HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Evgeny Kuznetsov

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2012, 02:39 PM
Raikkonen
In GMBT we trust

vCash: 500
Well, with Radulov, Tarasenko and Kuznetsov all getting to NA this summer I could see some trend in it. Get russian players prepared for Olympics!!! =)))

KHL will be hit with such substractions. But Russian National Team won't.

I don't see a better way to prepare Kuznetsov for Sochi than to give him NHL experience. Either he can stand it or he is (almost) useless for Olympics. Ultimate test. Not much time left, I can see ppl behind KHL/RussianHockey acknoledge the situation and let him leave.

Last time Canada (and probably USA too) was stronger in all aspects. All russian players who didn't play in the NHL were very subpar in Olympics. And Sochi is more important than KHL itself. => They should let Kuzya pick his own way to the stardom.

Old
03-14-2012, 05:43 PM
Atas2000

Well, here comes the Bomb!

Kuznetsov officially quoted saying he is going to stay in the KHL next season.

http://www.sports.ru/hockey/138474149.html

Old
03-14-2012, 05:45 PM
PuckBuddy
Green for Selke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post

Why did a Russian news outlet quote the contract details in (presumably) US Dollars?

Old
03-14-2012, 05:52 PM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckBuddy View Post
Why did a Russian news outlet quote the contract details in (presumably) US Dollars?
Why not? As it's a more understandable in case of comparison. It's a news outlet as you wrote, not the official site of the league or the team. They would be obliged to put it in RUB.

Old
03-14-2012, 05:53 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:

Someone set us up the bomb.

Old
03-14-2012, 05:58 PM
PuckBuddy
Green for Selke

Quote:
Why not? As it's a more understandable in case of comparison. It's a news outlet as you wrote, not the official site of the league or the team. They would be obliged to put it in RUB.
I just mean that it seemed more a question of "why" rather than "why not" for me, since I would imagine that sports.ru readers are typically Russian and live their lives with the Ruble.

Is this common in Russian news in general?

Are KHL (or any) contracts actually denominated in non-Ruble currencies?

Not being argumentative, I'm just curious. Спасибо.

Old
03-14-2012, 06:08 PM
Capitlols

The inherent risk of drafting Russians.

Old
03-14-2012, 06:10 PM
NeilYoung

What a bummer. Had a feeling he wouldn't

Old
03-14-2012, 06:12 PM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitlols View Post
The inherent risk of drafting Russians.
Right now it seems so, but if you look at say Emelin's case it's not always
a loss that big. Maybe he will come over later as a complete player in his prime. But I'd have to say it would be fair of him to inform the Caps of his plans. They have to run a franchise too and it would be nice for them to know if he definitely going to stay home for another 5 years.

Old
03-14-2012, 06:20 PM
Atas2000

Quote:
I just mean that it seemed more a question of "why" rather than "why not" for me, since I would imagine that sports.ru readers are typically Russian and live their lives with the Ruble.

There is major factor. The KHL contracts aren't published like in the NHL and it's the player's union blocking it. So we basically have no idea which clauses they have regarding currencies or even the amounts. (that said the 2,5 mil can be only a rumor)Therefore NHL contracts are commonly used as a measuring stick. we're still in the dark about the real amounts in the KHL though. Yes, I'd say it's common for mention of sports contracts in general in the russian media.

Old
03-14-2012, 06:23 PM
Cush
-inator

Semin re-signing in 3..2..1...........

Old
03-14-2012, 06:25 PM
Raikkonen
In GMBT we trust

Quote:

1) Last 10-15 years the exchange rate wasn't stable enough, so we are used to use dollar/euro for prices.

2) While you can use 1-2-3-4..10 M dollars which is easy enough to compare contract estimation in rubles would be like 30-60-150 and so on. 1,5M $ is 45M rubles. Probably it's easier for owners to count their money in dollars => salaries nominated in dollars, then something is done to adjust it into the contract law-wise. As most russian business owners make their deals dollars-nominated (import/export, credits - mostly dollars) - they are thinking and calculating in dollars.

3) There is no official info about contracts in KHL. All these data is just speculation by sources close to clubs (should be true often).

4) In real life ppl use dollars to estimate less and less. For example, if you buy a car you don't think about its price in dollar/euro. 5 years ago it was different though. Hockey player's contract is too big for that, yet.

5) And maybe they want you to compare KHL/NHL contracts with comfort.

Old
03-14-2012, 06:26 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

vCash: 50
I remember seeing something about GMGM not having much contact at all with Kuznetsov until after the season. If that's the case, I don't know how you can't partially blame him for this. Who knows what Kuznetsov really understood about the situation.

Old
03-14-2012, 06:28 PM
hb11xchamps

Washington should be pressing Orlov to be recruiting him to come over. I dont understand Kuz he changes his mind all the time. It seems as if you hear something new every few weeks with him.

Old
03-14-2012, 06:28 PM
Capitlols

Its frustrating that we have to hope a prospect will come over and play, despite being ready. Not to mention the sense of entitlement said player has that he wont come unless given top 6
minutes.

Old
03-14-2012, 06:32 PM
PuckBuddy
Green for Selke

1998 isn't so far in the past, I guess.

Thanks for the info, guys.

Old
03-14-2012, 06:52 PM
sunnydaycrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonsofcain View Post
I remember seeing something about GMGM not having much contact at all with Kuznetsov until after the season. If that's the case, I don't know how you can't partially blame him for this. Who knows what Kuznetsov really understood about the situation.
I`m pretty sure I read where Kuz appreciated the fact he wasn`t being pestered into making a decision and seemed annoyed with being asked about it all the time.

Can`t fault Mcphee for him deciding to stay.

Old
03-14-2012, 06:54 PM
NeilYoung

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonsofcain View Post
I saw Mcphee at a couple of Russias WJC games, I think theres a decent chance he talked to him.

Old
03-14-2012, 06:59 PM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikkonen View Post
1) Last 10-15 years the exchange rate wasn't stable enough, so we are used to use dollar/euro for prices.

2) While you can use 1-2-3-4..10 M dollars which is easy enough to compare contract estimation in rubles would be like 30-60-150 and so on. 1,5M $ is 45M rubles. Probably it's easier for owners to count their money in dollars => salaries nominated in dollars, then something is done to adjust it into the contract law-wise. As most russian business owners make their deals dollars-nominated (import/export, credits - mostly dollars) - they are thinking and calculating in dollars.

3) There is no official info about contracts in KHL. All these data is just speculation by sources close to clubs (should be true often).

4) In real life ppl use dollars to estimate less and less. For example, if you buy a car you don't think about its price in dollar/euro. 5 years ago it was different though. Hockey player's contract is too big for that, yet.

5) And maybe they want you to compare KHL/NHL contracts with comfort.
1. The exchange rate WAS stable in those years. In fact Rubles are more stable than USD and Euro now. There is a 3% rate change since 1998.

2. "As most russian business owners make their deals dollars-nominated (import/export, credits - mostly dollars) - they are thinking and calculating in dollars."

This one is fairly old too. Nobody calculates in dollars anymore in Russia.

5. That's exactly what I think. If they call it in Rubles I'll have to convert the NHL contracts in Rubles too to compare.

Old
03-14-2012, 07:01 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

This really should be the final straw for George. If Ted doesn't fire him after this year... I don't know. But he should, after this.

Old
03-14-2012, 07:02 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post

This really should be the final straw for George. If Ted doesn't fire him after this year... I don't know. But he should, after this.
Why are you assuming this is on GMGM? Caps can't come close to a comparable offer in terms of $$, so unless he's staying over there for almost nothing this is out of GMGM's hands.

Old
03-14-2012, 07:03 PM
Langway
Intangibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilYoung View Post
I saw Mcphee at a couple of Russias WJC games, I think theres a decent chance he talked to him.
Seems likely based on reports it was just a short hello and not much more, which is probably not how to go about bonding with a high-end prospect. But...whatever. If he doesn't have the drive to be the best then he's not what this team needs anyway. Despite the accolades I'm not one that believes he'll step into the NHL and be a high-end player. Not unless he cleans up his game in a couple of areas.

Old
03-14-2012, 07:07 PM
sunnydaycrash

this makes the whole Gustafsson over Eberle pick even more painful

Old
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
Why are you assuming this is on GMGM? Caps can't come close to a comparable offer in terms of $$, so unless he's staying over there for almost nothing this is out of GMGM's hands.
Irrelevant.
You don't let a kid that skilled slip through your fingers. Period.

Old
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
Right now it seems so, but if you look at say Emelin's case it's not always
BTW: The Habs courted Emelin for FIVE years before he came over. He turned them down 3 times.

Closed Thread