HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

The All Purpose Alexander Radulov Thread v1.0 (UPD: Does not have to clear waivers)

Closed Thread

Old
03-14-2012, 08:45 PM
PredsFanFromla

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
At 3am here it will be noon in Moscow. Noon is usually a good time for an announcement. If a decision has been made then chances are pretty good.

if a decision has been made and it gets announced at noon in moscow,then i am hoping to read on here that rads is coming to nashville when i wake up for work at 5:30am

Old
03-14-2012, 08:53 PM
AEM6729

If I had any technological know-how at all, I'd clip the meme I saw on Twitter last night into here...a picture of Radulov that says "Nah I don't have to clear waivers. You mad bro?"

Pretty sure the Preds fans on Twitter don't mind inciting other fan bases.

Old
03-14-2012, 08:57 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsboro View Post
Suter comments on #RadsWATCH (per Josh Cooper)

http://blogs.tennessean.com/predator...lov-situation/
is he happy rads is coming back or not? which one is it ? suter and the media .... *shakes head repeatedly*

his "for a while" comment means nothing.. talk is cheap. don't get your hopes up

Old
03-14-2012, 09:23 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
If I had any technological know-how at all, I'd clip the meme I saw on Twitter last night into here...a picture of Radulov that says "Nah I don't have to clear waivers. You mad bro?"

Pretty sure the Preds fans on Twitter don't mind inciting other fan bases.
Got a link?

Old
03-14-2012, 09:27 PM
PredsChik

It sounds like he was asked, from a leadership standpoint, how Rads coming back would effect the locker room and how they (the "leaders") would need to handle the situation. Then followed up with him saying Rads is a good guy and a good player and would be a helpful addition.

It seems to me it's okay to read into his comments if they make him seem like a villain but if he's saying the right things "talk is cheap".

Old
03-14-2012, 09:56 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsChik20 View Post
It sounds like he was asked, from a leadership standpoint, how Rads coming back would effect the locker room and how they (the "leaders") would need to handle the situation. Then followed up with him saying Rads is a good guy and a good player and would be a helpful addition.

It seems to me it's okay to read into his comments if they make him seem like a villain but if he's saying the right things "talk is cheap".
talk is cheap... let me know when suter has his name inked on a contract. don't hold your breath...

Old
03-14-2012, 09:57 PM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

vCash: 1225
Given we're expecting the (hopefully) good news tomorrow, I probably would have just stiff-armed reporters for the time being if I were Suter. Don't think it's a big deal regardless.

Old
03-14-2012, 09:58 PM
NoNecksCurse

I dont think rads coming back should be a problem at all.. all along suter and weber have "wanted to win".. well this drastically improves our team come playoff time so they should be more than happy

Old
03-14-2012, 10:00 PM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

vCash: 1225
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Got a link?

Old
03-14-2012, 10:10 PM
PredsChik

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
talk is cheap... let me know when suter has his name inked on a contract. don't hold your breath...
My problem comes from the assumption that he's 100% gone but Weber is going to be our superman and won't **** us over when there's no guarantee that either is true.

And Suter and Weber have wanted him back. He'll help us win which is what they want. His response was clearly answering a question about dealing with the locker room if he does. These players are professionals but you can't think that there's not going to be some hard feelings if you're Hali or Smith or Wilson and you're sitting because Rads decided to come back and it is something that they'll have to deal with the right way bc there can definitely be issues if they don't.

That said. I really hope he comes back and that the chemistry isn't bothered too much.

Last edited by PredsChik: 03-14-2012 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Responded to a separate quote
Old
03-14-2012, 10:49 PM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsChik20 View Post
My problem comes from the assumption that he's 100% gone but Weber is going to be our superman and won't **** us over when there's no guarantee that either is true.

And Suter and Weber have wanted him back. He'll help us win which is what they want. His response was clearly answering a question about dealing with the locker room if he does. These players are professionals but you can't think that there's not going to be some hard feelings if you're Hali or Smith or Wilson and you're sitting because Rads decided to come back and it is something that they'll have to deal with the right way bc there can definitely be issues if they don't.

That said. I really hope he comes back and that the chemistry isn't bothered too much.
How is Radus addition to the team any different from AKs signing. Guys like Wilson, Hals, Bourque, and Smith were knocked down one peg with Andrei's arrival. Same with Radulov. If they want to play, they have to prove they are the best option for the team. I've said it before, I see this as a bonus deadline trade/addition.

Old
03-14-2012, 11:27 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by WartracePred View Post
How is Radus addition to the team any different from AKs signing. Guys like Wilson, Hals, Bourque, and Smith were knocked down one peg with Andrei's arrival. Same with Radulov. If they want to play, they have to prove they are the best option for the team. I've said it before, I see this as a bonus deadline trade/addition.
There is still going to be animosity whether it is vocalized or not. Guys like Wilson,Smith and Halischuck have been big contributors this year. The way I see it 2 of Wilson,Smith,Bourque,Halischuck are going to be scratched every game assuming everyone is healthy. Can't forgot about Yip, he's played solid since being picked up and it's hard to imagine him getting in the lineup now. There will be some unhappy campers but hopefully they handle it in stride.

How do you think Matt Hassleback feels right now? At least they don't have it that bad.

Old
03-14-2012, 11:48 PM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
There is still going to be animosity whether it is vocalized or not. Guys like Wilson,Smith and Halischuck have been big contributors this year. The way I see it 2 of Wilson,Smith,Bourque,Halischuck are going to be scratched every game assuming everyone is healthy. Can't forgot about Yip, he's played solid since being picked up and it's hard to imagine him getting in the lineup now. There will be some unhappy campers but hopefully they handle it in stride.

How do you think Matt Hassleback feels right now? At least they don't have it that bad.
Do you think these guys felt the same when AK was acquired? I his return affects these guys exactly the same.

Old
03-15-2012, 12:03 AM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Guys, I got this. This old magic 8 ball I found in my basement says "very likely" every time I ask if Rads is coming back to the NHL. I've asked the question 5 times and I get the same answer!

I also asked it if I'd find a one night stand this weekend, to which it replied "Outlook not so good"

.....this thing must be broken.

Old
03-15-2012, 12:08 AM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1190
Congrats Preds fans on getting a great player back. You took one on the chin a few years back and it is only right that he comes back to you. I always admired how your team always keeps fighting. Good luck in the playoffs and I honestly hope you able to sign your 2 big guns on the back end. I lot of us up here in Manitoba have a soft spot for the Preds because of TOOTOO. I remember him in Junior...loved his game ever since. Your my my pick for the Cup (after the Jets of course).

Old
03-15-2012, 12:11 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
Guys, I got this. This old magic 8 ball I found in my basement says "very likely" every time I ask if Rads is coming back to the NHL. I've asked the question 5 times and I get the same answer!

I also asked it if I'd find a one night stand this weekend, to which it replied "Outlook not so good"

or spot on
Attached Images
File Type: jpg one-night-stand822.jpg‎ (56.9 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by kypredsfan: 03-15-2012 at 12:20 AM.
Old
03-15-2012, 12:28 AM
zellthemedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBogo View Post
Congrats Preds fans on getting a great player back. You took one on the chin a few years back and it is only right that he comes back to you. I always admired how your team always keeps fighting. Good luck in the playoffs and I honestly hope you able to sign your 2 big guns on the back end. I lot of us up here in Manitoba have a soft spot for the Preds because of TOOTOO. I remember him in Junior...loved his game ever since. Your my my pick for the Cup (after the Jets of course).
Well...he's not exactly officially back yet...and I'm not going to hold my breath until he gets off the plane in Nashville.

Old
03-15-2012, 03:48 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
JUST COME BACK TO NASHVILLE, RADULOV!!!!!

ahhh, I feel better now...

It's after 3:30AM and there is no news.....I feel like we are all like crackheads looking for news about Radulov. Constantly refreshing pages, I need some news, where's the news, anyone got any new news, won't calm down until we know something....

As far as other teams/players/fans being upset....SCREW. YOU. If you didn't feel bad for us when Rads left, don't be upset now that he may be coming back. You're really just upset that your team didn't get a shot at claiming him on waivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post

Old
03-15-2012, 03:57 AM
JetsAlternate

Well, the league now has two cave trolls named Alexander.

Old
03-15-2012, 04:02 AM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Remember when fans of other teams thought we were moving to Canada for many reasons......one of which was Radulov leaving?? Now it all (hopefully) comes full circle.

Old
03-15-2012, 04:05 AM
JetsAlternate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Remember when fans of other teams thought we were moving to Canada for many reasons......one of which was Radulov leaving?? Now it all (hopefully) comes full circle.
This city sure has changed everybody's minds around completely since then. Nashville went from a a struggling, non-hockey market to one of the best in the NHL. You've even gained fans from Hamilton, I bet. Congratulations.

Last edited by JetsAlternate: 03-15-2012 at 04:11 AM.
Old
03-15-2012, 05:15 AM
tserberis*

6:14 am est. nothing yet.

I am on the watch now...

Old
03-15-2012, 05:50 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
6:14 am est. nothing yet.

I am on the watch now...
I've been on the watch all damn night here at work. waiting....................

Old
03-15-2012, 06:06 AM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsFanFromla View Post
if a decision has been made and it gets announced at noon in moscow,then i am hoping to read on here that rads is coming to nashville when i wake up for work at 5:30am
Me too...now I'm disappointed. Man, if he doesn't come over, I'm going to be kinda mad all over again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
Yesssss.

Old
03-15-2012, 06:16 AM
SK74 Snipes

Can we get some news?!?!?!?!

Closed Thread