HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dumba or Murray

View Poll Results: Dumba or Murray?
Right handed shot (Dumba) 18 47.37%
Lefty handed shot (Murray) 20 52.63%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-13-2012, 11:11 PM
Hip Of Rick

vCash: 500
Whoever is not Snows guy is the guy I want. Other than JT Snow has found loser after loser in round 1

Hip Of Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 11:19 PM
Bauer Warrior*

I hope John Tavares makes the pick. Why not? He does everything else [that's good] on this team. He's the loneliest man in sports.

Bauer Warrior* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 12:40 AM
Hipster Doofus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
Ryan Suter or Dion Phaneuf. That's what I see this choice coming down to. Dumba's got a physical edge and a higher offensive ceiling, but I think Murray's more likely to be the guy you can play against the other team's top line and contribute a decent number of points as well.
Phanuef is a caveman. And it shows in his at times poor decision making skills.

Dumba is very well spoken and seems to have a good grasp on his game and how to play. My concern is his size but he's a very technically sound hitter. Big question is whether his booming shot makes him a top pairing guy or a guy like Kieth Ballard who was also touted for his speed, skill, and physical play but was undersized. Not that he's a bad player, but a guy like Dumba who uses his physicality defensively may not be able to use it as often/effectively. Not that I am a huge proponent of drafting for size, but its something thats a reasonable question at that high in the draft.

Hipster Doofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 12:50 AM
PWJunior
SUCK IT HATERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster Doofus View Post
Phanuef is a caveman. And it shows in his at times poor decision making skills.

Dumba is very well spoken and seems to have a good grasp on his game and how to play. My concern is his size but he's a very technically sound hitter. Big question is whether his booming shot makes him a top pairing guy or a guy like Kieth Ballard who was also touted for his speed, skill, and physical play but was undersized. Not that he's a bad player, but a guy like Dumba who uses his physicality defensively may not be able to use it as often/effectively. Not that I am a huge proponent of drafting for size, but its something thats a reasonable question at that high in the draft.
His size is definitely an issue, but I read something interesting comparing his frame to Chelios and Kasparaitis.

http://futureconsiderations.ca/stewa...t-rising-star/

It's the first question.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 02:59 AM
The Mighty Tavares

Interesting debate. Might all be for naught because I have this strange feeling snow will trade the pick.

The Mighty Tavares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 07:47 AM
kuwo

Voted Murray. I would like to see steadiness in the defensive zone (the Isles have 5 unreliable defencemen and Hammer is still learning) plus the transition (especially outlet pass) and offense from back end need a lot of help (only 3 defencemen with double digits in points - lowest number in NHL i think). Not to mention the need for another PP QB. And I think Murray could make a Larsson-like impact next season.

Last edited by kuwo: 03-14-2012 at 02:12 PM.
kuwo is offline   Reply With Quote