HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sidney back on Thurs against the Rangers.

Closed Thread

Old
03-14-2012, 09:00 AM
cashisking

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBlue24 View Post
This is why I love our captain. Watch out, Crosby.
What did you expect him to say? " oh we are going to leave him alone and let him skate through us". Don't worry Crosby knows the Rangers will be coming after him.

Old
03-14-2012, 09:08 AM
smetana

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Henrik 30 View Post
Yeah people saying they want our players to (cleanly) hit him hard and hit him often, how classless

Don't let a few posts, if any, in this thread make you believe that all Ranger fans want to see Crosby hurt. I'm one of the bigger Crosby/Pens haters out there and I don't want to see him hurt again. I would be lying if I said that I enjoy the NHL more when Crosby is healthy, but he's a human being and I would never wish for him to be injured.
I hear you, and my comment was directed only at those few who think it's acceptable to wish physical harm on another human being. I've no problem with the Rangers coming at us hard tomorrow night, I'd expect nothing less from your team. Should be a good one.

Old
03-14-2012, 09:08 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Surprised it hasn't been posted yet..

Pretty much sums up how much coverage he gets over guys like stamkos...

Old
03-14-2012, 09:27 AM
dfine06

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSide View Post
Surprised it hasn't been posted yet..

Pretty much sums up how much coverage he gets over guys like stamkos...
exactly. Stamkos just hit something very few players have.

Old
03-14-2012, 09:29 AM
pwoz

Hammer him and don't stop!

Old
03-14-2012, 09:36 AM
RangerBlue24
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashisking View Post
What did you expect him to say? " oh we are going to leave him alone and let him skate through us". Don't worry Crosby knows the Rangers will be coming after him.
No, I acutally expect them to bow down to Crosby, on the ice.

Old
03-14-2012, 09:39 AM
TP
Global Moderator

Awards:
Reminder of the rules.

Wishing injury on players is against the rules and you will be infracted for it so don't do it.

Thanks

Old
03-14-2012, 09:48 AM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Good. So he won't complain about getting hit, then. And his wingers won't retaliate after a big, clean hit on him.

Old
03-14-2012, 10:16 AM
TRC
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Good. So he won't complain about getting hit, then. And his wingers won't retaliate after a big, clean hit on him.

I'd just be happy if he didn't skate to the refs after EVERY whistle to cry like a newborn about the other team playing hockey against him.

Old
03-14-2012, 10:26 AM
The Perfect Paradox
Beyond Good and Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by smetana View Post
I hear you, and my comment was directed only at those few who think it's acceptable to wish physical harm on another human being. I've no problem with the Rangers coming at us hard tomorrow night, I'd expect nothing less from your team. Should be a good one.
Fair enough. It seems that many posters on these boards are willing to make generalizations about fan bases based on a few bad posts; fortunately enough, you were not one of those people.

Looking forward to the game tomorrow, if the Rangers really are out of their slump it should be a good one!

Old
03-14-2012, 10:27 AM
Bardof425*

We can expect that if he gets touched we will be shorthanded; and if he gets touched and we are not short handed he will cry about it. We can expect him to have three points. So, we will need at least 4 goals to win.

Just play and hit him as if he slapped your mother every time he touches the puck. I see lots of fights.

Old
03-14-2012, 10:30 AM
Hobodrifter

Quote:
Within reason you are probably right. However, if its excessive then that starts a cycle. targeting skill players and stars is a two way street. Best bet would be for both parties to play like they normally do, physical but clean for the most part. Besides I've never seen Crosby caught unawares by monstrous hits.

Old
03-14-2012, 10:33 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Thank you.
Are you really that offended by things that go on in the Rangers board?

The Rangers are one of the most physical teams in the league, most of there fans like that style of play. I don't want to see any dirty plays on crosby but if the guy is leveled cleanly, i will be, by all means, ecstatic.

Old
03-14-2012, 10:33 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobodrifter View Post
Crosby is going to get hit. It might as well happen this Thursday because if he can't handle it now he certainly will not be able to in the playoffs. My hope as a Pens fan is that it's not excessive or dirty on the part of any rangers. Pens players are going to be edgy as is and if its perceived that Crosby is being run then a response will be necessary. I'd rather not watch a game where I'm seeing skill players on both sides being run and cheapshotted. Not until the playoffs anyways.
Rangers are the least dirty team in the league unfortunately. There are times I wish they'd goon it up a little and settle a score or two. But they don't.

Old
03-14-2012, 10:36 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
More like ******** atlantic division fans feel this way. Dude draws penalties, good players do this. Don't tell me Gaborik doesn't get calls because guys can't stay with his speed and skill. It happens.
Gaborik doesn't. And he never cries to the refs like Cindy. Look, the guy is the most talented player in the world but call a spade a spade. He's a whiner and that's all there is to it. You'll have more credibility visiting our board if you admit the obvious even if it sheds a negative light on your beloved Penguins.

Old
03-14-2012, 10:36 AM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Within reason you are probably right. However, if its excessive then that starts a cycle. targeting skill players and stars is a two way street. Best bet would be for both parties to play like they normally do, physical but clean for the most part. Besides I've never seen Crosby caught unawares by monstrous hits.
If anything is clean, it should not "start a cycle." That's ridiculous. A clean hit is a clean it is a clean hit. If the Pens chose to goon it up, it'd be on them, then.

Old
03-14-2012, 10:41 AM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP View Post
Reminder of the rules.

Wishing injury on players is against the rules and you will be infracted for it so don't do it.

Thanks
nobody's wishing injury on anyone. what we cant say we want our guys to hit him every chance they get, but cleanly? thats against the rules?

Old
03-14-2012, 10:43 AM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
nobody's wishing injury on anyone. what we cant say we want our guys to hit him every chance they get, but cleanly? thats against the rules?
We can say that all we want. What was at issue is someone DID say they hoped he got taken out and injured. That is not OK.

Old
03-14-2012, 10:47 AM
Hobodrifter

Quote:
If anything is clean, it should not "start a cycle." That's ridiculous. A clean hit is a clean it is a clean hit. If the Pens chose to goon it up, it'd be on them, then.
Ridiculous or not its this way in the NHL. If Gaborik or Richards was continually hit even cleanly I'm quite certain someone like Rupp would be getting involved. Anyways the hypotheticals are getting out of control. Chances are the players do what they do every game.

Old
03-14-2012, 10:49 AM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
We can say that all we want. What was at issue is someone DID say they hoped he got taken out and injured. That is not OK.
if he happens to get hurt on a clean play, whats the big deal? whats wrong with that?

Old
03-14-2012, 10:59 AM
UnderPSI
Formerly YMMV

Quote:
if he happens to get hurt on a clean play, whats the big deal? whats wrong with that?
HF will be on lock down. Then once the server is back up, there will be about 10 threads stating that the Rangers were playing to intent to injure. Then it will turn into a Rangers are a classless team like the Bruins.

Rangers play a physical game and it should be noted that if you have the puck, you will probably be hit regardless of who you are. No one should ever wish injury on anyone but injuries are part of the game and it happens.

Old
03-14-2012, 11:09 AM
pld459666

Quote:
I said it.

Old
03-14-2012, 11:43 AM
DM23BK30

I dont know about you guys, but this season has been extremely enjoyable without Crosby. Extremely enjoyable.

I really could care less if he never plays again. The Pens seem to do just fine without him.

It's very difficult for me to look past his on-ice attitude and on-ice behavior since he came into the league. Yes, he has toned it down a bit, but he's one of the few pro athletes I never liked from Day One and unless he actually plays for the Rangers, I'll never care less about anything he does.

Both NBC Sports and the NHL Network are promoting the heck out of the game.

Old
03-14-2012, 11:48 AM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
I dont know about you guys, but this season has been extremely enjoyable without Crosby. Extremely enjoyable.

I really could care less if he never plays again. The Pens seem to do just fine without him.

It's very difficult for me to look past his on-ice attitude and on-ice behavior since he came into the league. Yes, he has toned it down a bit, but he's one of the few pro athletes I never liked from Day One and unless he actually plays for the Rangers, I'll never care less about anything he does.

Both NBC Sports and the NHL Network are promoting the heck out of the game.
There are a lot of top notch atheletes I really like. or At least don't mind...ok i hate them but at least I respect them. Crysby is DEFINITELY not one of them.
It's a very different kind of hate then the kind I had for Ovie, Peyton Manning or Tom brady. I respect them even when i hate them for beating my team. Crosby I see no redeeming factor as an athlete. As a person Im sure he's great as an athlete I hate his guts and have no respect for him...if I was a player you damn right I'd delight in going after him because of the way he's carried himself.

Last edited by New York RKY: 03-14-2012 at 11:52 AM. Reason: No need for that
Old
03-14-2012, 11:52 AM
FATCHAMALA11
Kneel Before Zod

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyStart View Post
There are a lot of top notch atheletes I really like. or At least don't mind...ok i hate them but at least I respect them. Crysby is DEFINITELY not one of them.
It's a very different kind of hate then the kind I had for Ovie, Peyton Manning or Tom brady. I respect them even when i hate them for beating my team. Crysby I see no redeeming factor as an athlete. As a person Im sure he's great as an athlete I hate his guts and have no respect for him...if I was a player you damn right I'd delight in going after him because of the way he's carried himself.
I agree on the most part. Except for the fact that he does remind me of Tom Brady. Just a whiney woman. He just comes off as an Eh-hole, not this awesome Ambassador to the game.

Closed Thread