HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Get Well Soon Card for Mike Sauer

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-13-2012, 08:43 AM
  #1
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,214
vCash: 500
Get Well Soon Card for Mike Sauer

Hey guys, I had an idea the other day about possibly getting a card made up and sending it to Mike, I know it sounds cheesy but many players say that during their time with their concussion they often feel lost and alone. I was just thinking how nice it would be if we could all somehow sign/put our names on the card with a message saying get well soon, etc. as this seems to be a longer term injury.

I wouldn't mind getting the card and mailing it or whatever but would anyone like to throw out some ideas?

I didn't want to make a new thread but if people think this is a good idea I will move it.

Just a way for the players to know they are more than just meat and that we still care about their well being and maybe, in the long-run it helps them consider staying here and staying a part of the Ranger family?

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
03-13-2012, 09:06 AM
  #2
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,371
vCash: 500
Get Well Soon Card

I love that idea.

Callagraves is offline  
Old
03-13-2012, 09:13 AM
  #3
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,152
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Hey guys, I had an idea the other day about possibly getting a card made up and sending it to Mike, I know it sounds cheesy but many players say that during their time with their concussion they often feel lost and alone. I was just thinking how nice it would be if we could all somehow sign/put our names on the card with a message saying get well soon, etc. as this seems to be a longer term injury.

I wouldn't mind getting the card and mailing it or whatever but would anyone like to throw out some ideas?

I didn't want to make a new thread but if people think this is a good idea I will move it.

Just a way for the players to know they are more than just meat and that we still care about their well being and maybe, in the long-run it helps them consider staying here and staying a part of the Ranger family?
Great idea.

Actually arranging a way to do it with physical signatures may be difficult. If you don't mind getting the card, however, what we could do is simply prepare a list with the names of every HF user who posts in this thread (or the separate one you create). Then, you could copy/paste that list onto (a) page(s) you insert in the card. I would also suggest including the link so he can actually read (and verify) the original responses.

That just leaves figuring out a way to get it into his hands. It's fairly apparent that there are some folks on this forum that have ties to MSG. Perhaps if one of them could PM you? Alternatively, you could also contact whatever outlet MSG has for PR inquiries - or even contact one of the beat writers to get his help (after all, it would make a nice story).

In any event, add my name to the list - get well soon, Mike!

BrooklynRangersFan is offline  
Old
03-13-2012, 09:18 AM
  #4
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Great idea.

Actually arranging a way to do it with physical signatures may be difficult. If you don't mind getting the card, however, what we could do is simply prepare a list with the names of every HF user who posts in this thread (or the separate one you create). Then, you could copy/paste that list onto (a) page(s) you insert in the card. I would also suggest including the link so he can actually read (and verify) the original responses.

That just leaves figuring out a way to get it into his hands. It's fairly apparent that there are some folks on this forum that have ties to MSG. Perhaps if one of them could PM you? Alternatively, you could also contact whatever outlet MSG has for PR inquiries - or even contact one of the beat writers to get his help (after all, it would make a nice story).

In any event, add my name to the list - get well soon, Mike!
That was my thinking as well. I'll make a new thread and I will start to keep track of a list. For anyone who wants to add their real name just PM me or reply in the thread and I will add it to the paper.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
03-13-2012, 09:18 AM
  #5
jacko23
KCCO!
 
jacko23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Greensboro, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 554
vCash: 500
yeah put my name on that list too!

jacko23 is offline  
Old
03-13-2012, 09:20 AM
  #6
Onion Boy
Registered User
 
Onion Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: Japan
Posts: 2,676
vCash: 500
I'm in!

Onion Boy is offline  
Old
03-13-2012, 09:22 AM
  #7
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨
 
Kane One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 27,536
vCash: 2960
Cool.

Add my name Parker Rappaport.

It must be awkward for Staal when he finds out about this since he didn't get a card.

__________________
Kane One is online now  
Old
03-13-2012, 09:22 AM
  #8
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers
 
Ih8theislanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bronx,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,444
vCash: 500
I'll sign for sure. As for getting it into his hands, several people here go to MSG before games often to see the players. Players with major injuries like his don't go to the games too often, but someone could ask a player to give it to him, although I can't be positive if he'll actually receive it.

Ih8theislanders is offline  
Old
03-13-2012, 09:25 AM
  #9
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,780
vCash: 500
His agent is Ben Hankinson. He is on twitter. You can find his contact info on the NHLPA site. Mike is probably home in Minnesota. There haven't been any Sauer sightings in nearly 2 months. Hankinson is based in Minnesota. He has also has McDonagh,Bickel and Scott as clients.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
03-13-2012, 09:26 AM
  #10
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨
 
Kane One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 27,536
vCash: 2960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
I'll sign for sure. As for getting it into his hands, several people here go to MSG before games often to see the players. Players with major injuries like his don't go to the games too often, but someone could ask a player to give it to him, although I can't be positive if he'll actually receive it.
This is probably the best way. Maybe whoever gives him the card should create an account for him and give him the info just to reply to us here if he gets it? That would be awesome.

Edit - Second best way.

Kane One is online now  
Old
03-13-2012, 09:31 AM
  #11
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,214
vCash: 500
I'll try and keep track of everyone in a table like this. If you want to leave a message just post it in here and you can either PM me or reply with a name and I will update this chart. If you don't see your name, just remind me.

Thanks guys!


NYR Boyler87 - Matt Demers - Get well soon Mike, we look forward to seeing you back out on The Garden ice wearing a Blueshirt

kaneone - Parker Rappaport

Onion Boy

Ih8theislanders

jacko23

BrooklynRangersFan - Get well soon Mike!

callagraves

Cruxial

Hightide85 - Wes D. - Get well soon Michael!

McSauer - Come back soon, Michael! We need you!

Alexander Brolov - John T.

Everyday Im Hagelin - Jamy Baron

Poozer - Nick F.

Original Blue - Tyler G. - Can't wait to see you in the Bruisin' Blue!!!!

NickyFotiu - Mike I thought you were the best Dman on the team last season. Take your time and get your health back to 100%. That is what is most important.

redfzn - Brian P. - Mike, you are missed back there. Can't wait for you to get back and handle the business!

NYRKindms - Mike D. - We miss you on the blueline, get well soon

HatTrick Swayze - Justin K - get well soon mike, miss watching you out there

NYR Wolf - Patrick K. - Don't rush back, your health is the most important thing. Take care, man.

KingWantsCup - Chris N. - Get well soon Mike! Your absence has not gone unnoticed with us fans.

Mkhizgilov - Michael Khizgilov- Get well soon Mike!! We all miss you!

Dfine06 - David F.

AdamBanks99 - Paul Collett - Get well soon, Mikey. We miss you.


Last edited by NYR Viper: 03-13-2012 at 11:02 AM.
NYR Viper is offline  
Old
03-13-2012, 09:46 AM
  #12
Cruxial
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
Great idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I'll try and keep track of everyone in a table like this. If you want to leave a message just post it in here and you can either PM me or reply with a name and I will update this chart. If you don't see your name, just remind me.

Thanks guys!


NYR Boyler87 - Matt Demers - Get well soon Mike, we look forward to seeing you back out on The Garden ice wearing a Blueshirt

kaneone - Parker Rappaport

Onion Boy

Ih8theislanders

jacko23

BrooklynRangersFan - Get well soon Mike!

callagraves

Cruxial is offline  
Old
03-13-2012, 09:52 AM
  #13
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence
 
KreiMeARiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UES
Posts: 6,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I'll try and keep track of everyone in a table like this. If you want to leave a message just post it in here and you can either PM me or reply with a name and I will update this chart. If you don't see your name, just remind me.

Thanks guys!


NYR Boyler87 - Matt Demers - Get well soon Mike, we look forward to seeing you back out on The Garden ice wearing a Blueshirt

kaneone - Parker Rappaport

Onion Boy

Ih8theislanders

jacko23

BrooklynRangersFan - Get well soon Mike!

callagraves

Cruxial
add my name: Wes D. Get well soon, Michael!

KreiMeARiver is offline  
Old
03-13-2012, 09:52 AM
  #14
McSauer
Defense Wins Games
 
McSauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Providence, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 350
vCash: 500
McSauer Matt C.: Come back soon, Michael! We need you!!


Last edited by McSauer: 03-13-2012 at 10:02 AM.
McSauer is offline  
Old
03-13-2012, 09:59 AM
  #15
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people
 
Brendan Shanahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,091
vCash: 500
Add me as well. John T.

Brendan Shanahan is offline  
Old
03-13-2012, 10:05 AM
  #16
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Add me as well - Jamy Baron

Great idea!

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
03-13-2012, 10:14 AM
  #17
Poozer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 401
vCash: 500
Count me in. Nick F.

Poozer is offline  
Old
03-13-2012, 10:21 AM
  #18
Original Blue
Anaheim Ducks GM
 
Original Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 109
vCash: 500
This sounds like a great idea. Add me please.

Tyler G - "Can't wait to see you in the Bruisin' Blue!!!!"

Original Blue is offline  
Old
03-13-2012, 10:23 AM
  #19
NickyFotiu
Registered User
 
NickyFotiu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,560
vCash: 500
Mike I thought you were the best Dman on the team last season. Take your time and get your health back to 100%. That is what is most important.

NickyFotiu is offline  
Old
03-13-2012, 10:26 AM
  #20
redfzn
#94
 
redfzn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 2,462
vCash: 500
Brian P. - Mike, you are missed back there. Can't wait for you to get back and handle the business!

redfzn is offline  
Old
03-13-2012, 10:30 AM
  #21
NYRKindms
Registered User
 
NYRKindms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 575
vCash: 500
We miss you on the blueline, get well soon - Mike D.

NYRKindms is offline  
Old
03-13-2012, 10:42 AM
  #22
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Boyler, my name is spelled Jamy



But seriously it's spelled Jamy

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
03-13-2012, 10:44 AM
  #23
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,297
vCash: 500
Justin K - get well soon mike, miss watching you out there

__________________
"Here we can see the agression of american people. They love fighting and guns. when they wont win they try to kill us all." -HalfOfFame
HatTrick Swayze is offline  
Old
03-13-2012, 10:46 AM
  #24
WhiskeyDeke
Shut up, Keith.
 
WhiskeyDeke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Va
Country: United States
Posts: 638
vCash: 500
Don't rush back, your health is the most important thing. Take care, man.

Patrick K.

WhiskeyDeke is offline  
Old
03-13-2012, 10:47 AM
  #25
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank
 
KingWantsCup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,296
vCash: 50
Hey add me too.

You can put my name down too, Chris N.

"I've had Phaneuf of this, we need you back soon!!!"

LOL jp.

"Get well soon Mike! Your absence has not gone unnoticed with us fans."

KingWantsCup is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.