HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Since it seems to be the 'thing' today...

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-15-2003, 12:05 PM
  #1
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
Registered User
 
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: E-town
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,645
vCash: 500
Since it seems to be the 'thing' today...

And it's post #1000 for me, I'll put up some moves I'd like to see the Oil make.

Option 1) Mike Comrie re-signs......

Shawn Horcoff+(probably Rita) to Buffalo for Tim Connolly and a prospect.

Scott Ferguson to lower-ranked team for a mid draft pick.

Tommy Salo to anywhere for draft pick.

draft pick or Brad Isbister to PHX for Brian Boucher

Smyth-Comrie-Hemsky
Torres/York-Connolly-Dvorak
York/Torres-Reasoner-Moreau
4th line is combo of of Pisani,Stoll,Laraque,Chimera,Salmelainen

Brewer(23min)-Semenov(16min)
Smith(22min)-Cross(18min)
Staios(25min)-Bergeron(16min)
(insert young acquired depth d-man here)

Conklin/Boucher

A good lineup yes? We could go after a different goalie, one of Biron/Noronen/Hurme/Gerber/Hackett would also fit nicely, just have to offer more, hopefully with Isbister included, so as not to screw-up my lineup.

Option 2) Comrie is gone...

Shawn Horcoff+picks to Buffalo for Tim Connolly.

Scott Ferguson to lower-ranked team for a mid draft pick.

Tommy Salo to anywhere for draft pick.

draft pick to ATL for Jani Hurme

Mike Comrie for.....I'm having trouble coming up with a deal here. Wanted to go to Tampa, but they have a center logjam. Most want a d-man here. Maybe to SJ for Stuart.

Isbister is still available to trade also, so maybe throw him in to get a better goalie, or add him to the Comrie deal

Smyth-Connolly-Hemsky
Torres-York-Dvorak
(Izzy or winger from other deal)-Reasoner-Moreau
4th line is combo of of Pisani,Stoll,Laraque,Chimera,Salmelainen

(D in no order)
Brewer-Stuart
Staios-Bergeron
Cross-Smith
Semenov

Hurme/Conklin(or better goalie if acquired in deal, such as Biron/Gerber/Hackett)

I think it can be seen that what's best for this team is having Lowe and Comrie find some way of working this thing out. That option 1 roster would roll so many teams....


And as I finish post #1000, I will make like Teemu Selanne scoring his record-breaking goal in his rookie season.....(off flies the glove, stick into rifle position, bang bang bang)

Don Cherry:does anyone have any mustard?!

LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 12:16 PM
  #2
OYLer
Registered User
 
OYLer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Win Desperate & Mad!
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
And it's post #1000 for me, ...
Hey LMHF#1, I guess that was such an impressive post it bolted ahead to post #1003.

Hey quit editting already!

OYLer is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 12:17 PM
  #3
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
Registered User
 
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: E-town
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OYLer
Hey LMHF#1, I guess that was such an impressive post it bolted ahead to post #1002.
The count just keeps on goin...I've posted 4 times since

Edit: I neglected to mention, Connolly and Reasoner could be swapped off and on in the 2nd lineup, and possibly the first.

LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 12:27 PM
  #4
FacelessButcher
Registered User
 
FacelessButcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
The count just keeps on goin...I've posted 4 times since
Isbister for Boucher is super over-payment he could be had for a 4th or 5th at his salary and problems he is having with management. Hurme has back problems and Hurme has near starter capabilities but is overly prone to slumps(just like Salo is in now) would not want to pair him with a young Conklin.

FacelessButcher is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 12:31 PM
  #5
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
Registered User
 
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: E-town
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
Isbister for Boucher is super over-payment he could be had for a 4th or 5th at his salary and problems he is having with management. Hurme has back problems and Hurme has near starter capabilities but is overly prone to slumps(just like Salo is in now) would not want to pair him with a young Conklin.
Which is exactly why I added to both suggestions.

LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 12:55 PM
  #6
OYLer
Registered User
 
OYLer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Win Desperate & Mad!
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
The count just keeps on goin...I've posted 4 times since

Edit: I neglected to mention, Connolly and Reasoner could be swapped off and on in the 2nd lineup, and possibly the first.
Hey LMHF#1, if you were really the Oilers' GM, and this is not a shot, and I mean this in the nicest way, GM would stand for Gone Maniacal. Alas, I guess that's just all part of your layed-back relaxed charm.

Frankly it is simply amazing because with the possible exception of acquiring Stuart, I disagree with you about every aspect of your 'what if scenario.' But that is why I frequent these boards is to broaden my horizons. It's just you have and out of this world capacity to propose changes that not only throws the baby out with the bath water but chucks out the tub and the kitchen sink along with them. And I'm sure you were joking when you wrote "Tommy Salo to anywhere for draft pick." But then maybe you weren't.

OYLer is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 01:01 PM
  #7
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
Registered User
 
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: E-town
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OYLer
Hey LMHF#1, if you were really the Oilers' GM, and this is not a shot, and I mean this in the nicest way, GM would stand for Gone Maniacal. Alas, I guess that's just all part of your layed-back relaxed charm.

Frankly it is simply amazing because with the possible exception of acquiring Stuart, I disagree with you about every aspect of your 'what if scenario.' But that is why I frequent these boards is to broaden my horizons. It's just you have and out of this world capacity to propose changes that not only throws the baby out with the bath water but chucks out the tub and the kitchen sink along with it. And I'm sure you were joking when you wrote "Tommy Salo to anywhere for draft pick." But then maybe you weren't.
Wasn't jokin at all, we're not gonna get much more. Not sure how it could be said that those lineups aren't a fair bit better than the one we have now, and I didn't sacrifice the future, in fact, I added a young possibly #1 center, a young goalie, and a young d-man in the various scenarios. Not sure exactly why ya think I'm so nuts Oyler, but hey, that's just part of bein me

LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 01:28 PM
  #8
OYLer
Registered User
 
OYLer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Win Desperate & Mad!
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
Wasn't jokin at all, we're not gonna get much more. Not sure how it could be said that those lineups aren't a fair bit better than the one we have now, and I didn't sacrifice the future, in fact, I added a young possibly #1 center, a young goalie, and a young d-man in the various scenarios. Not sure exactly why ya think I'm so nuts Oyler, but hey, that's just part of bein me
Hey I'm just recovering from the flu so you can have the last lord. Plus remember when it comes to supporting the Copper & Blue I can sometimes exhibit a somewhat unbalanced and overly enthusiastic response. Sport fanatic maniacs are characterized by excessive enthusiasm or excitement. Anyway I'm sure we'll disagree again later.

OYLer is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 01:30 PM
  #9
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
Registered User
 
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: E-town
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OYLer
Hey I'm just recovering from the flu so you can have the last lord. Plus remember when it comes to supporting the Copper & Blue I can sometimes exhibit a somewhat unbalanced and overly enthusiastic response. Sport fanatic maniacs are characterized by excessive enthusiasm or excitement. Anyway I'm sure we'll disagree again later.
Just was having trouble equating Scott Ferguson, Brad Isbister, Shawn Horcoff, and Tommy Salo with the tub and the kitchen sink

LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 02:52 PM
  #10
The Rage
Registered User
 
The Rage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Stamford Bridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,791
vCash: 500
problems

There are some huge problems with your proposed deals, Mr.Hemskeyfan. Firstly, I don't think anyone would pick up Salo unless: a) they were desperate for goaltending (which no one seams to be, as seen with the problems other teams are having with dumping goaltenders) and b) the Oilers were willing to pay a big part of Salo's salary (can you see the oilers doing that?). Detroit would give Cujo away for nothing, and would pay 5 mil of his salary, but no one is biting on that. And right now, Cujo would be a way better pick up than salo. Right now, Salo has zero trade value because of his play, his contract, and the goaltender situation around the league. However, he does have some value to us, because there is still the possibility that he may turn it around (which he seemed to be doing before his last injury). Secondly, Tim Connoly is looking like a major bust, and there's very little chance of him establishing himself as any sort of impact player. If we could get him for cheap, we should give it a go, but you can't expect him to be an improvement on anyone we have right now. Third, why would we dump ferguson for nothing? He's far from a great player, but he has one of the highest plus/minus on the team (top three I believe), and is highly useful as a third pair guy. Fourthly, why do you keep putting Pisani on the fourth line? What does this guy have to do to prove himself? He's been a big part of what has been our consistently best line over the past while. He's has very little natural talent (for an nhler), but he outscores the opposition because of his intelligence and defensive play. He gets the job done. Players like ferguson and pisani are not very fun to watch, but our team would definately be worse if we dumped them, or reduced their roles. You seem to be someone who prefers style over substance.

The Rage is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 02:54 PM
  #11
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
Registered User
 
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: E-town
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy3650
There are some huge problems with your proposed deals, Mr.Hemskeyfan. Firstly, I don't think anyone would pick up Salo unless: a) they were desperate for goaltending (which no one seams to be, as seen with the problems other teams are having with dumping goaltenders) and b) the Oilers were willing to pay a big part of Salo's salary (can you see the oilers doing that?). Detroit would give Cujo away for nothing, and would pay 5 mil of his salary, but no one is biting on that. And right now, Cujo would be a way better pick up than salo. Right now, Salo has zero trade value because of his play, his contract, and the goaltender situation around the league. However, he does have some value to us, because there is still the possibility that he may turn it around (which he seemed to be doing before his last injury). Secondly, Tim Connoly is looking like a major bust, and there's very little chance of him establishing himself as any sort of impact player. If we could get him for cheap, we should give it a go, but you can't expect him to be an improvement on anyone we have right now. Third, why would we dump ferguson for nothing? He's far from a great player, but he has one of the highest plus/minus on the team (top three I believe), and is highly useful as a third pair guy. Fourthly, why do you keep putting Pisani on the fourth line? What does this guy have to do to prove himself? He's been a big part of what has been our consistently best line over the past while. He's has very little natural talent (for an nhler), but he outscores the opposition because of his intelligence and defensive play. He gets the job done. Players like ferguson and pisani are not very fun to watch, but our team would definately be worse if we dumped them, or reduced their roles. You seem to be someone who prefers style over substance.
Ferguson is expendable, and picks are always useful. Pisani is on the 4th line because the other 3 lines are simply too good to have him there. He's a good hockey player, but there are also 9 other forwards on those rosters ahead of him. I'm aware Salo would be tough to deal. Not sure how you can say Connolly is a major bust, and he's an improvement on Horcoff.

LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 is offline  
Old
11-15-2003, 04:57 PM
  #12
The Rage
Registered User
 
The Rage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Stamford Bridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,791
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
Ferguson is expendable, and picks are always useful.
Ferguson is a useful guy to have around, and at most we'd get a low round pick unlikely to develop into an nhler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
Not sure how you can say Connolly is a major bust, and he's an improvement on Horcoff.
Connolly had 25 points in 80 games last year. I just don't understand your infatuation with this guy.

The Rage is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:40 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.