HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sean Avery situation

Closed Thread

Old
03-08-2012, 06:35 PM
Sean Aviary
Chirp! Chirp!

vCash: 500
If Dale Weise cracked a top team's roster as a fourth line pest, Avery can find his way back into the NHL next year. He likely wouldn't take a two-way contract though, which hurts his chances, but if he wants to play hockey, there are a few teams who would take a shot with him.

Old
03-08-2012, 06:44 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
Now also nhl.com has picked up on the news. Has Avery done anything to warrant this? Has he had a bad attitude? Played horrendeusly?
This smells like there was some bad blood, but it's been kept quite. Wonder what really happened? Wonder who will be the next Ranger to wear #16?

Old
03-08-2012, 06:50 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocarina View Post
I mean, who knows what NHL teams really think, but I can't for the life of me fathom why a team would even go as far as to give Sean Avery a training camp invite for next season.

His history of being a disruptive and volatile player are well-known, and at his age and declining form the last two years, the reward of taking a chance on him seems very low.
Why?--because they might think he can help them.

Not saying he will be signed and if he is it will be for much much less than he is now.

I don't imagine either that he's going to have a lot of choices and it may be that the choices he does have he won't want.

Old
03-08-2012, 08:27 PM
scanzzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRC View Post
That's a stupid statement.
Maybe he gets an invite to someone's training camp next season. But he was passed over by every team in the NHL this season on 3 separate occasions, once at half his price tag. So its kind of stupid to say thats a stupid statement.

Old
03-08-2012, 08:29 PM
ocarina

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Why?--because they might think he can help them.

Not saying he will be signed and if he is it will be for much much less than he is now.

I don't imagine either that he's going to have a lot of choices and it may be that the choices he does have he won't want.
I guess if they think he can revert to being a decent 3rd liner, maybe. But otherwise, I'm sure teams would be more interested in giving a young kid a try, or at least sign someone cheap without all the baggage that Avery has.

Old
03-08-2012, 10:24 PM
mahonistan*

Avery > Fedotenko, Rupp, Mitchell, and Scott... Oh wait so is MZA. Bring them both up. And Erixon can't be worse than Woywitka or Eminger.

Old
03-10-2012, 06:06 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

I think someone will probably sign him. When he was in the ahl i thought there had been teams who wanted him placed on re-entry waivers so they could claim him.

Old
03-13-2012, 11:01 AM
shelaur22

Sean was on Andy Cohen's show last night, Watch What Happens Live. He said that he's "officially retired" from hockey.

http://www.bravotv.com/watch-what-ha...essica-simpson

Old
03-13-2012, 11:09 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelaur22 View Post
Sean was on Andy Cohen's show last night, Watch What Happens Live. He said that he's "officially retired" from hockey.

http://www.bravotv.com/watch-what-ha...essica-simpson
"I threw my skates in the Hudson"

God, what an awful show. :O

Old
03-13-2012, 11:12 AM
shelaur22

In the second part of WWHL, Andy says that he likes one of the Rangers, the one who "looks like Superman." Who do we think that is? Girardi? Brian Boyle?

Closed Thread