HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roman Josi

Old
03-13-2012, 01:49 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

vCash: 500
This is a big fear for me. The defense has not been wonderful lately.

Time to call up Blum?

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 02:02 PM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
This is a big fear for me. The defense has not been wonderful lately.

Time to call up Blum?
From what I've heard out of MIL, Blum has done nothing to deserve another chance this season. Klein will be back soon. I don't see Blum ousting Hillen or Ellis.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 02:57 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by WartracePred View Post
From what I've heard out of MIL, Blum has done nothing to deserve another chance this season. Klein will be back soon. I don't see Blum ousting Hillen or Ellis.
It's weird about Blum. I agree, I wonder if he gave up on this year at some point...

I hope Josi is better fast. I really do. It seems as if the longer it takes to heal the more likelihood it will happen in the future. I don't want that for anyone....

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 03:37 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Man I hope it's not ANOTHER concussion for him. He's too good and has a great future if he can stay healthy. Either way, this is a Wings player's fault so that's even more motivation to hate them.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 04:35 PM
theoneandonly

Quote:
Blum has nothing to prove in Milwaukee, we all know he can play as he showed us at the end of last year and all throughout the playoffs. Look at Josi he was good at first then slowed down once he was paired with Klein or even Bouillon, and now he picked back up now that he is with Gill. Klein and Bouillon are just terrible. They should both be sitting over Josi, Ellis and Blum. How can Blum go from playing with Nashville to playing with Milwaukee. The game is a whole lot different. If you cant see that you are one of the one that know nothing about hockey. Also he is playing on a so-so team with so-so players. Blum could easily play a top 4 role on any other team and Nashville is just wasting/putting on hold a high potential player.

Last edited by Live in the Now: 03-13-2012 at 05:13 PM. Reason: removed inflammatory stuff
theoneandonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 05:13 PM
PhoneGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
Blum has nothing to prove in Milwaukee, we all know he can play as he showed us at the end of last year and all throughout the playoffs. Look at Josi he was good at first then slowed down once he was paired with Klein or even Bouillon, and now he picked back up now that he is with Gill. Klein and Bouillon are just terrible. They should both be sitting over Josi, Ellis and Blum. How can Blum go from playing with Nashville to playing with Milwaukee. The game is a whole lot different. If you cant see that you are one of the one that know nothing about hockey. Also he is playing on a so-so team with so-so players. Blum could easily play a top 4 role on any other team and Nashville is just wasting/putting on hold a high potential player.
Hey Blummer!! Good of you to visit us on the boards. How goes it in Milwaukee??

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 07:06 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Actually it's pretty clear that we are missing Klein. What's your obsession with Blum?

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 07:48 PM
WartracePred

Quote:
Wow! You are right about one thing. I don't know a heck of a lot about hockey. I know a little, but I usually defer to those who know much, much more than me -- like Trotz. I'll just say that I'm glad you aren't making roster decisions.

Old
03-13-2012, 08:14 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Klein and bouillon aren't terrible (well, Klein isn't terrible), but they are poor mentors. They gamble too much or make too many mistakes to be the steadying presence rookies need. I do agree that Blum is a top 4 dman. He clearly wasn't prepared for this season. I suspect he will be traded at the draft if Suter resigns, but if not, he could be in for a big role again soon. Josi is the better prospect though.

03-13-2012, 08:38 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Wrong! The STX are unhappy with Blum. When the team misses the playoffs, the STX will take it out on him. There is a group (I am one of them) that thinks he needs some time in Cincinnati to straighten out. Blum is starting to hustle and pinch in. He wasn't doing those things a few weeks ago. He was slow and looked careless.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 08:55 PM
Jonesey
Sons of Anarchy

Could Blum be suffering from a lack of maturity? He had a great start to his NHL career, and thought he was entitled?

Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 09:24 PM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade Legwand View Post
Could Blum be suffering from a lack of maturity? He had a great start to his NHL career, and thought he was entitled?
That's a possibility but far from a sure thing.

Perhaps he's watching guys like Josi and Ellis zoom past him and is getting down on himself rather than feeling entitled.

It's hard for us to judge his mental toughness when all we can see (for the most part) are stats.

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 09:34 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade Legwand View Post
I think that's part of it. I saw some of his tweets over the last few months. Sounds pretty immature and bitter. One read something to the effect of, "I guess no one in Nashville loves me"

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 09:41 PM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds19 View Post
I think that's part of it. I saw some of his tweets over the last few months. Sounds pretty immature and bitter. One read something to the effect of, "I guess no one in Nashville loves me"
I get the same impression. Complains about travel in the AHL - bus rides, crazy schedules. Seems to be sulking a little. Maybe he thinks he didn't get a fair shake and wants to be traded.

Old
03-13-2012, 11:28 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

So apparently Josi said he had a headache the day after the game and his nose hurts. But its not as bad as earlier in the year. He said hes taking it day to day. Hopes to be back VS Edm

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 09:22 AM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
I get the same impression. Complains about travel in the AHL - bus rides, crazy schedules. Seems to be sulking a little. Maybe he thinks he didn't get a fair shake and wants to be traded.
Reading WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much into his tweets... come on now. They ALL complain about the travel. From OHL, ECHL, and AHL. That's every player's complaint; even if the player has no shot of ever making it to the NHL and should just be happy to BE in the AHL.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 11:34 AM
Flgatorguy87

Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post
Reading WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much into his tweets... come on now. They ALL complain about the travel. From OHL, ECHL, and AHL. That's every player's complaint; even if the player has no shot of ever making it to the NHL and should just be happy to BE in the AHL.
Normally I would agree, but in this case, Blum hasn't just complained about the travel. He has a general immature feel to him. He seems to be all about hanging with his buddies, and seems quite comfy just chilling in Milwaukee. I know things can be viewed from many angles, but I follow numerous pro athletes along all levels, and he is the only one I have strongly considered ignoring because its like I am following a 14 year old boy. Its just down right annoying. Most guys tweet about successes, charities, or something about a recent game. He never mentions a word about any of that.

Flgatorguy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 11:53 AM
wadesworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post
Disagree. His tweets have a definite "woe is me" feel.

wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 12:11 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesworld View Post
Disagree. His tweets have a definite "woe is me" feel.
And you can tell this how? Stuff written on the web or facebook or twitter or any place for that matter can be taken in a variety of different ways. Until you meet that person and get to know them, it's a crap shoot at best. UTM and I used to go at each other on the boards for a while before we met in person. Once we did it was a totally different dynamic between us. What we were writing on the boards was not always taken in the correct context and once we were able to talk in person, we understood where the other person was coming from a whole lot better. I'd have to say that's happened with other posters as well so for us to sit here and read into what he's saying and meaning is a bit presumptuous on our part. He's also still a kid.

As far as he wants to hang with his buddies, he's a Californian, that's what they do.

glenngineer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 12:30 PM
predfan98

I hope we see Josi next week. I really like the way he plays.

Anyway, Blum...... His salary is listed at around $900K..... is that just when he is in Nashville?

He's an RFA this summer. From all reports out of Milwaukee, he's not impressing...which kind of leads you to the assumption that it is a maturity issue.

And as far as twitter.....weird world... but when you make that kind of money at that age and are a professional athlete with a "verified account"......... you put yourself into that media realm of people judging what you tweet.......that is just the way the world is, and that is the profession that he is in.

he doesn't show good mature judgement in that area....

and if he wants to "hang with his buddies on twitter" and not be judged.........have a personal account to do that

and as far as hanging with his buddies in real life and having a good time...........i just want to be paid to do that!!! It is one of the perks of his life...

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 12:38 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
I hope we see Josi next week. I really like the way he plays.

Anyway, Blum...... His salary is listed at around $900K..... is that just when he is in Nashville?

He's an RFA this summer. From all reports out of Milwaukee, he's not impressing...which kind of leads you to the assumption that it is a maturity issue.

And as far as twitter.....weird world... but when you make that kind of money at that age and are a professional athlete with a "verified account"......... you put yourself into that media realm of people judging what you tweet.......that is just the way the world is, and that is the profession that he is in.

he doesn't show good mature judgement in that area....

and if he wants to "hang with his buddies on twitter" and not be judged.........have a personal account to do that

and as far as hanging with his buddies in real life and having a good time...........i just want to be paid to do that!!! It is one of the perks of his life...
Yes, Blum is on a two-way contract. Two-way contracts have different salaries for AHL and NHL. If, for instance, we moved Legwand to the AHL he would make his NHL salary. Blum, however, makes $65k in the A.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 12:41 PM
Prederator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flgatorguy87 View Post
Normally I would agree, but in this case, Blum hasn't just complained about the travel. He has a general immature feel to him. He seems to be all about hanging with his buddies, and seems quite comfy just chilling in Milwaukee. I know things can be viewed from many angles, but I follow numerous pro athletes along all levels, and he is the only one I have strongly considered ignoring because its like I am following a 14 year old boy. Its just down right annoying. Most guys tweet about successes, charities, or something about a recent game. He never mentions a word about any of that.
I often wonder why athletes tweet at all. What is really the upside in that? Especially in Blum's case. Other than perhaps the usual dejected athlete's boiler plate mantra about "working harder to get to where I need to be", there is no purpose in Blum tweeting a damned thing.

If I were an opposing GM thinking of taking him in a trade, these tweets would turn me off completely. Defensemen take longer to develop and have a lot of pressure on them, as their mistakes are magnified to the Nth degree. Teams look for mature defensemen, not big babies who whine about not being in the NHL. They want guys who keep their mouths shut and put in the effort to get back to the NHL. Blum's play spoke for itself while in the Show. He was given every opportunity to succeed, and his performance got him back to where he is now. He needs to suck it up and get his head back in the game.

Prederator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 12:46 PM
glenngineer

Something to think about as well with the tweeting, if the Preds had a big problem with it, they would've asked him to stop or change the tone of his tweets. It's their right as an employer.

glenngineer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 12:56 PM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 9000
I follow Blum as well, his tweets read more like a college kid than a professional athlete.

He is young and living the good life, I dont begrudge him, but may a seperate personal account would do him well.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 01:04 PM
Prederator

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Something to think about as well with the tweeting, if the Preds had a big problem with it, they would've asked him to stop or change the tone of his tweets. It's their right as an employer.
Again, what is the upside in him tweeting about immature stuff?...nothing...only downside, especially if the Preds management check in and read them from time to time. Just like putting embarrassing stuff on your Facebook page when applying for a job. One word for it...stupid.

Prederator is offline   Reply With Quote