HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#70 KINGS v. RED WINGS, 3/13/12 ... Thoughts & Tidbits ... Wooo Hooo WE WIN !

Old
03-14-2012, 03:08 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

vCash: 500
Martinez is a decent young d-man but it was ridiculous that VV was not up here all year long. He reminds me of a poor man's Zubov. I see 50-60 points a year starting as soon as next season. He not only has great reads he can really fire the puck. And he has a great shot because unlike guys like Doughty, Johnson and Stoll, he usually puts it on target. Low and hard.

SLAVA LAMP

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 03:27 AM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Wonder why Columbus didn't use Carter on the pk

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 03:31 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
I have to say that today I was surrounded by sincere and well-behaved Wings fans.

However, the last home game, they were awful, conceited, and arrogant ******.

Just depends on the people involved, I guess.
They are much better behaved when their team is getting the **** kicked out of them.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 03:54 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Watching the replay.

- The guy yelling "Howard" after the Slava goal. Sounds like a mixture of Homer Simpson, Fred Flinstone and Peter Griffin. Hilarious.

- Wow that was an epic dive by Brown, holy crap. You know when Zetterberg of all people is getting pissed.

- Carter reminds me of Glen Murray in a way. Big shot, skates well. Is never going to win a Selke and won't do much other than score goals. But we need a player like that. I like him.

- Unfortunately I don't think Stool will get suspended, even though he is a repeat offender. It would be great to play these next two games without his awful play and penalties but sadly he will be in there.

- King may not be a top 6 player based on skill, but many teams try and balance their lines and he is going to be one of those guys who you can stick on any line and he doesn't look out of place. He looks great doing the dirty work while Carter gets into open space to fire that shot of his. I'm thinking next year the Kings will have the same top 2 lines they have right now and hopefully a skilled 3rd line with Gagne- Loktionov and either a prospect or FA signing.

- Speaking of 3rd lines, ours is going to eventually cost us a game. Whether it's a dumb penalty by Stool or Penner or their inability to generate any kind of offense or maintain sustained pressure. Everytime these 3 were on the ice the puck was in the Kings zone.

Old
03-14-2012, 05:11 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

>:| I don't see PSP. He's late.

Anyway, gonna go check highlights since NHLN apparently forgot about Pacific Division games.

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 08:25 AM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

Frozen Royalty Audio: LA Kings Keep Pace In The West With 5-2 Win Over Detroit

Frozen Royalty Audio: LA Kings Keep Pace In The West With 5-2 Win Over Detroit

FrozenRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 08:47 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Martinez played really well last night too. Surprisingly physical lately.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 09:12 AM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

I was only able to watch half of the first period but any win is a good win at this point

PSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 09:21 AM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
And I say **** you to everyone who thinks Carter is a cancer. Look at the guy on the bench alone...he's got Kopi and Richards laughing it up. He's always smiling. Maybe instead of getting all pissy at Carter, CBJ fans should look at their crappy organization and wonder if there was something to Carter's unhappiness.....but no, it's easier to call the player a cancer.

Looks like Doughty really did get pissed about Milbury!

And Richards......come on man, don't give up, you'll break out soon!!
I wouldn't bash CBJ fans like that. They traded for him and rightfully expected good things. He just didn't have his heart there. I don't blame him but I don't blame the fans either. It's slightly different when it comes to Philadelphia fans and organization. I said it at that time and I say it now: that "dry island" thing was a terrible idea and if I was Richards/Carter, you wouldn't have seen my name written there either. I would have had more serious things to worry about than to write my name on a silly board, just because coach was an ex-drunk.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 09:49 AM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
I have to say that today I was surrounded by sincere and well-behaved Wings fans.

and... I imagine the score of the game had an impact on their behavior.

Go KINGS!! 2 more points on Friday in Anaheim!

Butch 19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 09:54 AM
ironranger

vCash: 145
I go to school in the U.P. of michigan (but i hate the wings) and after watching the wild play slightly better than we have been which is saying anything cuz we suck right now it made my night to watch the kings beat the wings. it was an exciting game (something mn is incapable of producing right now) and it shut my gf and a few of my friends who are all from michigan up. so i say thank you and good luck with the rest of your season

p.s. kopitar's shorty made me jump out of my chair i was so excited

ironranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 09:55 AM
guzmania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Watching the replay.

- The guy yelling "Howard" after the Slava goal. Sounds like a mixture of Homer Simpson, Fred Flinstone and Peter Griffin. Hilarious.

That's Quick.

guzmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 10:25 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by guzmania View Post
That's Quick.
A guz sighting, take a picture folks this is a rarity nowadays!

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 10:33 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:

Wings fans who became fans before 2001...bitter. Wings fans who became fans after 2001...polite.

Hard to believe it was more than a decade ago.

- R

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 10:46 AM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Just getting to post as I watched the game super late last night and had a migraine headache.

Great win! Everyone played great IMO. Despite Stoll taking penalties, at least they're for being too aggressive.

I felt bad for Richards. How many times do you get a goal AND an assist taken away in the same game? He just can't catch a break.

Glad to see Doughty have a good game, as he's been terrible as of late.

Quick wasn't great, but it was good to see that he didn't have to stand on his head. He's starting to figure out how to play with a lead.

Too bad we couldn't have won the game in Detroit or Cbus. We'd be in the playoffs now.

We're 2-0 with Hanks in the building! Keep coming to the games, Tom!

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 11:14 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
I wouldn't bash CBJ fans like that. They traded for him and rightfully expected good things. He just didn't have his heart there. I don't blame him but I don't blame the fans either. It's slightly different when it comes to Philadelphia fans and organization. I said it at that time and I say it now: that "dry island" thing was a terrible idea and if I was Richards/Carter, you wouldn't have seen my name written there either. I would have had more serious things to worry about than to write my name on a silly board, just because coach was an ex-drunk.
It's the GM, Holmgren, that is a recovering alcoholic.

Carter is playing exactly the same way as he was in Philly and a lot of the fans hated him for it. I've always liked his game, especially seeing his improvements year after year. It's so great to see him and Richards finally play well together. If Gagne comes back I hope they put him on the third line to start, there's no point in touching either of the top 2 lines.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 11:18 AM
Kingjordan

Quote:
Watching the replay.

- Wow that was an epic dive by Brown, holy crap. You know when Zetterberg of all people is getting pissed.

- Carter reminds me of Glen Murray in a way. Big shot, skates well. Is never going to win a Selke and won't do much other than score goals. But we need a player like that. I like him.

- Unfortunately I don't think Stool will get suspended, even though he is a repeat offender. It would be great to play these next two games without his awful play and penalties but sadly he will be in there.

- King may not be a top 6 player based on skill, but many teams try and balance their lines and he is going to be one of those guys who you can stick on any line and he doesn't look out of place. He looks great doing the dirty work while Carter gets into open space to fire that shot of his. I'm thinking next year the Kings will have the same top 2 lines they have right now and hopefully a skilled 3rd line with Gagne- Loktionov and either a prospect or FA signing.

- Speaking of 3rd lines, ours is going to eventually cost us a game. Whether it's a dumb penalty by Stool or Penner or their inability to generate any kind of offense or maintain sustained pressure. Everytime these 3 were on the ice the puck was in the Kings zone.

if you look at the replay Brown didn't go down because of a Dive while he was being pushed by Zetterberg he steped on a broken stick on the ice and went down..

Kingjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 11:27 AM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingjordan View Post
if you look at the replay Brown didn't go down because of a Dive while he was being pushed by Zetterberg he steped on a broken stick on the ice and went down..
To be honest, I didn't even care of that was a dive or not by Brown simply because I believe that was an interference play and the Red Wings get away with enough of that as is

Plus, we had just seen Quincey explode.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 11:58 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
It's the GM, Holmgren, that is a recovering alcoholic.

Carter is playing exactly the same way as he was in Philly and a lot of the fans hated him for it. I've always liked his game, especially seeing his improvements year after year. It's so great to see him and Richards finally play well together. If Gagne comes back I hope they put him on the third line to start, there's no point in touching either of the top 2 lines.
The difference between the Flyers and the Kings is the Kings do not have a player like Carter. The guy is a pure goal scorer and the Kings really lack that where I think Philly seems to have a plethora of offensive talent. The Kings have talent but they really lack(ed) what Carter brings.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 12:23 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
They are much better behaved when their team is getting the **** kicked out of them.
Subdued is a good term. Yeah.

Ron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 12:29 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
I felt bad for Richards. How many times do you get a goal AND an assist taken away in the same game? He just can't catch a break.
I don't know who was doing the scoring, but whomever it was, he/she needs to get their **** together.

He/She changed the scoring on three goals, and on two of the goals, changed the scoring more than once. It was hard to keep track who the hell got goals and assists last night.

On one of the mistakes, they missed one of the "7"s on Carter's jersey, and originally gave the assist to Scuderi.

Pathetic.

Old
03-14-2012, 12:32 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Richards was credited with an assist on the Voynov goal when he wasn't even on the ice. It was Brown, Williams, Stool and Martinez out there.

I think the on ice officials are the ones who originally decide who gets the goals and assists but with how much money is tied into performance bonuses, especially on ELC's they do in-depth video reviews on the scoring of every goal.

Old
03-14-2012, 12:35 PM
santiclaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindEnemyLines View Post
Cheers was before my time
Nothing personal, but **** you.

santiclaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 12:49 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Richards was credited with an assist on the Voynov goal when he wasn't even on the ice.

Old
03-14-2012, 12:59 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
Nothing personal, but **** you.
I like what you did there.

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now   Reply With Quote