Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Northern Europe
Northern Europe Norway, Denmark, Iceland

Denmark WC2012 team

Old
01-05-2012, 01:13 PM
danishdynamite

vCash: 500
Denmark WC2012 team

4 months left to the WC in Sweden/Finland.

I hope for this team:

Mikkel Bødker - Lars Eller - Nicklas Jensen

Morten Madsen - Frans Nielsen - Mads Christensen

Nicklas Hardt - Julian Jacobsen - Morten Poulsen

Kiril Starkov - Morten Green - Kim Lykkeskov

Jesper Jensen

Philip Larsen - Oliver Lauridsen

Jesper Jensen - Kasper Jensen

Stefan Lassen - Mads Bødker

Daniel Nielsen

Frederik Andersen
Patrick Galbraith

Regin will certainly not play (if not injured because of contract-issues) and Hansen will probably go far in PO with Canucks.

Other options include Frederik Storm, Christoffer Kjærgaard, Jannik Karvinen, Mads Bech Christensen, Philip Hersby.

All four C's log a lot of minutes in pk in their clubs, and generally we're deep on C. I will be angry if Eller doesn't play C - he is so much better there.

What do you think?

danishdynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 04:13 PM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Lars Eller - Frans Nielsen - Jannik Hansen

Mikkel Bødker - Peter Regin - Nicklas Hardt

Morten Madsen - Julian Jakobsen - Morten Poulsen

Mads Christensen - Jesper Jensen - Nicklas Jensen

Jesper Jensen - Stefan Lassen

Mads Bödker - Kasper Jensen

Frederik Andersen
Patrick Galbraith

Too bad this will never happen.

Last edited by landskronala: 03-30-2012 at 07:22 AM.
TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 12:03 PM
Tobias

Send a message via Skype™ to Tobias
Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post
Mikkel Bødker - Lars Eller - Jannik Hansen

Morten Madsen - Frans Nielsen - Peter Regin

Nicklas Hardt - Julian Jacobsen - Morten Poulsen

Kim Staal - Frederik Storm - Nicklas Jensen

Jesper Jensen - Kasper Jensen

Daniel Nielsen - Mads Bech Christensen

Frederik Andersen
Patrick Galbraith

Too bad this will never happen.
Julian Jakobsen and Frederik Storm above Green, the captain??

Tobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 09:36 AM
Bank

If I where Per Bäckman it would go something like this:

Frederik Andersen
Patrick Galbraith
Sebastian Dahm/Simon Nielsen

Stefan Lassen-Philip Larsen
Mads Bødker-Daniel Nielsen
Jesper Jensen-Kasper Jensen/Oliver Lauridsen/Philip Hersby/Michael Eskesen

Next in line: Simon Grønvaldt, ask Jesper Duus to play, Rasmus Nielsen, Patrick Brugisser, Jannik Christensen

Jannik Hansen-Frans Nielsen-Mikkel Bødker
Peter Regin-Lars Eller-Morten Madsen
Nicklas Jensen-Mads Christensen-Nicklas Hardt
Julian Jakobsen-Morten Green-Morten Poulsen
Jesper Jensen/Kiril Starkov/Kim Staal/Thor Dresler(Personally i think this is the year Staal's to old. He doesn't look that great in Herlev, and the locker room would be the only place he improved the Danish roster IMO)

Next in line: Lasse Lassen/Frederik Storm/Jannik Karvinen/should be Michael Smidt but apperently Bäckman insist on not using him/Morten Andreasen... Then there 5 or 6 players in the next tier and from there on it's everybody's guess.

My guess we'll have 5 NHL's there. Think Regin best shot at yet another attemt to get a healthy NHL-season is the more soft WC-tournament, and he should be ready about then, so I so no reason he couldn't be there. The rest wouldn't make their playoffs.

Best Danish WC-roster ever. My two cent

Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 09:53 AM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias View Post

I hate Green.

Old
01-13-2012, 08:24 AM
cheerupmurray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
Green have had his worst season in ages, awful Plus/minus (-13) and not producing very well. The whole team has struggled, despite being extremely stacked for a SEL-2 team but Green has certainly had his part in that slump.

Julian Jakobsen on the other hand have looked great when I have watched Södertälje this season, really getting his game together. Must be nice for him to be a very important player for his team and he is a class player in Allsvenskan.

The only edge Green has over Jakobsen is experience.

cheerupmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 03:21 AM
Tobias

Send a message via Skype™ to Tobias
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerupmurray View Post
Green have had his worst season in ages, awful Plus/minus (-13) and not producing very well. The whole team has struggled, despite being extremely stacked for a SEL-2 team but Green has certainly had his part in that slump.

Julian Jakobsen on the other hand have looked great when I have watched Södertälje this season, really getting his game together. Must be nice for him to be a very important player for his team and he is a class player in Allsvenskan.

The only edge Green has over Jakobsen is experience.
Trust me, there is no way Green is not going. And it's one bad season out of his entire career as far as i know...

Tobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 04:17 AM
Bank

Bump...

Team Denmark for the four-nation tournament in Norway:

Goalies:
Sebastian Dahm, Rødovre
Simon Nielsen, Lukko Rauma

Backs:
Stefan Lassen, Malmö
Mads Bødker, Leksand
Michael Eskesen, Odense
Mads Bech Christensen, Frederikshavn
Philip Hersby, Odense
Nicklas Hansen, EfB Ishockey
Simon Grønvaldt, Rødovre
Daniel Nielsen, Hamburg
Rasmus Nielsen, Blue Fox Herning

Forwards:
Frederik Storm, Herlev
Nichlas Hardt, Jokerit
Kim Staal, Herlev
Kirill Starkov, SønderjyskE
Christoffer Kjærgaard, SønderjyskE
Julian Jakobsen, Södertälje
Lasse Lassen, Blue Fox Herning
Morten Poulsen, Oskarshamn
Jesper Jensen, Hamburg
Jannik Karvinen, Rødovre
Bjarke Møller, AaB Ishockey
Kim Lykkeskov, SønderjyskE
Morten Andreasen, Odense

Bäckmann and Johnson is looking at every corner of the Danish league.

Lykkeskov is back. I though he said stop last year but apperently he's back. Very nice!

Noterable misses are Mads Christensen, Morten Green, Jesper Jensen and Kasper Jensen. My guess is that they've asked for some rest.

Old
02-11-2012, 08:37 PM
andersej

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post

Noterable misses are Mads Christensen, Morten Green, Jesper Jensen and Kasper Jensen. My guess is that they've asked for some rest.
Just want to add Morten Madsen to the list of notable absentees. Also, don't expect too much of Nicklas Jensen just yet. He has every chance to become a great player, but at the WC level he is still very young and unproven.

I have been following Malmö quite a bit this season and I think Green has been OK. He is not a defensive stalwart, so when the rest of the team struggles, his numbers will suffer too. He has also been up and down the lineup all season, so no real chance to develop chemistry with his linemates. Lassen started out really bad with the Redhawks, but he has been a lot better as the season has progressed. He has also benefitted from going from being paired with the completely useless Grand-Pierre (except for fighting which does not have a huge role in Swedish hockey) to being paired with Högström who is a lot more reliable. As mentioned earlier in this thread, Jakobsen has been solid. Easily one of the best players in Allsvenskan from what I have seen. I also really like the play of Kasper Jensen. He has been almost completely unnoticeable, which is not a bad thing to say about a D-man. Morten H Poulsen has been a pretty good sniper, but not so noticeable in other aspects of the game. Jesper Jensen has been good and is easily Denmark's second best D prospect after Philip Larsen. He is still young though and will be more consistent in a couple of years.

andersej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 08:52 AM
danishdynamite

Overall a good tournament from the Danish team.

Norway had all their best players available, and as far as I can see, only Zuccarello could be an addition.

Denmark on the other hand will add 10 players, and hopefully 3 or four from the NHL.

It seems like Kiril Starkov is close to a lock, and Jesper Jensen (F) also got praise from the coach.

Karvinen scored 3 goals and must be closer to making the team, but he is far from a lock.

If Larsen can play, there is very few spots to compete for on D:

Larsen, J Jensen, Bødker, Lassen, K Jensen, Nielsen are locks. With Christensen out of the picture the last spot will probably go to Hersby or Lauridsen.

On F Bødker will maybe make the PO's, but Coytes will most likely not survive the 1. round, and he should be available. Nielsen and Eller will be ready for WC barring injuries.

That gives us following locks:

Frans Nielsen, Lars Eller, Mikkel Bødker, Mads Christensen, Nicklas Hardt, Morten Green, Julian Jakobsen, Morten Madsen,

Close to locks: Starkov, Jesper Jensen, Morten Poulsen

Last two spots between: Staal, Lassen, Karvinen, Lykkeskov, Nicklas Jensen, Jannik Hansen (should canucks fail in PO)

In goal Frederik Andersen will be a lot better than whoever Italy, Norway, Germany and Latvia will play. We could even have the edge over Sweden if they go with Fasth.

All in all looking like quarterfinal.

Old
02-12-2012, 02:28 PM
smitty10

Think Oliver Lauridsen will make the team? I don't think the Phantoms are going to make the AHL playoffs.

smitty10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 09:37 PM
andersej

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Think Oliver Lauridsen will make the team? I don't think the Phantoms are going to make the AHL playoffs.
I don't know. I just think that he'd have to show up early at the National Team camp leading up to the WC in order to get a shot. I would not be comfortable bringing him to the Worlds if he doesn't get a long look beforehand. His strengths and weaknesses don't seem very well suited for the European rules and the big ice surface.

Philip Larsen
Mads Bødker
Jesper Jensen
Stefan Lassen
Kasper Jensen
Daniel Nielsen

All of the above should be locks if healthy (and in Larsen's case available). I am not comfortable with Hersby or Lauridsen at this point, but with Mads Bech Christensen out of the picture, there aren't too many options for the last D-man spot(s). I suspect Hersby will get a spot if he rebounds well after returning to Denmark. Other options would be Grønvaldt, if he too rebounds upon returning home. Or Eskesen, or maybe even Bruggisser.

Knowing NT Coach Bäckman, I expect him to play it safe and go with Hersby.

Old
02-13-2012, 10:28 AM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersej View Post
but with Mads Bech Christensen out of the picture,

What?

Old
02-13-2012, 12:37 PM
andersej

Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post
What?
Mads Bech Christensen is no longer part of the National Team:

http://translate.google.com/translat...n-back&act=url

Old
02-16-2012, 04:15 AM
Bank

Morten Madsen and Frederik Andersen were not there due to... well being SEL'ers and thus locks. Don't expect to see them on the National Team again until it's getting serious.

Not sure why Kasper Jensen would be a lock? He ahead of others, sure, but a lock? In my eyes Daniel Nielsen, Philip Larsen, Stefan Lassen, Jesper Jensen and Mads Boedker are locks.

Then there's two spots to fight for amongst Kasper Jensen, Oliver Lauridsen, Philip Hersby, Michael Eskesen. Longshots could be, as mentioned, Gronvaldt, Brugisser and Rasmus Nielsen. My money's on Kasper Jensen and Michael Eskesen atm.

On the forward side I'd go with the 9 locks, Morten Poulsen, Nicklas Jensen and two of Lassen/Dresler/Karvinen/Lykkeskov/Degn/Staal/Starkov/Storm.

Not sure if Degn and Dresler have lazed 'em NT-wise yet but if they're willing they'll be in the mix. I'd go with Lassen and Dresler - if he's good to go - but that's just me. Lassen because he offers the best offense, Dresler the best defense. Karvinen, Degn and Lykkeskov could change my mind. I'm sceptical towards Starkov and Staal.

Old
02-16-2012, 03:13 PM
danishdynamite

Kasper Jensen played great last WC and he play for a topteam in allsvenskan. He must be miles ahead any of the players from the Danish league.

I hope Lauridsen get the last spot.

Karvinen >> Lassen in my opinion. Starkov is a lock (edit: or very close http://www.sporten.dk/ishockey/kiril...kov-er-vm-klar) - like it or not - but I agree about Staal. His time on the NT is over.

Last edited by danishdynamite: 02-16-2012 at 03:19 PM.
Old
02-18-2012, 08:03 AM
andersej

Quote:
Not sure why Kasper Jensen would be a lock? He ahead of others, sure, but a lock? In my eyes Daniel Nielsen, Philip Larsen, Stefan Lassen, Jesper Jensen and Mads Boedker are locks.

I'm sceptical towards Starkov and Staal.
I think Kasper Jensen should be a lock. Not spectacular in any way, but just plain solid. As for Starkov, I think he should be included. I'm afraid it's just another example of how much better the Allsvenskan is compared to the Danish league. Last season, I would even have considered Karvinen for the NT while he was playing in Div. 1 in Sweden with Kristianstad...

Starkov struggled while at Rögle, but he has 2G 4A in 4GP with Sønderjyske so far. That's not bad, especially if he is not yet in top shape following the departure from Rögle. And with Starkov, he always seems to be better towards the end of the season than at the beginning.

The usually reliable source MrMadhawk is reporting that Oskarshamn is interested in signing Starkov for next season.

Old
03-02-2012, 03:50 AM
Bank

No doubt Kasper Jensen will properbly be there. And he should. But a lock? Aaaarh... not really. He provides some solid 3rd pair qualities. He's a fine PK'er, physical, gap-control etc. etc. But it not like it's unthinkable he could be replaced. Don't think he will though.

No doubt he should go for another year in Sweden but Starkov's just a bad fit for the role he would be playing at the WC. No top 6 or top 9-time for him. Just 4th line duties... I like Dresler(Textbook 4th line center) and Lasse Lassen(A wee bit more grit and teamspirit then Starkov) better. With the playoff Kasper Degn is having I would have him above Starkov to. But nice to have so many options

Old
03-02-2012, 03:55 AM
Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishdynamite View Post
Starkov is a lock (edit: or very close http://www.sporten.dk/ishockey/kiril...kov-er-vm-klar) - like it or not - but I agree about Staal. His time on the NT is over.
That article doesn't say anywhere he's a lock. It says he's impressing Bäckmann. VM-ready as in he has put on more kiloes... Although it looks like Peter Fredsberg think he will be there and that's a pretty good indication he will... ugh

Old
03-13-2012, 06:36 AM
Bank

Thor Dresler won't be there due to his education... Fourth line center spot open.

Old
03-13-2012, 02:53 PM
danishdynamite

Quote:
Thor Dresler won't be there due to his education... Fourth line center spot open.
1. Eller
2. Nielsen
3. Jakobsen
4. Green

What spot?

Old
03-14-2012, 03:56 PM
danishdynamite

Staal is officially out. Not good enough according to coach - and he is right.

Old
03-14-2012, 05:16 PM
Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishdynamite View Post
1. Eller
2. Nielsen
3. Jakobsen
4. Green

What spot?
Don't think Green will be on the fourth line. Beside the fact he's the captain and has great chemestry with some of the other guys, he has allways come through for Team Denmark at theese tournaments. Last three tournaments he's been one of the five most producing forwards

Further down I had Nicklas Jensen pegged as a third liner, but that's not gonna happen IMO. Changed my mind on that one...

I think there's a center spot open. Jesper Jensen could be it but I also think he'll be higher on the depth chart.

Old
03-16-2012, 05:43 AM
Bank

Allright the race has begun... The first roster have been selected:

Goalies:
Sebastian Dahm, Rodovre, age 25
Christian Moller, Esbjerg, age 23

Dahm has a shot at the spot as a third goalie. Moller is the second best avaliable.

D-men:
Stefan Lassen, Malmo, age 26
Simon Gronvaldt, Rodovre, age 21
Emil Kristensen, Esbjerg, age 19
Philip Bruggisser, Esbjerg, age 20
Jannik Christensen, Esbjerg, age 19
Christoffer Pedersen, Copenhagen, age 22
Mark Müller, Frederikshavn, age 19

Lassen's a lock. Gronvaldt, Bruggisser and Christensen has a tiny tiny shot at making the team but they'd have to put up something amazing in this camp. All of them - with the exception of Lassen - have been selected with the purpose of checking up on their devolpment and seeing who's the next generations Kasper Jensen, Michael Eskesen, Mads Bech etc.

Forwards:
Morten Green, Malmo, age 30
Julian Jakobsen, Södertalje, age 24
Morten Poulsen, Oskerhamn, age 23
Rasmus Astrup, Rodovre, age 26
Mathias Bau, Rodovre, age 18
Jannik Karvinen, Rodovre, age 25
Sune Hjulmand, Esbjerg, age 23
Nikolaj Rosenthal, Copenhagen, age 20
Sebastian Svendsen, Copenhagen, age 20
Nicklas Carlsen, Copenhagen, age 21
Steffen Klarskov, Frederikshavn, age 21
Frederik Storm, Herlev, age 23

Green and Jakobsen are locks. Poulsen is most likely in. Karvinen, Hjulmand(very smalle chance) and Storm has a shot.

I'm loving the fact that Klarskov and Bau are in. Two hardworking, talented, young forwards that play hockey with heart and soul. Both guys who should be in Sweden within a year or two. Svendsen and Rosenthal had a impressive end to the season as well. Would love to them compete for at spot in a couple of years.

On the other hand I don't get why Astrup is there... at all. He's a nice player and all, but is he a candidate for the team or is he there because they they think he'll be a candidate the years to come? He doesn't fit the bottom-line description at all. He most likely ain't getting any better.

Why not bring in Kim Staal and use him as a training dummy - let him talk to the press since he's very popular in Denmark, let him set the tone in the locker room, let show what's needed. Or bring in Michael Smidt. He's had his best year in a long IMO. He fits the bottom line description perfectly...

But hey. Nice to see Astrup getting rewarded for a good season. He's a great guy by the way

Old
03-17-2012, 12:02 PM
Jevo

The selection of Bau makes me hope that Bäckman will consider selecting Nicklas Jensen for the WC roster. I believe he has the skill level to get a place on the team in my eyes. He has developed at lot since leaving Denmark and I believe he would be the highest scoring Dane in the league if he still played there. And don't get fooled by numbers, he has not stagnated since last year, but his team is much worse this year, but every report from Oshawa says he's developed.

Just for good measure, in the NHL Nielsen and Eller are more or less locks to play right now unless they get any injuries. Regin is still injured and won't play. Hansen and the Canucks will probably go deep in the playoffs, so he shouldn't be counted on. Bødker and Nielsen could still miss the playoffs, but I doubt both of them do, hopefully they'll have an early exit.

Jevo is offline   Reply With Quote