HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Omark to Oilers

Old
03-10-2012, 02:43 AM
LaGu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Theres no ambiguity.

But what was in the past? What happened? Whats the suggestion there?

Its as if to connote that something in the past wasn't quite up to par, that there problems, disagreements.

Not saying there is but what a weird thing to state.

Sounds like something a scorned ex gf would say before walking off in a huff again.

I saw it as self-critizism more tha anything else, i.e. "in the past I have not played well enough to break into the line up and play the game I know is in me". But I guess everyone can disect his statment for themselves. In the end I still consider Omark to kind of suck at interviews (and in English for that matter), everytime he talks a few strange things jump out even if he's interviewed in Swedish...

Last edited by LaGu: 03-10-2012 at 03:34 AM.
LaGu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 03:16 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaGu View Post

I saw it as self-critizism more tha anything else, i.e. "in the past I have not played well enough to break into the line up and play the game I know is in me". But I guess everyone can disect his statment for themselves. In the end I still consider Omark to kind of suck at interviews (and English for that matter), everytime he talks a few strange things jump out even if he's interview in Swedish...
haha.

I still can't quite speak omarkspeak. Its far better I believe your take over mine.

thanks

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 03:42 PM
oilsands
shut 'em down.

Linus Omark on March 13

9 games
1 goal
0 assists
1 point

PP ATOI/G - 2:11 (8th on the team for forwards)
TOI/G - 14:40 (10th on the team for forwards)

What's the deal?

Last edited by oilsands: 03-13-2012 at 03:48 PM.
oilsands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 03:49 PM
Tyrolean

Good as gone for next year, book it.

Tyrolean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 04:10 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 217
He's just not very good. End of story.

GreatKeith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 04:13 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Oilers' 14/15 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrolean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
We can only hope, because who wants good prospects.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 04:41 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrolean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post

People like Omark for all the wrong reasons, in my opinion and are not looking at what he can actually do and only look at what they think he can do

this whole thing reminds me of the Robbie Schremp debate we had for 4 years.

Omark has the next ten games or so to show everyone what he can do.

My problem is when people complain about who he plays with. If you put me on with Hall and Eberle or Nuge--I would look good. It is how a player looks when playing with the lesser player tells you how he is. MPS playing on the 3rd line showed how good he could be and just how bad the players he played with then are

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 09:06 PM
Matt Ryan
Falcons Rise Up

vCash: 50
wrong thread ><

Matt Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 09:19 PM
NAF
Beauty Fakes

vCash: 590
My guess is he gets a couple points against Columbus tomorrow. He tends to do that. Won't change any opinions.

Personally, I hope he goes PPG down the stretch here and shows well in the AHL playoffs so his value is a bit higher when we trade him at the draft to a team that can afford a smaller playmaking RW. I still like Omark, but I don't see a long term fit on this club.

NAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 09:25 PM
The Bored Man
Fire everyone

Too many forwards exactly like him. He may carve out an NHL career but it won't be with the Oilers.

The Bored Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 10:05 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAF View Post
My guess is he gets a couple points against Columbus tomorrow. He tends to do that. Won't change any opinions.

Personally, I hope he goes PPG down the stretch here and shows well in the AHL playoffs so his value is a bit higher when we trade him at the draft to a team that can afford a smaller playmaking RW. I still like Omark, but I don't see a long term fit on this club.
Its a real quandary though. Many of the smallercap teams that can make use of a more offensive player usually tend to play more of a system dedicated game which Omark is contraprepared for.

I'm not sure that theres really a lot of landing options for him.

Like a few other players have seen, Brule, MAP, POS, Schremp, if you can't carve out some territory on the worst team in the league than options and success are really limited elsewhere. This is the reality for Omark, maybe the NHL is just too good for this nature of player. Very few roles for him which is his struggle here and likely elsewhere. You can't really give a player like this many minutes anywhere without getting burned.
Well Nashville could but now they don't have any need for this type of addon.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 10:23 PM
I see only darkness

vCash: 761
So far I have been disappointed with Omark. Hopefully thE next 10 games he can show something. His only hope for this team is to draft grigs, trade Gagner. I am all for trading Gags but think Omark is gone this summer.

I see only darkness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 10:43 PM
dobiezeke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Good prospects are an asset - a player who cannot perform at the NHL level is a liability. Omark will be hardpressed to find a team next year that has an easier lineup to crack than the Oilers.

dobiezeke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 10:48 PM
Shanahanigans

Size isn't everything, but you don't have it, it is. Can he bee a good second line player one day? Perhaps. Not on this team. Too small, and brings nothing we don't already have to the table.

Shanahanigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 11:52 PM
Oi'll say!

There's no room on the Oilers for Omark with Hemsky signed and the overall lack of size and grit in the top 6. Not one of those 6 guys has thrown a hit in their careers to make anyone think twice, so as long as the puck is along the boards the Oilers are at a huge disadvantage in terms of hitting. They may win 50% of the puck battles but at the end of the day they have bruises and the opposition doesn't.

If they created/capitalised on more scoring chances that would be one thing but Smyth is the only Oiler fwd who's good at going to the net and even he sucks right now.

Bottom line is that Omark's never going to get the 1st unit pp rw spot from RNH and if he was to make the nhl that would be his meal ticket. I think Gagner and Hemsky would be better off with Harski on their line.

I'm praying that the Oil keep that #2 spot and pick Grigorenko. Trade Gagner for an nhl ready dman and sign Suter as a ufa (please tell me he hasn't signed yet...)

Oi'll say! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 12:08 AM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobiezeke View Post
Omark will be hardpressed to find a team next year that has an easier lineup to crack than the Oilers.
They have two recent 1st overall picks and one of the league's eight >1ppg players on the 1st line.

Gagner is a proven 49 point player from the 2nd line and Hemsky is a former 77 point fwd in his prime years making $5M per season with no shot at playing on the 1st line here, ever again.

The Oilers top 6 has one spot "open" and Smyth & Horc are still going to be here.

Not many teams have a harder top 6 to get into than the Oilers.

Horc/Belanger/Lander are vying for the last two center spots and if you're not a checking line fwd or a Hordichuk/Eager type there's nothing left.

It isn't an easy roster at all for a fwd to crack imo.

Oi'll say! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 12:17 AM
dobiezeke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say! View Post
They have two recent 1st overall picks and one of the league's eight >1ppg players on the 1st line.

Gagner is a proven 49 point player from the 2nd line and Hemsky is a former 77 point fwd in his prime years making $5M per season with no shot at playing on the 1st line here, ever again.

The Oilers top 6 has one spot "open" and Smyth & Horc are still going to be here.

Not many teams have a harder top 6 to get into than the Oilers.

Horc/Belanger/Lander are vying for the last two center spots and if you're not a checking line fwd or a Hordichuk/Eager type there's nothing left.

It isn't an easy roster at all for a fwd to crack imo.
I assume you agree with my post - if you can't make the top six on the second worse team in the league and make a difference, then the chances of making an impact in the top six on a better team that is playoff bound is futile.

dobiezeke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 01:12 AM
NAF
Beauty Fakes

vCash: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobiezeke View Post
I assume you agree with my post - if you can't make the top six on the second worse team in the league and make a difference, then the chances of making an impact in the top six on a better team that is playoff bound is futile.
He's not agreeing with you at all. He's saying that even though we have the second worst team in the league, we don't have the second worst top 6 in the league. Off the top of my head, I can think of a couple dozen teams I wouldn't swap our top 6 for (well, 4 out of our 6, really). Cracking our top 6 in terms of pure skill would actually be a big job for any player. When you add in the fact that we have size problems even without him, Omark really doesn't have a chance. He needs to play with big linemates to survive in the NHL (think Desjarnais with Cole and Patches) and we just aren't built that way.

Now, if we were talking about a guy who wasn't good enough to crack our DEFENSE, which has gotta be the worst in the league, I'd agree he likely wouldn't find a job anywhere in the NHL. =D Maybe not even the AHL.

NAF is offline   Reply With Quote