HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Max Pacioretty candidate for Bill Masterton trophy

Old
03-13-2012, 11:13 PM
Habs Junkie

vCash: 500
Congrats Paciorretty!

What a season by the kid! Comes back after a LIFE threatening injury and scores 30 so far. Creates the Max Paciorretty foundation to help MONTREALERS who suffer from brain trauma injuries. Spends countless hours with sick children at the hospital. A real role model for the youth.

Desharnais is having a great season too but in no way can compare to Paches. Basu, Gagnon and Godin who publicly said that DD should get the award due to "definition" of the award are talking out of their ***** and catering to their moronic readers. What Max Paciorretty has done this season IS the definition of the award, don't let these idiots fool you.

Habs Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 11:16 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

This is my surprised face :|

Any word on who he's running against?

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 11:26 PM
Emanresu Wen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
This is my surprised face :|

Any word on who he's running against?
I'd imagine Crosby.. and Crosby winning it

Emanresu Wen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 11:56 PM
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
Congrats Paciorretty!

What a season by the kid! Comes back after a LIFE threatening injury and scores 30 so far. Creates the Max Paciorretty foundation to help MONTREALERS who suffer from brain trauma injuries. Spends countless hours with sick children at the hospital. A real role model for the youth.

Desharnais is having a great season too but in no way can compare to Paches. Basu, Gagnon and Godin who publicly said that DD should get the award due to "definition" of the award are talking out of their ***** and catering to their moronic readers. What Max Paciorretty has done this season IS the definition of the award, don't let these idiots fool you.
Arpon Basu said it as well? Jeez.

Anyone else find that Basu's become pretty irrelevant since he joined LHN.com (the French version of NHL.com)? I believe he mentioned that he took a job as a managing editor, and I fully understand it's a step-up career wise, but I doubt anyone goes on the official website of the NHL for some inspired reading on hockey, much less the French version of it.

It's a shame too, cause I thought he was the best English-speaking Habs beat writer (Dave Stubbs tends to write fluff pieces and Jack Todd, well let's not even discuss Todd). Now he's writing post-game recaps (and not humourously clever ones like Boone's "About Last Night"). Basu's articles on The Daily Hab It (later CTV) were some of my favourites, and many of you used to post them here on HF.

Anyways, great news for Max Pacioretty, hope he wins this.

Last edited by SB164: 03-14-2012 at 12:12 AM.
SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 01:46 AM
Nicko999

vCash: 50
I'm shocked... did not expect that.

Nicko999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 01:53 AM
Krnage

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emanresu Wen View Post
I'd imagine Crosby.. and Crosby winning it
i wouldnt be shocked if that happend

Krnage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 06:59 AM
CGG

Each team has a nominee, and the voters are free to pick from any of the 30 nominees. However at some point the league "recommends" 3 players out of the 30, and those guys basically become the finalists.

I'm quite confident that Max won't even be one of those three "finalists". The league really doesn't want to attract more attention to stupid barbaric hits to the head by oversized ogres on their prized cup-winning big market team. So Crosby will win. Yes, he's in it for a concussion too, but the hits he suffered are far less controversial. And with one "finalist" concussion recoverer all but locked up, they'll find two non-concussion guys to round out the top 3. I'm thinking Lupul will be one.

CGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 07:26 AM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed11 View Post
i won't believe it till marinaro reports it.
This is the best reply in this thread.

The worst part is that Marinaro seems to get "scoops" on the Italian players, because he seems to think he has inside sources and connections with them.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 07:29 AM
wedge

this year: Pacioretty. Next year: Markov

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 07:31 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Congrats to Pacioretty, not surprising and he deserves it this year. What a season and comeback

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 09:43 AM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

We should get #Patches4Masterton going on Twitter! Do it up!

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 11:39 AM
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krnage View Post
i wouldnt be shocked if that happend
Are the Bill Masterton trophy winners decided at the end of the regular season or the playoffs? If the former, then Crosby will likely win it next season, if the latter then he has definitely has a chance depending on how deep Pittsburgh goes in the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGG View Post
Each team has a nominee, and the voters are free to pick from any of the 30 nominees. However at some point the league "recommends" 3 players out of the 30, and those guys basically become the finalists.

I'm quite confident that Max won't even be one of those three "finalists". The league really doesn't want to attract more attention to stupid barbaric hits to the head by oversized ogres on their prized cup-winning big market team. So Crosby will win. Yes, he's in it for a concussion too, but the hits he suffered are far less controversial. And with one "finalist" concussion recoverer all but locked up, they'll find two non-concussion guys to round out the top 3. I'm thinking Lupul will be one.
This seems...sadly true. The NHL may potentially shy away from embarrassing Zdeno Chara at the awards show. If Pacioretty wins it, then they'll replay the video of his injury, cut to camera #3 zooming on an awkward-looking Chara, and everyone will be reminded of the fact that he wasn't even fined.

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 12:06 PM
DrunkenHabz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renholder View Post
does anyone think his suspension earlier this year will have any baring on his candidacy for the Masterton?
I was about to say this. You don't do to others what you don't want people to do to you. And since it's the very reason he could get this trophy (coming back from a concussion and performing well) that would be quite hypocrite to give it to him. Might as well give it to Letang in a symbolic way like: "Hey you had your best season ever and had a shot to the Norris before I blindsided headshoted you. Too bad uhh, ***** happens. Me gets the trophy now, you'll get yours next year, cheers dude!" His complaints to the media will also probably be remembered too. My guess is Lupul gets it. Or Emery.

Or Chara.

DrunkenHabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 12:27 PM
la25ecoupe

This year: Patchioretty, next year: Markov, next next year: Crosby.

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 12:31 PM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
least shocking news of the season.
For sure and I think he is the likely winner due to the success of his comeback.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote