HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Another putrid effort

Closed Thread

Old
11-14-2003, 06:49 PM
David3750

vCash: 500
Another putrid effort

Only the Buffalo Sabres could make Pittsburgh look like Stanley Cup champions. Fine effort by Noronen; forget all others. This team needs an enema!

Old
11-14-2003, 07:09 PM
tom_servo

Believe it or not, we have beaten better teams than the Sabres.

Old
11-14-2003, 07:24 PM
billsandsabres
nhl 94 aficianado

i guess we saw things different because what i saw were two high school teams wearing pens and sabres jerseys
about 3 trillion giveaways and plenty of dumb penalties for both sides
it was good goaltending, numerous shots wide of the net, and many last second stick checks that kept that game low-scoring

that was some brutally ugly hockey
entertaining, but brutal

Old
11-14-2003, 09:39 PM
Takeo

I hope Regier pulls the trigger soon. The team needs a shake-up pronto. This playing down to the level of your opponent crap is getting old quick. No offense to the Pens, but losing a point tonight is inexcusable.

Old
11-14-2003, 10:03 PM
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo21
I hope Regier pulls the trigger soon. The team needs a shake-up pronto. This playing down to the level of your opponent crap is getting old quick. No offense to the Pens, but losing a point tonight is inexcusable.
I was more worried about this game than I am about our next two against Ottawa and New Jersey respectively. We seem to have a lot of luck beating or playing on par with the teams that should be out of our league. But the Penguins, Atlanta (worse in the past), Florida, etc. have always seemed to have our number. I don't know what's up with that.

Old
11-15-2003, 04:46 AM
David3750

entertaining, but brutal[/QUOTE]

I guess I just don't find losing to be entertaining anymore. If all Delmore can do is put somebody's face through the glass two minutes into the game and have Ruff whine about the call, what's the point? Delmore's tossed, we lose, Ruff whines, Sabres can't score, SOS (same old Sabres). Sorry folks, I've seen this picture way too often before over the past several years and I'm damned tired of it. And to think they couldn't put it together in front of 18,000 people last night? How the hell do you save a franchise by doing that? This team is in serious trouble.

Old
11-15-2003, 09:43 AM
Katana

What does it say about the Sabres offense when the leading goal scorer is Taylor Pyatt? It's time some of the higher paid players (e.g., Satan) produce more.

Old
11-15-2003, 09:54 AM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana
What does it say about the Sabres offense when the leading goal scorer is Taylor Pyatt? It's time some of the higher paid players (e.g., Satan) produce more.
Well for one thing it says that Pyatt is developing nicely and is one of a couple bright spots thus far. But point taken.

Old
11-15-2003, 10:01 AM
MLH

Quote:
Originally Posted by David3750
I guess I just don't find losing to be entertaining anymore. If all Delmore can do is put somebody's face through the glass two minutes into the game and have Ruff whine about the call, what's the point? Delmore's tossed, we lose, Ruff whines, Sabres can't score, SOS (same old Sabres). Sorry folks, I've seen this picture way too often before over the past several years and I'm damned tired of it. And to think they couldn't put it together in front of 18,000 people last night? How the hell do you save a franchise by doing that? This team is in serious trouble.
Bottom line is we're .500 and we've had a tough schedule and some injuries to deal with. Compared to the attendance around the league we're not doing too badly. Way too early to say we're in serious trouble.

Old
11-15-2003, 11:24 AM
TVanek26*

Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
Do you just focus on the bad things?This team is 4th in the division, better then last year.I don't care if they don't score 10 goals a game, I am just grateful the Sabres are still in Buffalo.Just because you're better then someone on paper doesn't mean you automatically beat them (Colorado comes to mind).We got a point, and every point counts.It's better then having a meltdown and not getting anything.

Old
11-15-2003, 12:12 PM
imyourhuckleberry
Nyaaa..What's Up Doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
Do you just focus on the bad things?This team is 4th in the division, better then last year.I don't care if they don't score 10 goals a game, I am just grateful the Sabres are still in Buffalo.Just because you're better then someone on paper doesn't mean you automatically beat them (Colorado comes to mind).We got a point, and every point counts.It's better then having a meltdown and not getting anything.

exactly, effort could have been better, but atleast we got a point out of it, last year it would have been no points

Old
11-15-2003, 12:58 PM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
True but playing at home in front of an unusally big crowd against the worst team in the league...they dropped the ball (puck) IMO.

Closed Thread