn't that big of a deal.

What IS a big deal is the defense failing to clear the puck down the ice. That has to chance and quickly. That is why we need Josi back.

Old
03-13-2012, 08:48 AM
analogkid
Thread Killer

Nothing like getting in from a five hour roadie top catch the 3rd period of a game. Saw the Smith goal and thought it was going to be puppies and flowers from then on only to see the boys turn up the suck knob. Two points is two points but Da-yum!

Old
03-13-2012, 09:14 AM
VFL615*

Lets be sure to bench Smith because he shows a lot of promise but does not produce. Good job Smith on someone from the team finally scoring on a breakaway. Also nice back checking on D you made some nice defensive plays tonight.

Old
03-13-2012, 09:16 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Not only do players play better after leaving the Habs, they start scoring in the shootout.

Old
03-13-2012, 09:32 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
Lets be sure to bench Smith because he shows a lot of promise but does not produce. Good job Smith on someone from the team finally scoring on a breakaway. Also nice back checking on D you made some nice defensive plays tonight.
Imagine that... a young player gets benched and responds by stepping up his game...

sounds like a brilliant coaching move, as it seems to have helped both Smith and Wilson...

with the talent we have on this team now, nobody is "owed" a spot in the lineup every night... and knowing that there is competition for the slot they are in should be just the thing to keep those players hungry and working hard every shift, which is exactly what we need heading down the stretch...

Old
03-13-2012, 09:58 AM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Imagine that... a young player gets benched and responds by stepping up his game...

sounds like a brilliant coaching move, as it seems to have helped both Smith and Wilson...

with the talent we have on this team now, nobody is "owed" a spot in the lineup every night... and knowing that there is competition for the slot they are in should be just the thing to keep those players hungry and working hard every shift, which is exactly what we need heading down the stretch...
Him sitting out would not have made him play any differently. He plays hard everytime i watch him. (which is every game). He probably sat out for rest issues not to be "benched".
Sure sitting out for a rest is needed but the belief he needs to ride the pine because he sucks and others like Spaling and Halischuk are better according to some preds fans is simply humiliating for others in the fan base.

Closed Thread