HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Ex-Habs Thread Part IV (All Former Habs Players Discussed Here!)

Old
03-12-2012, 08:14 PM
charlie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I have no interest in seeing them ship off Plekanec, but a lot of people do. I'm just saying if they do for some insane reason, bringing back Koivu for a year to teach the young Cs wouldn't be the worst move we could make.
I know what u are saying...But coaches are paid to teach, players are paid to play.
Mentor yes but still not worth signing a 38 year old for...Hell likes keep old man Darche around for a few more years so he can teach...........nothing.

Last edited by charlie: 03-12-2012 at 08:21 PM. Reason: stupid spellcheck
charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 08:28 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie View Post
I know what u are saying...But coaches are paid to teach, players are paid to play.
Mentor yes but still not worth signing a 38 year old for...Hell likes keep old man Darche around for a few more years so he can teach...........nothing.
Don't you dare comparing Darche to Koivu.

Koivu can be useful for this team.. not only as a mentor. He's a playoffs warrior, we never get too much of those. He also brings leadership. MaxPac just said he sees Koivu as a role model. He can also score around 13-15g and get ~40pts.

As much as I like DD, we don't know how he will do in the playoffs, especially as a 1st center. So having veteran, playoff warrior like Koivu as a back up plan is not a bad idea.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 08:48 PM
charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Don't you dare comparing Darche to Koivu.

Koivu can be useful for this team.. not only as a mentor. He's a playoffs warrior, we never get too much of those. He also brings leadership. MaxPac just said he sees Koivu as a role model. He can also score around 13-15g and get ~40pts.

As much as I like DD, we don't know how he will do in the playoffs, especially as a 1st center. So having veteran, playoff warrior like Koivu as a back up plan is not a bad idea.
Playoffs........lmfao....even if we took Koivu in for next year it certainly wouldnt be for playoffs.
Let just hope this is all a dream.

charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 08:59 PM
SAKS AVENUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
There is something called a cup which really help with the crying. Also, with the numerous time that Thornton has shown his inability to bring it when it counted the most, it also helps to ease the pain. But seeing how the trade evolved, they were crying about it a whole lot.

We pine over every trade because we are mostly losing BADLY every single one of them. Hence we don't progress as a team. We cry over it 'cause we have the best head scout in the business and our management does his very best to screw his work by either not developing the players properly or trading them way too soon, or not getting anything in return.

Oh and we do enjoy hockey. We are writing about it on a board every single day. Yet, we have a right to believe that this team is not well managed. But you have the absolute right to be satisfied with what you are seeing. Just that, some others don't.

Well, all the players traded by Montreal that people whine about were Thornton like without the heavy point totals he brings.

People cry about Ribs. Sure he puts up points but they are soft points. He won't deliver when it matters. Same for Ryder, Lats, Andrei, S.K,(i always actually liked him) but he won't be a game changer. Same with Grabs. on and on we could go.
Bummer about Mcdonaugh but hey. I get it. Gainey thought bringing Gio and Gomez back together plus a Cammy could be off the charts. It didn't work, but I totally understand what he was hoping would happen. Reunite the golden boys from Jersey. but It didn't work. How can you blame the man for that. That was a risk I'd be willing to take.

Don't cry about a second pick for Andrei. Nobody cared, nobody wanted him. Nashville was the only team, but guess what? They were saving the 1st pick for Gaustad, that's who they wanted and they got him. It was a 2nd for andrei or nothing. Goat took it because Andrei will be hot for the next few weeks and fade in the play-offs like he always does. He doesn't have the drive to sustain the production we all wanted from him. Didn't want to resign him and didn't want him to walk for nothing. 2nd pick or nothing? Stop crying and take it.

Lats was lazy, that's why he got traded and guess what he is still lazy, so is Pouliot. Average player that will put up soft points. Both are where they should be......lazy, injured or just average.

Maybe that is Timmins downfall, picking players that are really solid but don't ever develop that 3rd and 4th gear. That's not the organizations fault, the player just hits a wall. That's life in sports.

There are many factors and I get them all. I think we will slowly catch a few breaks with talent and find a rhythm that will allow us to become a better team. This year has been tough but at least we'll draft early. Cool, let's talk about good things, not how we'll draft a dud as usual.

My point with everything is more about whining about things we don't need to be whining about. It's constant and hard to read. We have a lot of great things going on, I'm looking forward to the future.

But crying endlessly about AK all day long because he supposedly sits in front of the net now? Come on, we all know where AK is going to end up. He will chill out, be dropped to the second unit and end up on the third line with limited minutes by the second round if they get there. Business as usual. He'll still give you twenty goals a season but he will have months of same old Andrei. Why cry?

That's all. We should focus on the good, the upside. We as habs fans could have a hand in bringing players up past their potential with the energy we bring to the table, but the constant whining and crying is just sickening after a while. That's all most here do. Our crapping the bed on all these players influence the trade return more then you think. We are our own worst enemies.

It would be nice if things were a little more positive around here on all levels. It would be great for everybody.

Anyways

Waaaaaa away. Maybe that's all Habs fans are good for.

Sorry for some positive reinforcement. What's wrong with me? I'm going to go and slit my wrists now because everyone and everything Montreal Canadians"" sucks the ass of a deadhorse stuck in a ditch on a hot dirt road in the middle of the desert in mexico. Wadda you gonna do? OH right...Waaaa

Go Habs Go!!!!

SAKS AVENUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 09:14 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Grats, Koivu, my Captain

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 09:57 PM
the

Saku is better then this whole team,I would bring him back right away and even give him some extra $$$ for betraying him in the first place.

I'm never going to forget what we did to him and I will never move on!

the is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 10:10 PM
LyricalLyricist

I miss Koivu but it's important for him to be elsewhere. We're not a competitive team and he should be on a contender in his final years. Him being here makes me feel selfish.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 10:17 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Ex Habs?

Personally, I'm rooting for the Blues to win their 1st cup with Halak in the nets.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 10:34 PM
SAKS AVENUE

Preds all the way!!!!!!

Too many habs and they know all of Halaks weaknesses. Book is out on Halak.

SAKS AVENUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 10:34 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
I don't understand this AK outrage. He's always been streaky. He will not score like this over the long term. He never did, over multiple NHL seasons and multiple coaches. He is what he is. It's like you guys never watched him play before or something. All this crying over former players is ridiculous... AK a 40 goal scorer? Lats, a guy who hasn't played in 2 years cause he was too fat to skate without blowing out his groin, a power forward?

Every team let's talent go. Carolina is probably wishing they didn't lose Cole for nothing too.
There isn't one person here that thinks AK is a 40 goal scorer. I really don't understand your argument.
Sure, lots of teams lose talent, it's unavoidable. Except we didn't lose him for nothing, we traded him because we failed to manage him properly. Same thing with a multitude of other players.
I don't care if you think Lats is fat and he eat burgers, he was one of our best ES producers here and we traded him for crap. But hey, I guess that's what you call sound management. I mean, I'm gonna buy a car, ruin it, and then call it a piece of junk. That sounds quite smart.

AK is a 20g scorer. He is a depth winger that could play on a top 6 if you have a coach with half a brain. If you have even more than just half a brain, you should also be smart enough to realize EVERY single player that will pot 40-50pts in a season will be inconsistent.

We managed to destroy our main strength coming into this season, which was our top9 depth. It was clear to every single person here that our problem this season was our putrid defense. Yet, we did very little to improve it. Instead, we actually almost made it worse, and we worsened our offense. Not only that, but we also worsened our coaching.
That is what I call sound management.

What if Leblanc only becomes a 20g scorer? Are we going to move him too because he's inconsistent? Or is it going to be okay with him because he skates fast and in a north south fashion?
Or what about Geoffrion? Pleased with him yet? How much do you want to bet that we don't develop this kid into anything (unless we change the personnel in place).
Are we so damn pathetic that we have to move someone away because he looks nonchalant like AK? Too nonchalant for people to realize the guy actually brings good things to this team? And is our team so damn good that we can just piss away a 20g scorer? Is our prospect pool up front so deep that we can foresee a youngster taking over? If so, wouldn't keeping him+prospect actually improve the depth? Or is it a must to have a grinder on the top 6 in Mtl, whether it's Moen, Darche or White?..

AK is only the recent name on a list that seems to keep growing more and more every year. He represents the mismanagement of this organization when developing youngsters. If he were the first to go, it wouldn't be a problem. But as I previously mentioned, he isn't the first, nor the 2nd, nor the 3rd, nor the 4th. Every single year, there is a new one. The only scenario where this would be considered normal for a team is if it is a poorly managed team. So, if you think it's normal, it tells you what type of management we have.

Last edited by Kriss E: 03-12-2012 at 11:08 PM.
Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 10:39 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post
Ex Habs?

Personally, I'm rooting for the Blues to win their 1st cup with Halak in the nets.
Well, if it remains the same, they will have a much easier task in front of them in Round 1.
Nashville vs Detroit would be a hell of a series though. It could have easily been a Conference Final type of match up.
The West will be interesting to watch this year. The East looks really boring.

Old
03-12-2012, 10:51 PM
Stradale

I don't know what it will take for some Habs fans to understand that our management is simply terrible in the past 10 years or so. You guys don't see that vicious circle that is happening to Habs? Draft well, fail to develop, trade for nothing.

Some of you guys doesn't understand the importance to develop your own talent. A team that fails to develop their young players has to build their team via UFA but that's not a good way to build a winning team.

Instead of questioning why our young players don't develop properly here, you guys are blaming every one of them saying they got their chances but it doesn't make sense because most of them are making an instant impact with their respective new team.

Is it really the players' problem when you guys say: "He wouldn't have done that in Montreal".

Old
03-12-2012, 11:48 PM
PyrettaBlaze

A.Kostitsyn gets the shootout winner...

PyrettaBlaze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 11:54 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
A.Kostitsyn gets the shootout winner...
At least he still find a way to be useful in a bad game (no point, -2).

The difference is that the new coach actually give him a chance to redeem himself after weaker game using AK as his first shooter in the SO. With RC, -2 after 2 periods means you sit in the third period.

Old
03-13-2012, 12:01 AM
Kriss E

Quote:

The difference is that the new coach actually give him a chance to redeem himself after weaker game using AK as his first shooter in the SO. With RC, -2 after 2 periods means you sit in the third period.
To be fair though, after benching you in the third and the OT, he might give you the pressure of scoring as the last shooter in the Shootout.

Old
03-13-2012, 12:04 AM
Bloumeister
Food Court Jester

Quote:

That's actually textbook Cunneyworth! Remember when he benched Eller for almost 2 periods + OT, then sent him on for the shootout?

Trotz is taking lessons from RC

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
To be fair though, after benching you in the third and the OT, he might give you the pressure of scoring as the last shooter in the Shootout.
Great minds think alike

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 04:19 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
True. No point at all. Especially that you concentrate on 1 word in an entire conversation to discard it. Okay, so you are not bashing him. You like him but not at that amount. Okay. Deal. Though calling a player "average" inconsistent", a player I wouldn't build my team around and such, don't look as if you are in love with the guy but anyway.....Again, though, how many 20-25 goals scorers are there in this league? And they are all average? And even if they'd be average for a great team....are they average for a team like us who are offensively challenged? But then...how much do 20-25 goal scorers in this league have to be paid nowaydays? And do we have the luxury in this team who is so low in goal scoring ability to not sign a guy like him? Do we have other guys ready to take the challenge? Is Leblanc your next 25-goal scorer as soon as next year? It's not like the guess would be that Kristo is already ready to take the challenge next year? Who else? Bourque will wake up? Gionta will be rejuvenated?

When the reason for not wanting a guy like him is based on a 4M+ on a salary cap of how much again, it means that you made a whole lot of other mistakes before. And we should find a way to not let our mistakes like Gomez and Co to provoke ANOTHER mistake by letting a guy like Kosty go.
People take things for granted around here. 20 goal scoters aren't easily replaceable. Trading Pleks or DD isn't easily replaceable. People think every player should be a PPG guy it seems.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 06:51 AM
Fuelled by Passion

Quote:

He had very good game. Both goals are not his fault at all. And should he be luckier and Smith wouldn't make sick-save he could net a pair y-day again. I hear what you saying tho. With Habs coach would look at his stats on paper and bench him and demote him to 4-th line for rest of the season

Fuelled by Passion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 10:28 AM
donghabs98

vCash: 499
http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...big-milestone/

Quote:
“It feels like my first game at the old Forum happened just a week ago,” Koivu said from Denver before his pre-game nap. “It’s amazing how quickly time goes. It reminds you to enjoy every moment when you’re having fun and enjoying your life.

“The start was a pretty big shock. It was overwhelming. I knew the history of hockey and how big the game was for people in Quebec and Montreal. Then to experience it first hand, to experience so much my first year, it was so much bigger than I ever could have imagined.

“Before the end of my rookie year, I figured that things couldn’t get any bigger or any worse than I’d seen.”

Koivu didn’t quite remember all about his first game, an Oct. 7 season-opening drubbing at the hands of the Philadelphia Flyers at the Forum.

“Let’s say 7-2? And not for us,” he recalled of what was a 7-1 defeat. “We lost pretty bad. After that game, I thought: ‘Is it really going to be this tough?’”

Koivu would score his first NHL goal — two, in fact — in his seventh game, a 6-3 Forum win on Oct. 23 over the Los Angeles Kings. Both were greeted with standing ovations by a crowd of 16,811 that included Koivu’s parents, Jukka and Tuire, and his kid brother, future NHLer Mikko, in town from the family’s native Finland.

“Those are big moments you’ll never forget. The first one is always the first one,” Koivu said of his maiden game and icebreaking goals, the latter beginning the embrace of fans he’d have until and beyond his free-agency departure to Anaheim in July 2009.

Quote:
From Sept. 30, 1999 until he was cut adrift when GM Bob Gainey overhauled the roster, Koivu captained the Canadiens — their 27th and first European so elected — through some lean years, the club missing the playoffs four of the nine seasons he wore the ‘C’.

He played 792 regular-season games, 846 including playoffs, as a member of the Habs for his 16 years and five days from the date he was drafted at age 18. It was in Montreal, as the face of both good and poor Canadiens teams, that Koivu became a father, where he healed his broken bones and torn joints and dealt with near blindness — his own, caused by an opponent’s high stick, and that of others, who were short-sighted with bigotry and ignorance.
Quote:
Koivu cherishes many things about Montreal as he crosses a remarkable milestone, his heart filling most of the slight frame that has taken a beating from much larger players since his debut.

“From an emotional point of view, there was my first game back after cancer treatments,” he said of the eight-minute standing ovation that greeted his April 9, 2002, Bell Centre return, having missed 79 games. There were a few playoff runs, a few post-season series victories over the Boston Bruins.

“The roller-coasters of those series, the reactions fans had, it was great being part of that. Being elected Canadiens captain by my teammates,” Koivu said, admitting that the emotion of 1,000 NHL games swept over him Sunday night when he reflected on his career, alone in his Denver hotel room.
Quote:
Monday night, at this 1,000-game threshold, Koivu would be thinking about his first NHL home more than all the other cities that have been part of his grand hockey adventure. From across the continent this season, he’s felt a bit of the sting that his Canadiens friends have experienced this dismal campaign.

There is no satisfaction taken from the plight of his former team.

“I know what a great city Montreal can be when things are going well,” Koivu said. “And I know how demanding it can be when you’re not achieving your goals. I know what those guys are going through now.”

Montreal, he said, will forever be a part of him.

“It’s where I grew up in a way,” he said. “It’s where I went from being a 20-year-old boy who left his home in Finland to become a man.”
Man i wish he could come back

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 11:38 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
Biggest mistake was to let him walk just for the sake of change.

Old
03-13-2012, 11:43 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
I don't understand this AK outrage. He's always been streaky. He will not score like this over the long term. He never did, over multiple NHL seasons and multiple coaches. He is what he is. It's like you guys never watched him play before or something. All this crying over former players is ridiculous... AK a 40 goal scorer? Lats, a guy who hasn't played in 2 years cause he was too fat to skate without blowing out his groin, a power forward?

Every team let's talent go. Carolina is probably wishing they didn't lose Cole for nothing too.
And I don't get your outrage about the whining. So every team let talent go...but which team have let MORE talent than us? Which teams have been MORE at the wrong end of trades? Which teams have not been patient enough with their kids? Which team in this league HAD to deal players 'cause of supposed bad behaviours and all? We actually happen to draft ALL the troublemakers of the league? Who went from total cancers and HAD to leave to great teamates and good citizen with their new team? And like I keep mentioning, it is possible that there are worst teams than us in those departments... but I'm waiting for names. And even if there are, we surely are worst top 3 in the league in all those departements.

And that's pretty cheap shot to Lats. 'Cause clearly he was the fattest guy in the league? And as if why he's not playing now is related to the groin? How many games did White missed with a sports hernia? A much leaner player. And again, Lats is out 'cause of concussion. So I guess he wasn't fat enough around the brain to have been able to stop that.

So it's NEVER about losing 1 player here and there. But it's about being the farm team of the league. Of losing more talent than any other teams out there. And out of losing those guys, for not receiving squat for it. The ratio losing talent/return has to be the biggest in the league. And THAT's a good reason for whining.

Incredibly enough, we have to go back to the Rivet trade to win a trade where the return is somewhat significant, thanks to Timmins pick of Pacioretty. And the Kovalev for Balej trade thanks to the Rangers for chosing Balej instead of Plekanec. But then, most people here hated and still hate Kovy, so they might name that trade as a clear win, yet cannot wait to bash Kovalev when they have a chance to.

So the whining is based on the fact that this team does not improve, on the contrary. That we keep giving good players in return for average ones if any. And that we are NOT being run by amateurs like Houle or supposed awful GM like Milbury, but by 2 really experienced GM. So we should expect a whole lot more. Or maybe, that's our mistake. There's nothing left in the tank for those 2, time for a change.

As far as AKost being streaky, surely, we will wait. You know the funny part though I know you are not one of them. If AKost would not have been doing good, MOST haters would have come and would not have give him time to adapt. They would be all over him. But now that he is....we do play the he's streaky and let's wait game. Fine. Is Bourque streaky? Can't wait for his bad streak to end. And frankly, that's a damn shame. If we can't have big centermen for all sorts of reasons, we had to surround our smaller centermen with bigger players. Just like we did with DD. Yet, the idea was to do that with Pleks and see the result now....That's a freakin shame. But can't wait for him to hit his great streak.

But then again.....why the heck can we rarely say the same thing our opponents' say? So our ex-players NEEDED a change of scenery, so it was suppose the reason why they are doing good. Or the famous "He wouldn't have done it here" stupidity. But why the heck did this not happen to Bourque yet? Didn't he need a change of scenery?

Anyway, again, this is board where people express their joy but mostly their frustration. And it's pretty normal to see this happening this year after we were being told that we would now aim to become a top-tier team. Something that was said just before the year where I've rarely see so much improvisation on this once great team.

But don,t worry, this will continue. I mean, I can't imagine what the McGuire's haters....or Roy's haters will give to them if they are the ones appointed. They might not even have all preseason to not being criticize. But in general, they should have some time to mold the team they want to have. But in the end, no matter who takes the job, I just hope they are MUCH better at player's development, managing their assets and being patient enough with their youngsters by surrounding them with real leadership.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 12:04 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Biggest mistake was to let him walk just for the sake of change.
Dude, I'm pretty sure you said you were happy with the change at the time.
Quote:
And I don't get your outrage about the whining. So every team let talent go...but which team have let MORE talent than us? Which teams have been MORE at the wrong end of trades? Which teams have not been patient enough with their kids? Which team in this league HAD to deal players 'cause of supposed bad behaviours and all? We actually happen to draft ALL the troublemakers of the league? Who went from total cancers and HAD to leave to great teamates and good citizen with their new team?
We really have gotten hosed... a lot. I can understand losing some trades, happens to everyone. But man, we've just let guys go for zero. Again, you do that once it's not a big deal but to do it over and over again... that's what kills you.

I can understand Lats for Pouliott. Didn't work out but okay, you're dealing for a guy you think can turn it around, fair enough. I can understand dumping Ribs even if we got nothing. Obviously a bad trade however, maybe the GM is sending a message to his team... But to do it repeatedly over and over is inexcusable. The FAs who left for no return is disgusting. And the guys we've picked up to replace them are leftover type players.

I don't need to list the talent we've let go. We all know the names by heart now. But coming into this season you'd think we'd have learned our lesson. I mentioned in another thread, we've become the dumping ground for the bad contracts that other clubs don't want. Gomez, Bourque, Kaberle... awful stuff. As for AK, it didn't make sense to me either. I never understood why we gave him the shaft they way we did. He and Pleks worked pretty well together, so what do we do? Split them apart so neither guy is productive and then we choke the life out of Ak's value before dealing him. Why?

I mean is it that hard a concept to grasp? If you've made the decision (for whatever reason) that AK doesn't fit into your plans, then why don't you showcase him? Why do you threaten PUBLICLY to bench him shortly before dealing him away?

Yet, we STILL have people defending this stuff. We STILL have people arguing that this is the way to achieve success. I realize that a lot of folks view me as a negative poster and I sometimes come off as hating the team but man... there's a lot to be negative about. I'm sorry but the screwed up way in which we've managed this team has led to these results. Revolving door of mediocre first line players and reloading on those types every year. It's not surprising in the least that we're assembling mediocre teams.

Last edited by Lafleurs Guy: 03-13-2012 at 12:15 PM.
Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 12:12 PM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM425 View Post
None of us should be very surprised if Andrei does well in Nashville.

Doesn't mean he was ever going to get over the hump here.

Both Sergei and Andrei have a ton of talent but it's pretty clear they didn't have enough stuff "between the ears" to succeed in Montreal.
Or maybe, just maybe, the people running this organization are the ones who didn't have enough stuff "between the ears" to get them to succeed.

This is just stupid nonsense I hear from Montreal fans. Players don't have it to cut it in Montreal but they go to another team and they play well. Yeah, it's player's fault if it happens once but when it happens continuously (Andrei, Sergei, Ribeiro, Ryder, O'Byrne, Lats, etc etc) then it's not the players it management.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 01:01 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Dude, I'm pretty sure you said you were happy with the change at the time.
Yes, I said we needed to change our team. I did also want Markov to be the next Captain, and repeatedly said we should be patient to see where these changes lead us.
I was quite clear that I had no idea how things would unfold. Some decisions were good, others I had my doubts on. I also was aware that you keep adapting as seasons go by, and I assumed we were going to make the proper adjustments as the years went by. Well, I was definitely wrong about that.
But, to be fair, I don't think we ever truly got to see the potential of this assembled group. We missed our best player for the most part, and had numerous injuries over the years.

The mistake I made was trust management more than I should have. But Gainey left, and Gauthier took over. He had his hands tied up so I felt I should give him a pass as he would get a lot more free space the following year. The decisions he opted to take last summer as well as some of the trades made this year are simply inexcusable.

Old
03-13-2012, 01:09 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I can understand Lats for Pouliott. Didn't work out but okay, you're dealing for a guy you think can turn it around, fair enough. I can understand dumping Ribs even if we got nothing.
The thing with these two guys is that they weren't traded for the right reasons. They were still producing adequately. Ribs was a top 2 center and producing like one, and Lats was one of our most productive guy at ES with bottom 6 minutes. They were let go because of ''attitude'' problems. Now, we just got jacked over the Ribs deal, that can happen, but for Lats, we went after another ''attitude problem'' guy, and one that had proven a lot less than Lats. Just made no sense. Same thing with bringing Bourque here.

But yes, as you said, I would still be able to let it go if we were only talking about these couple of times. Unfortunately, it happened a scary number of times.