HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carl Hagelin

Old
03-13-2012, 11:09 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
it's amazing how much speed, with the ability to play the boards can change the dynamic of the team. those 2 rockets paired with Richards has made Richards far more deadly, he can stretch the offense, he can find room, those guys zooming all over the plays have created havoc all over the offensive zone. they retrieve pucks so damn fast it's insane.

I think the biggest thing about Hagelin is he actually may be our best board player on the team. So he can play Torts hockey, while still zooming around the ice playing a transition game as well. thats HUGE.

Richards has been a born again player with these 2 guys. He looks downright dominating at times.

Now, go get me Kreider. You'd have possibly the 3 fastest guys in the NHL in the same lineup. Speed can erase a lot of mistakes out there.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 01:41 AM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

After watching the pre-season I wanted him on the roster, and he was one of the last cuts. I knew he would be one of the first guys up if we needed someone from Hartford. He has surpassed Zuke on the roster and even though I think having both is ideal, Zuke was clearly a step behind him.

He's so fast a creates space for the rest of his linemates, whoever it may be with that speed. Combine that with Gabby's speed and goal scoring, Richards has so much more space to create, and it looks good.

Is he a first liner in the future? It's possible, but I don't see him going any lower than the 3rd at this point in time and at any point in the near future. He's become an essential part of the core group management has put together.

Along with the current group, Kreider, McIlrath, Miller, and a cast of solid players in the juniors, this team is set up for long term success. It's going to be a time to make an impact trade at some point in time (possibly the draft) to get another 1st liner and add much more top end talent to our roster.

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 01:45 AM
Rangerfan4life90

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
After watching the pre-season I wanted him on the roster, and he was one of the last cuts. I knew he would be one of the first guys up if we needed someone from Hartford. He has surpassed Zuke on the roster and even though I think having both is ideal, Zuke was clearly a step behind him.

He's so fast a creates space for the rest of his linemates, whoever it may be with that speed. Combine that with Gabby's speed and goal scoring, Richards has so much more space to create, and it looks good.

Is he a first liner in the future? It's possible, but I don't see him going any lower than the 3rd at this point in time and at any point in the near future. He's become an essential part of the core group management has put together.

Along with the current group, Kreider, McIlrath, Miller, and a cast of solid players in the juniors, this team is set up for long term success. It's going to be a time to make an impact trade at some point in time (possibly the draft) to get another 1st liner and add much more top end talent to our roster.
Parise is the guy we'll definitely go hard at in the offseason

Rangerfan4life90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 08:14 AM
NYR Viper

I knew he could be a difference maker, but I never thought his offense would transition as well as it did by watching him in college.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 08:28 AM
FATCHAMALA11
Kneel Before Zod

Just a reminder for my fellow people in NJ. Hagelin is signing autographs tonight. I have nothing to do with this place. Just passing it along.

http://www.allamericanfordinhackensa...ograph_Signing

FATCHAMALA11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 08:40 AM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Hagelin is a pretty small player, but it's pretty impressive how good hid board work is.

Now I am stuck between getting a Callahan or Hagelin jersey...

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 10:45 AM
DekeR

I still cannot picture that line as a long term line. Richards and Cabby are two dynamic players that can make their own lines sing-given the proper personnel.
Gabby is 4th in the league with goals scored-not because of Richards. Give Gabby a good power forward that can clean up in front of the net, with maybe Hags and supply Richards with two 20+ goals scorers with good IQ and you have the makings of two solid lines. Couple that with our D and goaltending, that makes a solid team IMO. But the report card on Hags as a top six is still incomplete.

DekeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 12:05 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeR View Post
I still cannot picture that line as a long term line. Richards and Cabby are two dynamic players that can make their own lines sing-given the proper personnel.
Gabby is 4th in the league with goals scored-not because of Richards. Give Gabby a good power forward that can clean up in front of the net, with maybe Hags and supply Richards with two 20+ goals scorers with good IQ and you have the makings of two solid lines. Couple that with our D and goaltending, that makes a solid team IMO. But the report card on Hags as a top six is still incomplete.
if you put gabby and richards they pretty much have to score, every game. Rangers secondary scoring has been zilch since they were put together...maybe 3 or 4 chances a game from the other lines combined.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 12:10 PM
bogans

Quote:
Not sure I can get on board with the idea of two solid lines rather than one unstoppable one. I mean, Richards is one of the best playmakers in the game and belongs with one of the best scorers in Gabby. Otherwise he is wasting half of his brilliant passes. And if Gabby is not getting setup appropriately he is wasting half of his time on the ice. If they mesh and keep meshing, keep them together long term in my opinion.

bogans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 12:43 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
if you put gabby and richards they pretty much have to score, every game. Rangers secondary scoring has been zilch since they were put together...maybe 3 or 4 chances a game from the other lines combined.
Let's also keep in mind that since they have been put together, Callahan has not played. Callahan/Stepan/Anisimov or Dubinsky could be a solid second line in the playoffs.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 01:01 PM
Tumsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogans View Post
Not sure I can get on board with the idea of two solid lines rather than one unstoppable one. I mean, Richards is one of the best playmakers in the game and belongs with one of the best scorers in Gabby. Otherwise he is wasting half of his brilliant passes. And if Gabby is not getting setup appropriately he is wasting half of his time on the ice. If they mesh and keep meshing, keep them together long term in my opinion.
The pack line did decently well last year. They would have made a pretty good second line. The problem is that Dubi has struggled this year. The personnel is clearly there that can give the team the depth of scoring that they need. It's a matter of getting certain people back on track.

Just imagine Gabby-Richards-Hags followed by last years pack line.

Tumsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 01:03 PM
Stormer

Remember a possible second line of Krieder/Arty or Step/Cally..........Cally has 26, Arty I think is close to 15 and Krieder from what we hear has great hands

Stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 01:23 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik

==

return of
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan? (I'm sure Anisimov-Stepan-Callahan would do well as a line as well) follow up with
Feds-Stepan-Zuccarello (this could work )
Rupp-Boyle-Prust

would be interesting to see.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 01:25 PM
E Nixson