HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 70|Predators @ Coyotes|7PM|3-12-12

Old
03-13-2012, 08:53 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Griffen's Army.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
He was good against the Sharks, no doubt. He came out of the gate with a sense of urgency and had an extra gear the entire game. Against Nashville he was back to his invisible floaty ways. The team is better off with Chipchura or Brule in the lineup.
He was also good against Minnesota. Especially in the third. Gonna take a lot more than a few games though. And the way Brule was playing before going down he has to be in the line up.

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 11:18 PM
MMDrumAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by frackiewicz View Post
On the way home from the game last night, we had to take a detour due to an accident on Olive and the 303. It's now been reported that two 16-year old boys on their way to the game were killed when their car was hit by a semi.

It's a sad day in Surprise, their families are in my thoughts.
Very, very heartbreaking, frackiewicz. Yes, they were on their way to the game. In an interview, their friend said they played together in a local hockey league and one of their nick names was "Doaner." The friend had a difficult time speaking, saying this is unreal, like a dream he can't wake up from. The news footage includes a photo of the boys at a previous Coyotes game. There is a vigil at the high school tonight.

As those of us who live in the area know, most of Loop 303 is not a freeway; it is a deadly road. Sad, sad day.

Last edited by MMDrumAZ: 03-13-2012 at 11:28 PM.
MMDrumAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 03:09 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Ugh...I wish I hadn't checked in on this thread. RIP young Coyote fans! :-(

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 03:23 AM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Griffen's Army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDrumMan View Post

As those of us who live in the area know, most of Loop 303 is not a freeway; it is a deadly road. Sad, sad day.
I'd venture it's one of the most dangerous in AZ. Especially at night.

They are improving it but much too slowly. Collisions happen all the time.

Old
03-14-2012, 07:04 AM
RafaNadal

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDrumMan View Post
Very, very heartbreaking, frackiewicz. Yes, they were on their way to the game. In an interview, their friend said they played together in a local hockey league and one of their nick names was "Doaner." The friend had a difficult time speaking, saying this is unreal, like a dream he can't wake up from. The news footage includes a photo of the boys at a previous Coyotes game. There is a vigil at the high school tonight.

Horrible. RIP.

Edit: Not the "doaner" that hangs around here?

RafaNadal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 09:32 AM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

When I went to polar ice yesterday some of the employees were talking abut it, so I'm guessing they were on a team there.
I hate the 303. It's a bad road but so many people treat it as a freeway, driving 65 and passing anyone going the speed limit. There's nowhere to go if you have to swerve, with all of the berms, canals, etc. and the intersection at olive is the worst, train tracks followed by a pile of bumps and potholes. It was already the site of a fatality, there is a cross there that is decorated regularly with holiday flowers, etc.

TickleMeYandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 01:02 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Quote:
When I went to polar ice yesterday some of the employees were talking abut it, so I'm guessing they were on a team there.
I hate the 303. It's a bad road but so many people treat it as a freeway, driving 65 and passing anyone going the speed limit. There's nowhere to go if you have to swerve, with all of the berms, canals, etc. and the intersection at olive is the worst, train tracks followed by a pile of bumps and potholes. It was already the site of a fatality, there is a cross there that is decorated regularly with holiday flowers, etc.
1st off, my condolences to the families of those killed and a shame to see this happen.

2nd while the 303 can be dangerous at times (I have been on more dangerous roads btw ie I-8 Devils Canyon) we still don't knw the outcome of the investgation as far as who had the right of way.

I can see where in the court of public opinion where one or the other can be at fault. Many will see the teen driver was a fault because teens are high risk drivers while those who drive a big rig are more responsible. Some will say the driver is at fault here because too many big rig driver drive such a truck like they are driving a car.

Also, any word from Bashes regarding this? No question their image here is at stake if the truck driver is at fault and their image took a big hit before with the bankruptcy mess.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 01:19 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTrollhunter View Post
Horrible. RIP.

Edit: Not the "doaner" that hangs around here?
The doaner nickname is from Flagstaff and is a police officer.

awfulwaffle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 01:25 PM
awfulwaffle

Sad story though. Why is 303 such a bad route to go through?

awfulwaffle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 02:16 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
303 is a highway that is built more to blend with with the regular roads. I have driven over that road many time to where I know to look both ways at least one more time once the green light gives me the right of way since people who drive on the 303 think they are driving on a highway because the sign says 303 but fail to understand they are not driving on an actual highway.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 02:30 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
One lane each direction.
No turning lane.
Some intersections with lights (the one where the accident happened has a light), but many with only stopsigns for the cross traffic.
No lighting.
speed limit is 50, but people drive 65-70.
No real shoulders - there are fields on either side, and many of them either have berms or irrigation canals. Hit a berm at 60mph and you can get launched. Hit a canal...well, it's not pretty.

I've seen so many examples of bad/aggressive driving on the 303. People not paying attention/texting/speeding - you name it, they do it. I get passed often by big SUVs/trucks driven by guys who can't stand driving behind someone who goes pretty close to the speed limit, often they cut it VERY close. I've seen quite a few near-misses, people really underestimate the speed of the oncoming traffic. It's scary. I avoid it as much as possible.

TickleMeYandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 03:29 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Griffen's Army.

Quote:
One lane each direction.
No turning lane.
Some intersections with lights (the one where the accident happened has a light), but many with only stopsigns for the cross traffic.
No lighting.
speed limit is 50, but people drive 65-70.
No real shoulders - there are fields on either side, and many of them either have berms or irrigation canals. Hit a berm at 60mph and you can get launched. Hit a canal...well, it's not pretty.
All of that stuff by itself isn't TOO bad an issue. It's that you combine all that stuff with the rapid growth in the west valley and it's just a disaster area. The Roads just didn't keep up.

Oddly enough starting at about Grand Ave, the 303 is probably the best freeway in the state. Brand new. The 303 South of Grand is where the issue is.

Old
03-14-2012, 06:47 PM
Dogmom9

Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
I saw that too. Reminds me of myself when I play NHL 12 online as a D. I always wanna get in there and score, but sacrifice my d abilities in the process.
He is constantly out of position and won't take or make a hit.
If he is so valuable as a scorer, make him a forward - seems he's more interested in that than being a defenseman.

I often wondered what game the TV broadcasters were watching when it came to honest, critical coverage of Yandle's play - I've just decided it's a serious case of man love!!

Dogmom9 is offline   Reply With Quote