HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Season Renewals Arrive.... Increasing?!?!?!?

Old
03-13-2012, 10:39 AM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
#beLIeve

vCash: 500
Season Renewals Arrive.... Increasing?!?!?!?

http://www.islanderspointblank.com/2...cost-with-jt91

03-13-2012, 10:47 AM
Islanderfan17

What a joke, I knew me and my family were done with season tickets after this season anyways but this just further cements it. Why commit to season tickets for a crappy product that they refuse to improve when you can just get really cheap seats on stubhub RIGHT before the games? It is ridiculous.

Islanderfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 10:48 AM
Riddick

Lol so the islanders can't win right, can't lose right, don't have a head coach who can lead, have probably the lowest payroll in the nhl, ****** acquisitions instead of spending money on quality and they want you to pay more for this wonderful product? LMAO

Riddick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 11:06 AM
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!

vCash: 300
the fans in Quebec will have no problems paying those prices.

IceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 11:52 AM
Chardo

Show us a commitment, and we'll do the same. I will not renew in April. Go out in July and bring in some quality free agents, and I'll renew then. Show us that you're committed to building a winner, not just staying as cheap as possible until getting the new arena (that will never come). Go sign Parise or Suter (or both; we can dream). Show me that you're spending the money, and I'll give you my money to spend.

Chardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 12:06 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Big Brock

Are they that stupid?

SLAPSHOT723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 12:15 PM
seafoam
Fluorescent Adolescent

vCash: 50
Wang's trying to make as much money as he can before he sells the team in '15. That would explain the payroll too

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 12:21 PM
19 in a row

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
Are they that stupid?
I assume that was rhetorical lol

19 in a row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 12:21 PM
xECK29x

This team has balls, just not on the ice

xECK29x is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 12:34 PM
Isles72

the islander fanbase is a sleeping giant

Isles72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 12:54 PM
WangMustGo
NYI

I would spend an increased price on tickets if the team spent the money on something hockey related! What a joke, I am fed up with this organization, I am ready to say goodbye. If it's between the Islanders keeping Wang as an owner and staying or moving to Quebec, I choose Quebec. Screw Wang, Screw Snow, and screw everyone affiliated with Wang.

Can't help but feel bad for JT, Hamonic, and the few other players that show heart and want to win. Everyone knows it won't happen here.

WangMustGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 01:07 PM
blitzkriegs

Three items of note in that letter beyond pricing:

1 - Absence of the term "win" "winner" "winning" or "commitment" to it.

2- UFA's are obviously not referenced (Nabby, PA, Montoya), while the goalies are referred to as "solid goaltending." How are those signings of PA/Nabby coming along? So good, they are afraid to use them in their marketing!

3 - Goalie for Life, signed, paid, and on the roster is not referenced, yet other signed players are (not all of course) and is technically the only goalie with a one-way NHL contract for next season. See #2.

Read between the lines folks. I wouldn't renew based on the calculated 'marketing' letter that was sent out. If the organization can't put in writing in a sales pitch the word "WIN" then, what do you think their commitment is?

blitzkriegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 01:15 PM
Islanderfan17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardo View Post
Show us a commitment, and we'll do the same. I will not renew in April. Go out in July and bring in some quality free agents, and I'll renew then. Show us that you're committed to building a winner, not just staying as cheap as possible until getting the new arena (that will never come). Go sign Parise or Suter (or both; we can dream). Show me that you're spending the money, and I'll give you my money to spend.

The bolded is pretty much what it comes down too, this organization has shown that it has no intentions of becoming a serious contender and the only thing they do is try to create the illusion that they will.

Islanderfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 01:16 PM
Bones45

like the birds chirping, the Isles winning percentage dropping, and the sun shining, certain things ALWAYS happen in the Spring.

Ah yes.. another year of ****** play, unkept promises and no playoffs.

Why is anyone shocked that prices are going up?

LOL

Im done after this season.

Bones45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 01:24 PM
cjdv16

Posting this such that even if I can influence 1 current season ticket holder, I will be happy.

Firstly, I'm not a current season ticket holder. Never was, likely will never be. I live in NJ and the trip is too much of a hastle. That said, I likely would be at a point if NYI were closer.

I can't implore people enough that if you are a current STH, please, please, please.... stop buying into the b.s. You're money is not being injected back into this team. It's going straight into the pig's pocket who is at the trough feasting.

Your contributions are not going to expedite the rebuild. They're not going to make a difference on what the Isles spend. They're not going to factor into a new arena.

It's all a load of crap.

Further, I can assure you, that if you listen to me -- this time next year, you'll want to kiss me. The Isles will not spend in the offseason. They will not advance. The frustrations you've felt this year and for 18 of the last 19 years will still be there.

You'll be 15-30k richer if you heed my advice. Plus parking. Plus concessions.

Minus the headache.

Stay home. Watch the game there. You can more easily turn it off and redirect your frustration.

You won't have to watch anymore of Kyle's toe drag, Capuano's sips of water, bogus calls from the refs, a non-existent owner (except when it's medlesome) not up in his luxury box.

No more crappy seating. Crappy concessions and giveaways.

No more ridiculous local bands playing in between periods where dudes actually fall off the mini-stage.

No more stupid mini-blimps crashing down on the ice because SMG couldn't pay the guy to test the batteries in the remote.

Give them up. His that scum bag owner where it hurts. In his pocket. Same yourself some money and frustration in the process.

Don't fret..... the seats will still be there in the future. No one is going to swoop in. And so what if they do. So what if you have to move a section or change a row or seat number. Big deal.

Don't let these sales reps fool you.

Nothing you do will change things. In fact, it will simply keep this inept owner with no willingness to spend happy. It fill make him and his fat son even fatter.

MAKE THE ISLANDERS INVEST IN YOU (by way of their on ice product) BEFORE YOU INVEST IN THEM.

Re-signing the likes of JT, KO, and Grabner is not investment. That's a case of keeping what you've got. Do they want applause for this? Now, how about growing and improving things.

Make Wang flinch first.

Otherwise, he can go rot.

Don't be a sucker.

cjdv16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 01:26 PM
cjdv16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones45 View Post
like the birds chirping, the Isles winning percentage dropping, and the sun shining, certain things ALWAYS happen in the Spring.

Ah yes.. another year of ****** play, unkept promises and no playoffs.

Why is anyone shocked that prices are going up?

LOL

Im done after this season.

Good for you.

My only wish would have been that you dropped your package sooner.

Regardless, good move. Plain and simple.

**** ing wang makes me want to puke.

The gaul and nerve to increase prices.

I'd personally spit in his face if I had spent 20k on that garbage product this year.

...... and don't anyone tell me they were exciting because they weren't. In fact, I thought last season, they were more fun to watch. Now, this **** is just getting old.

Old
03-13-2012, 01:28 PM
cjdv16

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceAce View Post
the fans in Quebec will have no problems paying those prices.
Let them then. In all seriousness.

And that's exactly the statement that people will hear from their ticket reps. Putting it on the fans that they're the reason the Isles may move. I call bull **** and that's just another excuse.

I wouldn't pay a friggin dime to keep this team here if there was no assurance or commitment to winning.

Why would I want a lame duck team to be local.

Yeah, it would sting, but seriously... would you actually pay 20k per year for the next 20 years to endure what we've just witnessed.

Wang's shown me no sign of caring about the on ice product.

He'll either get his new arena (by the way, I'd still want him to demonstrate care and willingness to me then too. It's not a free pass) or he'll sell. Either way, he's not going to spend more and drain his pocket further. It's clear as day.

2 decades... 2 DECADES OF INEPTITUDE. Utterly amazing.

Old
03-13-2012, 01:41 PM
TheBoss22

I wonder if the Oilers and Maple Laughs will increase ticket prices.... Nah they aren't greedy like Wang. The NHL is a charity in Canada.

$250 for a lower bowl ticket to a Canucks / Blue Jackets game. Best deal on the planet.

Tavares c'est le but!!!!

TheBoss22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 01:46 PM
KingLio21093
Casey Zeeky

I'm not a season ticket holder, but this organization has absolutely no right to raise prices with the awful production this team has been putting on the ice. This team pisses me off ridiculously.

KingLio21093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 02:43 PM
Giuseppe Franco

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdv16 View Post
Posting this such that even if I can influence 1 current season ticket holder, I will be happy.

Firstly, I'm not a current season ticket holder. Never was, likely will never be. I live in NJ and the trip is too much of a hastle. That said, I likely would be at a point if NYI were closer.

I can't implore people enough that if you are a current STH, please, please, please.... stop buying into the b.s. You're money is not being injected back into this team. It's going straight into the pig's pocket who is at the trough feasting.

Your contributions are not going to expedite the rebuild. They're not going to make a difference on what the Isles spend. They're not going to factor into a new arena.

It's all a load of crap.

Further, I can assure you, that if you listen to me -- this time next year, you'll want to kiss me. The Isles will not spend in the offseason. They will not advance. The frustrations you've felt this year and for 18 of the last 19 years will still be there.

You'll be 15-30k richer if you heed my advice. Plus parking. Plus concessions.

Minus the headache.

Stay home. Watch the game there. You can more easily turn it off and redirect your frustration.

You won't have to watch anymore of Kyle's toe drag, Capuano's sips of water, bogus calls from the refs, a non-existent owner (except when it's medlesome) not up in his luxury box.

No more crappy seating. Crappy concessions and giveaways.

No more ridiculous local bands playing in between periods where dudes actually fall off the mini-stage.

No more stupid mini-blimps crashing down on the ice because SMG couldn't pay the guy to test the batteries in the remote.

Give them up. His that scum bag owner where it hurts. In his pocket. Same yourself some money and frustration in the process.

Don't fret..... the seats will still be there in the future. No one is going to swoop in. And so what if they do. So what if you have to move a section or change a row or seat number. Big deal.

Don't let these sales reps fool you.

Nothing you do will change things. In fact, it will simply keep this inept owner with no willingness to spend happy. It fill make him and his fat son even fatter.

MAKE THE ISLANDERS INVEST IN YOU (by way of their on ice product) BEFORE YOU INVEST IN THEM.

Re-signing the likes of JT, KO, and Grabner is not investment. That's a case of keeping what you've got. Do they want applause for this? Now, how about growing and improving things.

Make Wang flinch first.

Otherwise, he can go rot.

Don't be a sucker.
Post of the year.

Giuseppe Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 03:08 PM
MikeyMike01*
Hurray

Send a message via AIM to MikeyMike01* Send a message via MSN to MikeyMike01*
Wang wants attendance to be low. It gives him bargaining power and/or an excuse to leave.

MikeyMike01* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 03:22 PM
Veteran journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyMike01 View Post
Wang wants attendance to be low. It gives him bargaining power and/or an excuse to leave.
It has to be this, right? He can't be THAT oblivious to what's going on to think it's a good business move to raise prices after this season. I feel like it's been this way for a while...with both the attendance and the arena. When he leaves he'll say he had no other options and there's no support, but there were interests in both Queens and Brooklyn willing to talk to him years ago right after the Lighthouse debacle, and the fans are here begging for something to cheer about...

Veteran journeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 03:24 PM
Bauer Warrior*

If the team moves, it moves. If it does move, it's not on the taxpayers who voted down the referendum. It's not on the politicians who were against the Light House Project, and it's not on the fans who didn't fill the seats. It's on Charles Wang.

Mike Milbury pumped this guy's tires for his entire tenure. The media harped on, "No Wang= No Islanders." - The fans bought it for a while, but eventually, the truth comes out. This was not an interest in hockey, it was a property grab. Do you really think that Charles Wang was ever concerned with winning?

What would you do if you owned the franchise? I'll tell you what I would do:

Yeah, I would apply for something like the LHP, but if I couldn't get it, I would do all I could to make what I've got as appealing as hell. If I was struggling for attendance, I'd be catering to the fans. There's give and take to making a business work. I don't know how the hell Charles Wang ever made money.

I own a company, and like most companies, it started off by giving clientele a proverbial BJ. It's those clients, combined with my ability that make my company thrive and survive. I'm small potatoes. I'm not making seven figures a year, but at least my company is growing and my accounts know I care. Charles Wang doesn't care. He is clearly driving this organization into the ground, and he's put himself in a position where if the team moves, "It's not my fault"- He'll point to poor attendance, politicians, and the failed referendum. The man is a jerk. He's the worst owner and sports. And proof that deep pockets don't mean crap to a sports franchise.

Bauer Warrior* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 03:24 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Big Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19 in a row View Post
I assume that was rhetorical lol
Well yes wouldn't be an incorrect answer

SLAPSHOT723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 03:27 PM
MikeyMike01*
Hurray

Send a message via AIM to MikeyMike01* Send a message via MSN to MikeyMike01*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer Warrior View Post
If the team moves, it moves. If it does move, it's not on the taxpayers who voted down the referendum. It's not on the politicians who were against the Light House Project, and it's not on the fans who didn't fill the seats. It's on Charles Wang.
This is exactly correct.

MikeyMike01* is offline   Reply With Quote