HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Season Renewals Arrive.... Increasing?!?!?!?

Old
03-13-2012, 03:40 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
Not a season ticket holder.. I understand being furious over the Isles raising prices after yet again another lottery year. What I would be more furious about is the fact that season ticket holders pay premium prices for seats.. When two weeks into the season when attendance is down the team offers the same seats for stupid deals for a 1/4 of the price they paid.

Who do they think they're fooling with this "Playoff push" letter?

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 03:40 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
Captain Tavares

vCash: 50
My Dad and I are done. No need to buy season tix at all for us, it's a two way street, they don't show commitment to win so why should we commit time and money to them?

Kevin27nyi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 03:47 PM
Bert Marshall days

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer Warrior View Post
If the team moves, it moves. If it does move, it's not on the taxpayers who voted down the referendum. It's not on the politicians who were against the Light House Project, and it's not on the fans who didn't fill the seats. It's on Charles Wang.
BS

Exactly how is nassore/TOH not having a new arena and shooting down a privately paid for one on Wang?

It's not.

Blame Chuckles all you want for the many errors he's made running NYI including this example of raising tix prices but if the team moves it's CLEARLY the fault of inept local "government" who has done nothing to help long before Wang was here. The arena mess and moving CAN NOT be blamed on Wang as he's done all an owner can dealing with county/town morons. To think otherwise is just people's emotions getting the better of them.

Don't sweat it, I'm sure the owner in Brooklyn will spend.

Bert Marshall days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 03:47 PM
MTK

I didn't read every post but I got my renewal yesterday and I had no increase. I pay very little to sit in section: 303 middle. They are offering a free signed jersey as well to any season ticket holder.

So I am calling BS on this how thing. I said I wouldn't buy them again if I got a 10% increase (which is a big jump) but for what I pay ( i will not list it since some will be bothered) it wouldn't have been much.

If you want to know how I pay my price . PM me.

PS: The amount of money in total I sold tickets this year covered both seats.

MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 03:59 PM
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceAce View Post
the fans in Quebec will have no problems paying those prices.
If this entire charade occured in Quebec from day one the people and the media would have driven Wang off with pitchforks and torches. That they would love to take our team while it is being pawned by a land acquisition addict on his last legs is not in question.

This is where a full page add to Gary explaining what is wrong would clarify things a bit.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 04:13 PM
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!

dbl pst

Last edited by A Pointed Stick: 03-13-2012 at 11:11 PM.
Old
03-13-2012, 04:22 PM
Islander102

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I didn't read every post but I got my renewal yesterday and I had no increase. I pay very little to sit in section: 303 middle. They are offering a free signed jersey as well to any season ticket holder.

So I am calling BS on this how thing. I said I wouldn't buy them again if I got a 10% increase (which is a big jump) but for what I pay ( i will not list it since some will be bothered) it wouldn't have been much.

If you want to know how I pay my price . PM me.

PS: The amount of money in total I sold tickets this year covered both seats.
I sit directly across from you in 323, got raised $2 per ticket. I am probably in a lower row than you as I know the top 4 rows did not get increased. While the increase for me isnt that much, I think its ridiculous that we get stuck with a price increase after another worthless season, but I dont mind paying an increased price, if we are going to get an increased product. But I will not pay until the Islanders add pieces to increase the talent level. I guarantee my seats will still be waiting for me.

Islander102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 05:31 PM
MikeyMike01*
Hurray

Send a message via AIM to MikeyMike01* Send a message via MSN to MikeyMike01*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Marshall days View Post
BS

Exactly how is nassore/TOH not having a new arena and shooting down a privately paid for one on Wang?
How dare they shoot down an absurd, ridiculous, obnoxious, unfeasible, unwanted, and unneeded minicity in the an already congested area!

MikeyMike01* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 06:07 PM
Bauer Warrior*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Marshall days View Post
BS

It's not.

Blame Chuckles all you want for the many errors he's made running NYI including this example of raising tix prices but if the team moves it's CLEARLY the fault of inept local "government" who has done nothing to help long before Wang was here. The arena mess and moving CAN NOT be blamed on Wang as he's done all an owner can dealing with county/town morons. To think otherwise is just people's emotions getting the better of them.

Don't sweat it, I'm sure the owner in Brooklyn will spend.
They offered him 40% of what he wanted, which is a substantial upgrade over what's there now, and he refused it. If you start from nothing, and you get 40% of what you want, that's pretty good. Wang is a loser, and because he's a loser, we suffer.

Bauer Warrior* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 06:12 PM
MTK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander102 View Post
I sit directly across from you in 323, got raised $2 per ticket. I am probably in a lower row than you as I know the top 4 rows did not get increased. While the increase for me isnt that much, I think its ridiculous that we get stuck with a price increase after another worthless season, but I dont mind paying an increased price, if we are going to get an increased product. But I will not pay until the Islanders add pieces to increase the talent level. I guarantee my seats will still be waiting for me.
I think they may have charged me for the jersey..thats it. I split the seats up in 2 accounts ...so I do single seats next to each other. One seat is more than the other.

MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 07:12 PM
Hipietro

Just another addition to the list of reasons Charles Wang is the biggest piece of **** in all of sports.

Sell the team, you clueless ****.

Hipietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 07:19 PM
KH1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyMike01 View Post
Wang wants attendance to be low. It gives him bargaining power and/or an excuse to leave.
This would make sense in theory, but in practice I think that Wang just genuinely doesn't realize what a ****** owner he is, and how much everyone hates him.

KH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 07:33 PM
cjdv16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin27NYI View Post
My Dad and I are done. No need to buy season tix at all for us, it's a two way street, they don't show commitment to win so why should we commit time and money to them?
Awesome. Good for you guys.

I guarantee that there will not be a new season ticket holder that takes your seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander102 View Post
Smart man.

cjdv16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 08:19 PM
MikeyMike01*
Hurray

Send a message via AIM to MikeyMike01* Send a message via MSN to MikeyMike01*
Quote:
Originally Posted by KH1 View Post
This would make sense in theory, but in practice I think that Wang just genuinely doesn't realize what a ****** owner he is, and how much everyone hates him.
Sure, but I don't see how you get to where he is as a clueless bumble****.

Then again, this is America.

MikeyMike01* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 09:29 PM
BelovedIsles

Send a message via AIM to BelovedIsles
This organization has demonstrated that they simply don't care; to have the chutzpah to raise prices AND pitch hollow reasons to re-up is disgusting. You've had a losing team for (counting) FIVE ****ING YEARS and have not made an attempt to improve your product, and you EXPECT fans to keep dishing out money?!?! I'm not even a season ticket holder and this grates me.

Just sell the ****ing thing already, get on with it. As I've said before the season, and after 6 months of this BS I can assure you my stance has NOT changed, I'd rather be watching a winning team with a similar core in another city than this crap in LI.

BelovedIsles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 09:49 PM
Isles Junkie

With the exception of the drafting & signing of John Tavares, it sure does seem that everything this organization does is done with the intent to drive away as many fans as possible.

What the hell are they thinking? Raising ticket prices? To watch this POS team? Yeah good luck with that Charles.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 11:10 PM
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post
With the exception of the drafting & signing of John Tavares, it sure does seem that everything this organization does is done with the intent to drive away as many fans as possible.

What the hell are they thinking? Raising ticket prices? To watch this POS team? Yeah good luck with that Charles.
It certainly begs the question, doesn't it? How could they even consider raising prices when they won't follow through with any commitment to the team?

Every single season ticket holder should write back saying, word for word: "Show us the commitment to building around the core in June & July, via trades and free agency, and we'll buy tickets. Until then, you get nothing."

Old
03-14-2012, 10:05 AM
jmg27

But guys, they repaved the parking areas and they were resurfaced and they installed new glass around the ice. Amazing!

I'm in 323 in one of the first 4 or 5 rows that didnt see a discount last year when majority of tickets were discounted everywhere else. My 2 seats are going up $3 per seat. I actually brought that letter with me to the game last night and told my rep to read it to me and not laugh. Felt bad for him actually that he has to attempt to justify that nonsense of a letter. If you go line by line reading that letter its just so comical.

We are not doing anything until we see what is done in the offseason and the CBA. I'd like to come back, and I always get sucked into it b/c I love this team but they make it so hard and it kills me to give money to support the team and it doesnt get put back into the team.

jmg27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 10:40 AM
blitzkriegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg27 View Post
But guys, they repaved the parking areas and they were resurfaced and they installed new glass around the ice. Amazing!

I'm in 323 in one of the first 4 or 5 rows that didnt see a discount last year when majority of tickets were discounted everywhere else. My 2 seats are going up $3 per seat. I actually brought that letter with me to the game last night and told my rep to read it to me and not laugh. Felt bad for him actually that he has to attempt to justify that nonsense of a letter. If you go line by line reading that letter its just so comical.

We are not doing anything until we see what is done in the offseason and the CBA. I'd like to come back, and I always get sucked into it b/c I love this team but they make it so hard and it kills me to give money to support the team and it doesnt get put back into the team.
The new glass was required by the NHL bc NYIs was not compliant with the current NHL standard.

blitzkriegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 10:44 AM
blitzkriegs

Naturally, people are attracted to winners and distance themselves from losers.

The Isles know they have a certain portion of passionate fans that will not let of their tix hoping for a better day.

Sadly, chuckie is playing to that.

Again, that letter does not even use the word "win" - which is appalling.

blitzkriegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 03:22 PM
camaro27

I hate to say it But some of you guys are full of crap about not getting season tixx. Come 3 months from now when you have not seen the islanders play you will all forget how bad they were and spend your money on this crap. Am I wrong on this please tell me I am wrong

camaro27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 07:43 PM
DarkHorse
Go Banana!

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro27 View Post
I hate to say it But some of you guys are full of crap about not getting season tixx. Come 3 months from now when you have not seen the islanders play you will all forget how bad they were and spend your money on this crap. Am I wrong on this please tell me I am wrong
I haven't been to a game in over a year, after going all the time for years. I prefer to watch from home, as my level of commitment should meet the teams. If they give up after five minutes, so do I. Difference is, they get paid, and I do the paying. Now, it doesn't cost either of us.

I will not attend a game until Capuano is gone.

DarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 07:55 PM
leaponover

Quote:
Originally Posted by xECK29x View Post
This team has balls, just not on the ice
LMAO! Well said!

leaponover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 07:59 PM
leaponover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer Warrior View Post
If the team moves, it moves. If it does move, it's not on the taxpayers who voted down the referendum. It's not on the politicians who were against the Light House Project, and it's not on the fans who didn't fill the seats. It's on Charles Wang.
Wouldn't it be the decision of the guy who bought the team to move them? Don't you want Wang to sell the team. I seriously have no idea what goes on in your mind....

leaponover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 09:54 PM
enigmatic
Capuano is a stooge

why anyone would ever get season tickets when good seats can be had on the internet for 5 dollars for pretty much every game is beyond me

i haven't bought a ticket in the primary market for a year or two...only way i goto games is when i buy it off of someone else day of

enigmatic is offline   Reply With Quote