HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

San Jose

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-13-2012, 02:18 PM
  #76
Bench
Moderator
Realgud!
 
Bench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Monk's
Posts: 7,226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
Vancouver might be the team.
I hate the Sedins.
I love/hate Burrows.
I love/hate Kesler.

I actually like a lot of guys on that team.
But the Sedins...I despise.
I was implying the Wings to mess with you. But I know you're actually a fan, because in the "rate the Wings" thread you were like... super positive. It was weird how high your scores were given your posts. "This guy is terrible and overrated... I'll give him an 8." I'm exaggerating, but you get the idea.

What bothers me about Vancouver is that they are a HIGHLY skilled team, like the Wings. But instead of just letting their skill do the work, they have a team full of divers. They seriously don't need to play like that to win, but they do it to get any possible edge. It's pretty annoying.

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 02:29 PM
  #77
TradeBait
Registered User
 
TradeBait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
Which is more relevant to how this team will do in the playoffs? 2008? or 2010? Or 2011?
I think the obvious answer is the most recent years.
Sure, the more recent ones may be more relevant, but when I see you group the entire 2008 playoff run as completely irrelevent, then go look at the 2009, 2010 and 2011 runs and conclude with certainty that the Sharks have looked better, and we really have the same/more reason to panic as they do I can't help but question your thinking?

Do you really think both cores changed THAT much from the 2008 playoffs to the 2009 playoffs to the extent that the 2008 playoffs shouldn't be brought up in debate yet the '09 run can be used as evidence to support the Sharks?

To me at least, its obvious your reason for all this is simply, when talking with Wings fans, you must say something to get them rattled up. Similarly I'm sure if you were on the Sharks board you would be aruguing this same topic with a very different tone.

TradeBait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 02:31 PM
  #78
HockeyinHD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,939
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
I just said I think the Wings can win the division. I am sure that falls on deaf ears.
Right, but this is all stuff you are saying now, in the face of legitimate claims regarding your bias, in an attempt to shortcircuit those claims.

Quote:
When after the Wings lost to the Ducks, everyone was crying and complaining and bashing, I was the first guy to post "good showing red wings, this is a team that can win the cup."
And the next year they did.
Of course, in that postseason precisely how many times did you pick the Wings to win a series?

Quote:
But when I call Kronwall a gutless punk, people go crazy.
Because that's a ridiculous, incendiary opinion which is a function of your pro-fighting bias.

Quote:
Many of the things I've said that were controversial
Datsyuk is better defensively than Zetterberg ...
Rafalski's defense is mediocre ...
Lang is lazy
Schneider's defense sucks
Jason Williams sucks

Eventually became commonly accepted by a large portion of the fanbase.
Many proved to be wrong.
this team is doomed with Ozzie in goal
Franzen is no Freddie Modin
Notice your examples. 1 positive one (Datsyuk) and 5 negative ones.

Seems like about the right ratio to your comments, really.

Again, this is mostly just a situation where your standards in how you treat the Wings are noticeably different than how you treat other clubs, and that's always been a point of amusement with me. You've gone after the Wings as recently as this year because you didn't like how they built the team and you criticize the franchise all the time.

Then, when the Sharks are barely squeaking into the playoffs, enh... it's all good. As long as they get into the playoffs they'll be a dangerous club.

If Detroit was sitting in SJ's place you'd be advocating for the firing of everybody.

HockeyinHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 02:49 PM
  #79
TradeBait
Registered User
 
TradeBait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyinHD View Post
If Detroit was sitting in SJ's place you'd be advocating for the firing of everybody.
...buyout Franzen, hope Columbus feels generous so we can flip Z for a conditional 5th rounder, send everyone 30+ to GR and finally send KH to "Happy Days Retirement Home: For the Sick and Senile"...you get the point

TradeBait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 02:55 PM
  #80
obey86
Registered User
 
obey86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyinHD View Post
Right, but this is all stuff you are saying now, in the face of legitimate claims regarding your bias, in an attempt to shortcircuit those claims.



Of course, in that postseason precisely how many times did you pick the Wings to win a series?



Because that's a ridiculous, incendiary opinion which is a function of your pro-fighting bias.



Notice your examples. 1 positive one (Datsyuk) and 5 negative ones.

Seems like about the right ratio to your comments, really.


Again, this is mostly just a situation where your standards in how you treat the Wings are noticeably different than how you treat other clubs, and that's always been a point of amusement with me. You've gone after the Wings as recently as this year because you didn't like how they built the team and you criticize the franchise all the time.

Then, when the Sharks are barely squeaking into the playoffs, enh... it's all good. As long as they get into the playoffs they'll be a dangerous club.

If Detroit was sitting in SJ's place you'd be advocating for the firing of everybody.
hahahaha


obey86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 03:13 PM
  #81
icKx
What now?
 
icKx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 2,464
vCash: 500
It's about the right ratio to all comments on this board, all threads on this board and on all sports-related sites on the internet.

If people weren't permitted to ***** these kind of forums would be dead like Disco.

icKx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 03:21 PM
  #82
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINISHYOURMILK View Post
Sure, the more recent ones may be more relevant, but when I see you group the entire 2008 playoff run as completely irrelevent, then go look at the 2009, 2010 and 2011 runs and conclude with certainty that the Sharks have looked better, and we really have the same/more reason to panic as they do I can't help but question your thinking?
Keep in mind what we are talking about.
First, I do not believe the Wings should panic. The point is that the Sharks management shouldn't either.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 03:23 PM
  #83
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINISHYOURMILK View Post
...buyout Franzen, hope Columbus feels generous so we can flip Z for a conditional 5th rounder, send everyone 30+ to GR and finally send KH to "Happy Days Retirement Home: For the Sick and Senile"...you get the point
I don't particularly like Franzen, but I would not suggest buying him out.
My recommendations in the offseason usually involve upgrading players like Ericsson or Holmstrom or Bertuzzi.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 03:53 PM
  #84
ZDH
Registered User
 
ZDH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,320
vCash: 500
Woops gd computer


Last edited by ZDH: 03-13-2012 at 04:00 PM.
ZDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 04:41 PM
  #85
HockeyinHD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,939
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by icKx View Post
It's about the right ratio to all comments on this board, all threads on this board and on all sports-related sites on the internet.

If people weren't permitted to ***** these kind of forums would be dead like Disco.
Look, if your point is that this board has trolls on it just like every other board has trolls on it, I totally agree.

The difference here is that certain posters are trying to present their 'selective negativity' as soundly-considered opinion.

HockeyinHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 05:09 PM
  #86
icKx
What now?
 
icKx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 2,464
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyinHD View Post
Look, if your point is that this board has trolls on it just like every other board has trolls on it, I totally agree.
The point is that this board has an element negativity on it just like every other board has that same element.

Quote:
The difference here is that certain posters are trying to present their 'selective negativity' as soundly-considered opinion.
Cry more man

icKx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 11:54 PM
  #87
Ricelund
We like our team.
 
Ricelund's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Detroit, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 5,009
vCash: 500
SJ lost to Calgary in OT tonight.


Ricelund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 11:55 PM
  #88
Filppula
Jurks
 
Filppula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice View Post
SJ lost to Calgary in OT tonight.

So they're tied on points now, right?

Who would've thought!

Filppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 12:39 AM
  #89
ZDH
Registered User
 
ZDH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,320
vCash: 500
Serves them right, Burns is essentially a forward playing defense....way to give up Seto and Coyle for him...they are gonna regret that for years

And heater for havlat....pfffffffff brutal

Pretty obvious that they were going to be worse this year

ZDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 09:10 PM
  #90
GentlemanMasher*
Registered Abuser
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: Ajman
Posts: 906
vCash: 500
I remember sheer panic when they gave away what they did and got Burns and Havlat back. No one was thinking about what they gave away, even Babs to an extent was a little ticked. We were just tunnel vision'd in on what they got in return. Because we coveted one of them. Just like the Wisniewski thing, time has settled that debate. The Sharks look lost and suddenly they're not so "stacked" anymore when they have a less skilled, overpaid more injury prone forward and a power forward playing D. Whoopity doo.

I do think the losses hurt but I also think teams like this come and go all the time. They're divers playing hope hockey. You can only lay on the ice and whine at officials for so long before it stops working. Damn near the whole team does it. It's cringe-worthy watching them desperately try to turn a good game into a PP contest because that's the only way they can beat the good teams. It starts from the top down. The coach is a gutless coward who encourages this BS (glad he's gone). The captain is just a bigger version of Sidney Crosby, diving and lobbying to officials. The lower level guys do it when they see the captain doing it. It's pathetic. You can't hope to win and hope for help. They're losing now for this same reason they eventually lost in the playoffs every single season and always will if it keeps up.

GentlemanMasher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.