HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Save Our Leafs

Closed Thread

Old
11-13-2003, 10:30 AM
womenshockeyfan

vCash: 500
Save Our Leafs

I posted this in the AHL section and would like to post it here as well:

http://************************/sjleafs/petition.html

Old
11-13-2003, 10:42 AM
Shawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by womenshockeyfan
I posted this in the AHL section and would like to post it here as well:

http://************************/sjleafs/petition.html
I would like to see them move so that I could go to the games.

Old
11-13-2003, 10:50 AM
Frankie

this is ridiculous. its two years before the deal ends. i don't see why this is getting so much attention. the leafs will put the farm team wherever they can get the best financial deal, which is most likely st.johns'

Old
11-13-2003, 04:34 PM
monkey_00*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie
this is ridiculous. its two years before the deal ends. i don't see why this is getting so much attention. the leafs will put the farm team wherever they can get the best financial deal, which is most likely st.johns'
Frankie.....

My understanding here is there's not that many AHL teams out East any more and it's costing the baby leafs alot of money to travel.......They would like to come back to the Southern Ontario market like in St.Catherines where they once were already for example........As well, Leafs aren't to happy about the fact that the Montreal Canadiens have decided to put their farm team right in the heart of Maple Leafs territory in Hamilton Ontario and may want to counter that by placing a team near Hamilton like in St.Kitts.

monkey_00

Old
11-14-2003, 06:27 AM
Shawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_00
Frankie.....

My understanding here is there's not that many AHL teams out East any more and it's costing the baby leafs alot of money to travel.......They would like to come back to the Southern Ontario market like in St.Catherines where they once were already for example........As well, Leafs aren't to happy about the fact that the Montreal Canadiens have decided to put their farm team right in the heart of Maple Leafs territory in Hamilton Ontario and may want to counter that by placing a team near Hamilton like in St.Kitts.

monkey_00

I thought the Oilers had placed their farm team in Hamilton.

Old
11-14-2003, 06:29 AM
Epoch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn
I thought the Oilers had placed their farm team in Hamilton.
Oilers have their own AHL team in T.O!!!

Old
11-14-2003, 08:50 AM
Joey24

Send a message via ICQ to Joey24
Newfoundland is so far from the other hockey venues it's kinda strange Toronto even placed a team that far east. Because the amount of fan base they thought they would gain they would spend much more in travel then other destinations that could have been chosen.

Old
11-14-2003, 09:30 AM
Frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey24
Newfoundland is so far from the other hockey venues it's kinda strange Toronto even placed a team that far east. Because the amount of fan base they thought they would gain they would spend much more in travel then other destinations that could have been chosen.
toronto doesn't pay for the baby leafs travel costs. the costs are split between st.john's and the ahl travel fund, which is new since they have other far reaching teams like san antonio, houston, winnipeg, utah. etc.

st.john's travel costs have no impact on the toronto maple leafs.

Old
11-15-2003, 01:11 PM
Stephen

As much as it would be a shame for St. John's to lose their team, I don't think it ever made much sense to have the team based out there. If the Leafs minor hockey team were in Southern Ontario, Michigan or upstate New York, they'd be able to monitor their prospects much more closely and would be able to recall them and have guys up with the big club much more easily.

Old
11-15-2003, 02:11 PM
sluggo*

It makes more sense to have the Baby leafs in or near T.O anyway. If they were playing when the T.O Leafs I think a lot of Leaf fans would either go to the games or watch them T.V (assuming a local station picked them up). In the past they didn't have that many good prospects so people didn't go, but now that they have a player like Colaiacovo who a lot of Leaf wants like and want to see as a Leaf I think they'd do well in TO. It would give fans a chance to follow the players from the AHL to the NHL, make them more awear of whos in the system etc....

Old
11-15-2003, 02:29 PM
Rand

I feel sorry for St. Johns fans that may lose their team, but at the same time I'm reluctant to sign the petition as I'm not at all sure that St. Johns is the best or even necessarily a good location for Toronto's farm team.