HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Tank baby Habs lose 3-2 OT

Old
03-13-2012, 11:17 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 500
Pretty clear that Bourque will be the next goat in Montreal

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 11:30 AM
izzak
Rookie User

Send a message via MSN to izzak Send a message via Skype™ to izzak
Yeah i doubt we would see Bourque going for 25 goals, MAYBE with the exception of an healthy Gionta and a streaky Plekanec.

He's been very disapointing !! Pierre Gauthier, i'm trying hard to not hate you right now

izzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 11:32 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I agree Kriss, but for example the Oilers, Islanders and Jackets for example don't have a foundation like we have right now, they didn't have great young players like Price, Pacioretty, Subban to build with. Those teams started from scratch, we already have something in place, and I want to add a great player to that, not a mediocre one. That's all, it's my opinion you or others don't have to agree with it but IMO we won't be fighting for a lottery spot every year, this is our chance and the closest we have been in so long so let's take advantage, that's all

And yes management needs to be fired April 8th, I don't care if it's Easter

Gainey and Gauthier, DEHORS TABARNAC
Yes, I understand the other teams didn't start with Price, PK, MaxPac, but they should have had some key pieces by now. I think it's been 2-3 years now that the Isles keep saying this is the year. I think it was last year, they started on fire, were at the top of the conference, and then bunjee jumped down.

So ya, adding a guy like Yakupov would help our offense a lot. No doubt about it. But then, our management just destroyed our strength coming into this season, which was our top 9 depth. So, what makes you think that wouldn't happen again? Maybe next year, Plek has a poor year, lowers his value completely, gets moved in a crap return trade. Maybe we keep Gomez and Kaberle. Maybe our defense stays just as bad. Maybe management ruins the draft pick like we have so many times before.

What I'm saying, in a nut shell, is that the most important thing is that management gets the boot, and considering PG was allowed to make all those moves, especially the AK one, I'm not overly convinced Molson will clean house.
It seems pretty obvious to me that it is a must-make move, but the AK deal is leaving me perplexed.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 11:37 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

I think we all knew what kind of player we were getting with Rene Bourque, but he's the kind of player that HAS to play with a very creative linemate, because he won't create his own opprtunities, he's like AK, but the odd explosion of skill isn't there like it's for AK.

Bourque needs to play with Desharnais.

I suggest:

Bourque Desharnais Cole
Pacioretty Plekanec Geoffrion

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 12:10 PM
bravehab

Send a message via MSN to bravehab
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
"Bourkov"?

bravehab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 12:13 PM
Et le But

I wouldn't mind seeing Bourque with Desharnais, to see if our best playmaker can force him to be involved. I wish one of Pacioretty or Bourque could play on the right, because I like what I have seen of Cole and Plekanec lately.

Did Markov really blame himself for the loss? And people say he's not a leader.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 01:33 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing Bourque with Desharnais, to see if our best playmaker can force him to be involved. I wish one of Pacioretty or Bourque could play on the right, because I like what I have seen of Cole and Plekanec lately.

Did Markov really blame himself for the loss? And people say he's not a leader.
Bourque has played RW fairly often in the past.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 01:37 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
I think we all knew what kind of player we were getting with Rene Bourque, but he's the kind of player that HAS to play with a very creative linemate, because he won't create his own opprtunities, he's like AK, but the odd explosion of skill isn't there like it's for AK.

Bourque needs to play with Desharnais.

I suggest:

Bourque Desharnais Cole
Pacioretty Plekanec Geoffrion
Bet that with a coach, something along those lines would have been tried and we would be closer to two decent lines by now...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 01:39 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Bet that with a coach, something along those lines would have been tried and we would be closer to two decent lines by now...
But at the same time and not to RC defense but why must he break up the line that's been playing great hockey all year. Why can't he try different things with the rest of the lineup and use the other 6 forwards to shake things up

Old
03-13-2012, 01:42 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
But at the same time and not to RC defense but why must he break up the line that's been playing great hockey all year. Why can't he try different things with the rest of the lineup and use the other 6 forwards to shake things up
Ottawa constantly broke up the Heatley-Spezza-Alfredsson line to get offense from other people and give a tougher matchup situation to the opposing coach. Right now, Spezza and Alfredsson mostly play on different lines (Michalek-Spezza, Turris-Alfredsson).

There's just no point in keeping one line together when you're constantly losing and one of the reasons is lack of secondary scoring. Try to get other people more involved.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 01:49 PM
The Doors

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Bourque - Plekanec - Kostitsyn

It was so simple

The Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 01:52 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
this line you're speaking of isnt making us win... and there's so much shaking up you can do when the other wingers arent talented enough...

as we stand, next season we'll be a 1 line team again... why not try things with players talented enough so we can end up with TWO decent lines, you know...

(well, unless you're onw of those who think our 1st rounder will be a top 6 player right away and get 70 pts)

Old
03-13-2012, 02:15 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
this line you're speaking of isnt making us win... and there's so much shaking up you can do when the other wingers arent talented enough...

as we stand, next season we'll be a 1 line team again... why not try things with players talented enough so we can end up with TWO decent lines, you know...

(well, unless you're onw of those who think our 1st rounder will be a top 6 player right away and get 70 pts)
They got us the 5 out of 8 pts on this trip

I agree things need to be done, maybe add another top 6 player to the Plekanec line or else Bourque will be nothing but a 3rd liner

Old
03-13-2012, 02:32 PM
habitue*

Quote:

I agree things need to be done, maybe add another top 6 player to the Plekanec line or else Bourque will be nothing but a 3rd liner
His name is GIONTA !

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 03:01 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC93 View Post
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Bourque - Plekanec - Kostitsyn

It was so simple
You mean Bourque - Plekanec - 2nd from Nashville? I don't see many goals from that unknown second but AK has already scored 3 for Nashville. That was a trade that shouldn't have been made. Now fans will complin that the Habs are a 1-lineteam.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 03:16 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:

Yup, they did (minus the time Plekanec replaced DD)... but you know what... I'm looking at the standings right now and...

well, you know...

Old
03-13-2012, 03:17 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
You mean Bourque - Plekanec - 2nd from Nashville? I don't see many goals from that unknown second but AK has already scored 3 for Nashville. That was a trade that shouldn't have been made. Now fans will complin that the Habs are a 1-lineteam.
4 if you add the SO (and GWG) in last Nashville game

Old
03-13-2012, 03:18 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
His name is GIONTA !
I don't know why but I always forget about Brian. I like the guy but this year it's like if he doesn't even play on the team. I constantly keep forgetting about him

Old
03-13-2012, 03:20 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Yup, they did (minus the time Plekanec replaced DD)... but you know what... I'm looking at the standings right now and...

well, you know...
I understand your point and it's valid, just that I would think the coach would switch things up faster with the other 9 forwards. Try to find something, move a center to wing do something really. Anyways I think they will keep that line intact the rest of the year and maybe makes changes next season depending on who is back next year/new players and hopefully a complete new personnel of coaches and management team

Old
03-13-2012, 03:24 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
I understand your point and it's valid, just that I would think the coach would switch things up faster with the other 9 forwards. Try to find something, move a center to wing do something really. Anyways I think they will keep that line intact the rest of the year and maybe makes changes next season depending on who is back next year/new players and hopefully a complete new personnel of coaches and management team
White, Geoffrion, Gomez, Bourque, Eller, Nokelainen, Staubitz, Leblanc, Palushaj...

it's not like there's that many possibilities to create a 2nd offensive line...

lest not forget Cammy, AK and Gionta arent there to end the season...

Old
03-13-2012, 03:49 PM
zzoo

Bourque is our new whipping boy !

Oh boy, how long we should stick with that guy ?

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 04:27 PM
la25ecoupe

P DD C
Bourque Plek Gomez
Geoffrion Eller Leblanc
White Noke Bourque

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 04:30 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
P DD C
Bourque Plek Gomez
Geoffrion Eller Leblanc
White Noke Bourque
What a ****ing nightmare... Will it end someday ?

Old
03-13-2012, 04:31 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
Bourque is our new whipping boy !

Oh boy, how long we should stick with that guy ?
Ship him to Anaheim with our 1st pick for Ryan ? or to Columbus for Nash ?

Old
03-13-2012, 05:10 PM
SB164

Dave Stubbs ‏ @habsinsideout1

Habs Pacioretty raves about Gorges's shot-blocking for good reason. Gorges leads NHL w/ 199. Max ranks 356th among all skaters w/ 28

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote