HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Scott Clemmensen Contract?

Old
03-10-2012, 08:35 AM
Fader

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Jose Theodore has given this team Vezina-caliber goaltending this year.
Not even close to vezina... 18 wins and barely a .900 save %. Having a good year is one thing, putting him in that conversation is not even sensible. Don't get me wrong im happy with him, just dont think he's the one to take us to a cup!

Fader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 08:38 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

I will be surprised if clemmer starts again.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 10:09 AM
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fader View Post
Not even close to vezina... 18 wins and barely a .900 save %. Having a good year is one thing, putting him in that conversation is not even sensible. Don't get me wrong im happy with him, just dont think he's the one to take us to a cup!
.917 is in no way "barely a .900 save %." Theodore has been absolutely terrific for this team and has been a huge part of this team's success to date.

StrangeVision is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 11:38 AM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
If we clinch a spot he'll definitely get some games. If Theo falters at all down the stretch, Clemmer will get a start.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 12:49 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
If we clinch a spot he'll definitely get some games. If Theo falters at all down the stretch, Clemmer will get a start.
Agree on both.

And clemmer has done all that can be expected.

I believe though Dineen is at the point of its theo team to get us in or not.

Old
03-10-2012, 01:13 PM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Theodore was terrific all season..and especially the 18 wins.. He could have easily had 23-25 but because of this terrible offense it wont happen!

Boothinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 05:19 PM
Erick

Quote:
How is a .917 save% "barely a .900 save%?"

Also, his .917 save% isn't even indicative of how well he's truly played. His even-strength save% is at 93%. Even-strength save % is said to be a better way to evaluate goalies because PK's are largely based on systems/smaller sample stats. If our PK wasn't a joke, Theodore's save % would be even better. His even-strength play this year currently qualifies as elite.

And 18-13-7 is pretty good for a team that can't score.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 06:16 PM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Jose's 35 years old and Dineen is trying to split time with his goalies so they don't get worn out. The fact you said he has "barely a 900 save %" shows your a troll. And the Panthers didn't sign a goalie for 1.5 million to bring them to a cup. Although if our team could score more than 1 goal a game, I'm sure they could win a cup with Jose playing the way he has. Go troll somewhere else buddy.

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 06:19 PM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Theo should play almost all the games. I'm just worried he'll get hurt if we play him for a long stretch.

Old
03-11-2012, 09:57 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fader;45830269[B
]Not even close to vezina[/B]... 18 wins and barely a .900 save %. Having a good year is one thing, putting him in that conversation is not even sensible. Don't get me wrong im happy with him, just dont think he's the one to take us to a cup!
He keeps up this stellar pace of the last 2 games, you may be eating these words

Old
03-12-2012, 05:57 AM
Panthers are Red
Why so sad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
Theo should play almost all the games. I'm just worried he'll get hurt if we play him for a long stretch.
Jovo is doing his best to injure Theo from what I have seen in the last couple of games. Let's hope that doesn't continue as Theo is playing some great hockey.

Panthers are Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 08:22 AM
Fader

Sorry, after watching some of the saves he made last night i have already eaten my words. He looked great last night, Hope he can be that one goalie every year that goes playoff crazy. He is hot at the right time. Still not a vezina caliber "yet" tho

Fader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 03:54 PM
p9ers

With the way Lundqvist has played this year, talking about the Vezina is a moot point imo.

p9ers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 04:09 PM
Erick

I said Vezina-caliber, not "Jose Theodore deserves the Vezina." I'm just saying that, when healthy, Theodore has played very well. That's basically what I meant.

Also, had he stayed healthy, he'd probably be in the ~25 win range, at least, by now.

He's played very well. The Panthers wouldn't be in a playoff spot if not for his goaltending.

As good as Lundqvist is, he also plays for a much better team this year. (not taking anything away from him, he deserves the Vezina and is definitely elite)

Old
03-12-2012, 07:43 PM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
I said Vezina-caliber, not "Jose Theodore deserves the Vezina." I'm just saying that, when healthy, Theodore has played very well. That's basically what I meant.

Also, had he stayed healthy, he'd probably be in the ~25 win range, at least, by now.

He's played very well. The Panthers wouldn't be in a playoff spot if not for his goaltending.

As good as Lundqvist is, he also plays for a much better team this year. (not taking anything away from him, he deserves the Vezina and is definitely elite)
Don't worry Erick. Most people with half a brain no what you mean when you say vezina caliber. I hate when people try to play me for a fool when I use that term. Theodore has zero chance at a vezina but he deserves it big time.

Old
03-12-2012, 09:14 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers are Red View Post
Jovo is doing his best to injure Theo from what I have seen in the last couple of games. Let's hope that doesn't continue as Theo is playing some great hockey.
He was trying earlier in the season too.

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 11:08 PM
p9ers

Quote:
Don't worry Erick. Most people with half a brain no what you mean when you say vezina caliber. I hate when people try to play me for a fool when I use that term. Theodore has zero chance at a vezina but he deserves it big time.
To me, his GAA is too high to be consider a vezina caliber year. He's having a great year, but not top 5 in the league type of year.

Old
03-12-2012, 11:29 PM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by p9ers View Post
To me, his GAA is too high to be consider a vezina caliber year. He's having a great year, but not top 5 in the league type of year.
Man, you still don't get it. I guess I'll just have to shake my head and walk away.

Old
03-13-2012, 10:33 AM
p9ers

Quote:
Man, you still don't get it. I guess I'll just have to shake my head and walk away.
Indeed I don't because you have never defined what's a "vezina caliber year". If it's like Erick said and you consider "playing very well" to be it, ok. But you guys have low standards, I'd have difficulties calling a vezina caliber year for ten of goalies a year.

Old
03-13-2012, 05:38 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by p9ers View Post
Indeed I don't because you have never defined what's a "vezina caliber year". If it's like Erick said and you consider "playing very well" to be it, ok. But you guys have low standards, I'd have difficulties calling a vezina caliber year for ten of goalies a year.
I consider carrying your team to be Vezina caliber.

Also, this is probably a terrible year to say it because goaltenders, in general, are playing very well this year.

Still though, I can't think of a handful of goalies who have been more important to their team's success, which is basically what I was trying to say.

It's a shame he got injured.

And I don't think his GAA is too high at all. It's right in line with the likes of Rinne, Kipper, Tim Thomas, etc. this year. Theodore's main issue this year has been health, not caliber of play.

Old
03-13-2012, 07:47 PM
p9ers

Ok, I can do with this definition, carrying your team. Maybe it just translate better in my head.

I guess I wouldn't have that much trouble with is GAA if our scoring was better.

Old
03-14-2012, 05:56 AM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
I consider carrying your team to be Vezina caliber.

Also, this is probably a terrible year to say it because goaltenders, in general, are playing very well this year.

Still though, I can't think of a handful of goalies who have been more important to their team's success, which is basically what I was trying to say.

It's a shame he got injured.

And I don't think his GAA is too high at all. It's right in line with the likes of Rinne, Kipper, Tim Thomas, etc. this year. Theodore's main issue this year has been health, not caliber of play.
I think Theo's play is more "Hart" like than anything.