HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Call up Zuccarello (RECALLED - 3/11)

Old
03-13-2012, 04:32 AM
Artemia

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
The downfall of mza will be his European Agent and stupid Norwegian reporters..

Wait and see Torts send him to AHL to avoid 14 questions about the same thing after every game..
Seriously. I really do think that's why he gets sent down.

Artemia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 05:20 AM
SixGoalieSystem
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerJack View Post
I think itīs embarassing for both Zuccarello and the whole country of Norway. At least they should send a sports journalist with hockey knowledge.
To be fair, it's not like theres anything else an east coast news correspondent would want to cover these days. It's nok like this is an election year or anything.

Tbh though, I don't really care if it's embarassing. The NHL making the headlines in Norway, will help the sport grow over here. I can live with Norwegians looking a bit lame.

SixGoalieSystem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 07:06 AM
TigerJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubkov21 View Post
To be fair, it's not like theres anything else an east coast news correspondent would want to cover these days. It's nok like this is an election year or anything.

Tbh though, I don't really care if it's embarassing. The NHL making the headlines in Norway, will help the sport grow over here. I can live with Norwegians looking a bit lame.
Itīs not a big thing, but it would be great if the articles about Zuccarello was done by journalists with both hockey-interest and NHL-knowledge.
Anyways, I dontīt think Tortorella is bothered by this, he probably finds it more funny than irritating.

TigerJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 07:23 AM
fredrikstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Yeah, I kinda don't understand that Zuc is having an assigned reporter for him. Its kinda silly.
I kind of agreed that the reporter is silly,but you do realize it`s not MZA`s fault do you?

Last edited by fredrikstad: 03-13-2012 at 07:31 AM.
fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 07:40 AM
anofsti

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerJack View Post
I think itīs embarassing for both Zuccarello and the whole country of Norway. At least they should send a sports journalist with hockey knowledge.
To be fair, she's propably the most experienced and acclaimed journalist in that press room, having been to numerous big events and disasters (e.g. Japan last year, and Haiti before that).

Not that it helps in the world of sport. At least it's in the news, and not just a notice on the web pages.

anofsti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 08:36 AM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Can always mail her and ask her to tone it down, haha
eso@tv2.no

Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 10:28 AM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
Can always mail her and ask her to tone it down, haha
eso@tv2.no
Hehe. Torts could help out himeself by giving the Norwegian media a reason to have a permanent hockey journalist over there. A bit expensive to have an NHL expert when Zucc plays 4 of 69 games. Morals: Fix him a permanent spot and he will get good questions.

Ilovemymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 10:48 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

FWIW, if I'm MZA I would've been at the optional skate this morning no matter what.

Pat Leonard ‏ @NYDNRangers
Skeleton crew out here for #NYR optional skate: Dubinsky, Mitchell, Rupp, Scott, Woywitka, Bickel, Biron

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 10:51 AM
NickyFotiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
FWIW, if I'm MZA I would've been at the optional skate this morning no matter what.

Pat Leonard ‏ @NYDNRangers
Skeleton crew out here for #NYR optional skate: Dubinsky, Mitchell, Rupp, Scott, Woywitka, Bickel, Biron
After playing in 3 games in 3 days plus a practice yesterday I would definitely want to rest my legs for the game tonight. Nothing worse then hitting the ice with dead legs. The coaches may have even told him not to skate in it.

NickyFotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 10:56 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyFotiu View Post
After playing in 3 games in 3 days plus a practice yesterday I would definitely want to rest my legs for the game tonight. Nothing worse then hitting the ice with dead legs. The coaches may have even told him not to skate in it.
Doubt they told him not to skate and the optional is hardly something that's taxing. I realize he had 3 in 3, but he didn't have a ton of ice time (~10 minutes) on Sunday. Unless it's the case that he was told not to be there, I would've been there if I were him. His competition is.

Old
03-13-2012, 11:03 AM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

Three games in three days + travels from the minors.

I guess you think resting is overrated?

quentez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 11:10 AM
NickyFotiu

Quote:
Doubt they told him not to skate and the optional is hardly something that's taxing. I realize he had 3 in 3, but he didn't have a ton of ice time (~10 minutes) on Sunday. Unless it's the case that he was told not to be there, I would've been there if I were him. His competition is.
My legs get tired skating 3 times in a week. I love having jump when I hit the ice and I hate having dead legs. He has a game tonight. How many times does he have to skate? The game tonight will already be his 5th time in 5 days at a minimum. Just going to the rink lacing them up and going back to his hotel could be tiring after such a busy schedule. I would not be shocked if the coaches told him to save his legs for tonight.

NickyFotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 11:14 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

He needs all the jump in his legs he can get.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 11:16 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by quentez View Post
Three games in three days + travels from the minors.

I guess you think resting is overrated?
Travel from Hartford? Are you kidding? He would've played 3 in 3 anyway with the Whale as they had a game on Sunday, too, and travel would've been similar.

Just an observation. I'm an MZA fan and was pulling for the Rangers to sign him when they did. I want the guy to succeed, believe me.

Old
03-13-2012, 11:46 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Travel from Hartford? Are you kidding? He would've played 3 in 3 anyway with the Whale as they had a game on Sunday, too, and travel would've been similar.

Just an observation. I'm an MZA fan and was pulling for the Rangers to sign him when they did. I want the guy to succeed, believe me.
He drove himself from Hartford to NYC, I believe. That's not a horrible drive but for a guy who's barely even familiar with driving on the right side of the road, that's a physical and mentally exhausting thing to do, after playing back to back games and then playing a third in three days and in the NHL. He should rest. No, the optional skate wouldn't have killed him, but it also wouldn't have really helped him. He's been playing and skating.

The guy wants very badly to succeed here. He has had the right attitude the entire time. He was positive the first time he was sent down about working hard on his game and making it to the Rangers. This is his chance. His first game was a positive. Hope he continues it tonight. He's certainly been better than Wolski or a Christensen were in similar "limited minute, skill roles." Not the easiest thing to play 10 total minutes (4 at ES), in an offensive role. It's much easier for grinders to play limited minutes because you can make hits almost every shift, but if you don't have the puck, you can't do much offensively.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 11:49 AM
SixGoalieSystem
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
He drove himself from Hartford to NYC, I believe. That's not a horrible drive but for a guy who's barely even familiar with driving on the right side of the road, that's a physical and mentally exhausting thing to do, after playing back to back games and then playing a third in three days and in the NHL. He should rest. No, the optional skate wouldn't have killed him, but it also wouldn't have really helped him. He's been playing and skating.
We drive on the right hand side up here. We're not England. And besides, I believe he flew.

Anyway, I see no reason why he should've attended the optional skate. As if four games in five days wouldn't be enough.

Old
03-13-2012, 12:19 PM
Sean Aviary
Chirp! Chirp!

I read somewhere that Zucc drove from Hartford to NYC. Driving from Hartford to NYC includes avoiding more hitting than three hockey games.

Sean Aviary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 12:52 PM
Sticky Fingers
NYR

Quote:

The guy wants very badly to succeed here. He has had the right attitude the entire time. He was positive the first time he was sent down about working hard on his game and making it to the Rangers. This is his chance. His first game was a positive. Hope he continues it tonight. He's certainly been better than Wolski or a Christensen were in similar "limited minute, skill roles." Not the easiest thing to play 10 total minutes (4 at ES), in an offensive role. It's much easier for grinders to play limited minutes because you can make hits almost every shift, but if you don't have the puck, you can't do much offensively.

Sticky Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 12:57 PM
lbrowne

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyFotiu View Post
I would think this would be the case. He's done a lot in a short period of time. Rest him and he'll be ready to contribute again.

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 12:59 PM
Zucca

Quote:

The Ultimate Best Of 2012 So far........

Zucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 01:06 PM
SixGoalieSystem
HFBoards Sponsor

Really. It was an honest mistake.

Hope to see the kid put a point or two on the board and keep on helping the pp tonight.

Old
03-13-2012, 01:21 PM
Sassafrass

[QUOTE=YetAnotherNorwegian;45954749]The broadcaster the female journalist is working for picked up on Torts' remarks last night, and angling it as a funny. I wish, for one times sake, someone from my country while abroad could try to not make me ashamed of being Norwegian.

One question about Zucca now and then is ok, but when Torts recognizes her and says what he says, it might be alright to take the hint. Time to pull our heads out of our ***** and understand that the world does not revolve around (Norway in general or) Mats, especially when Richards delivered like he did last night. By all means, I'm happy Mats did well, but so did quite a few others.[/QUOte

Dont aggree with you here. Not embarrassing for anyone at all - except maybe the journo herself. If a player has a "blonde" journalist following his every move it means hes a star. Nothing else. If this annoys Tortorella to the point where he stops playing Mats hes not right in the head.

I had a good laugh today when i saw that Norways biggest newspaper, VG, ran a story about Tortorella getting tired of Zuccarello questions from norwegian media. In the story the journalist manages to spell Torts name three different ways: Tortorella/Tortorello/Tortorelli.
That didnt make me feel embarrassed on their behalf. It was just funny. I dont expect more of them.

Sassafrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 02:11 PM
Slayem
Lucky Zuke

[QUOTE=Sassafrass;45996957]
Quote:
Originally Posted by YetAnotherNorwegian View Post
The broadcaster the female journalist is working for picked up on Torts' remarks last night, and angling it as a funny. I wish, for one times sake, someone from my country while abroad could try to not make me ashamed of being Norwegian.

One question about Zucca now and then is ok, but when Torts recognizes her and says what he says, it might be alright to take the hint. Time to pull our heads out of our ***** and understand that the world does not revolve around (Norway in general or) Mats, especially when Richards delivered like he did last night. By all means, I'm happy Mats did well, but so did quite a few others.[/QUOte

Dont aggree with you here. Not embarrassing for anyone at all - except maybe the journo herself. If a player has a "blonde" journalist following his every move it means hes a star. Nothing else. If this annoys Tortorella to the point where he stops playing Mats hes not right in the head.I had a good laugh today when i saw that Norways biggest newspaper, VG, ran a story about Tortorella getting tired of Zuccarello questions from norwegian media. In the story the journalist manages to spell Torts name three different ways: Tortorella/Tortorello/Tortorelli.
That didnt make me feel embarrassed on their behalf. It was just funny. I dont expect more of them.
Agree, but the thing is, he looks very annoyed. However, he`s often annoyed of other journalists too, seems like the guy doesnt like press meetings at all.

Slayem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 03:33 PM
Khelvan

Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Tortorella is not going to sit Zuccarello because he doesn't like media attention. He's more likely to tell a journalist to go **** him or herself than to make a player change based on being annoyed by one.

Khelvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 05:11 PM
TigerJack

This interview tells another story:
http://www.vgtv.no/#!id=50495

This time itīs the norwegian newspaper VG that has sent a guy to interview Torts.
Tortorellas first answer is priceless: "Are you the woman that turned into a guy?"

Torts doesnīt look pissed at all....

TigerJack is offline   Reply With Quote