HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Senators Prospect Info 2011-2012 Season, Part V

Closed Thread

Old
03-13-2012, 06:15 PM
sg58

vCash: 500
This series is an interesting challenge for him, playing against (albeit old) former NHL checking liners. So far, no points with the goalie in the net.

His line have been creating a few chances though, I wouldn't be too worried.

Old
03-13-2012, 06:53 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Nothing wrong with saying something negative.

Just nothing to gain by being disappointed by 1 game. It's typical of any player.
Of course but you have to take the good with the bad and not ignore the whole picture. Personally, I think the hype around Silfverberg is reaching Rundblad proportions. The expectations being put on him right now are completely unrealistic.

Old
03-13-2012, 08:12 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Of course but you have to take the good with the bad and not ignore the whole picture. Personally, I think the hype around Silfverberg is reaching Rundblad proportions. The expectations being put on him right now are completely unrealistic.
I turn my head just as fast at the claims that he's going to be a sure shot Calder nominee. I was this close to lashing out at Calle Jarnkrok for saying Silfverberg will walk into the NHL and dominate .

My pet peeve is how people talk about these prospects all year, or over several years, without getting a chance to see them (or barely), especially Silfverberg as he's become highly touted. But then when they do get a chance to see them, they can use that one game to determine what that player is. "Oh no, Silfverberg really didn't live up to my expectations in those 60 minutes", I mean, we all know every good player plays good every minute he ever plays.

My point is, the guy needs to be either pretty damn amazing or pretty damn brutal for me to be elated or disappointed with an effort in one game. Otherwise whether he was bad or good, or just meh, you note it...and keep watching. It's gotten to the point now with Silfverberg that I'm not gonna put much stock into what he does, good or bad, until he's in Ottawa.

No way will I let myself be disappointed by his play though...what he's accomplished so far speaks for itself.

Old
03-13-2012, 09:31 PM
jmor
Sens and Jets

Wait a minute, does Silfverberg really wear #100? How is that legal?

I don't even...

Old
03-13-2012, 09:33 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmor View Post

I don't even...
100 year anniversary for Brynas.

Old
03-13-2012, 09:38 PM
Sensnation55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny View Post
Get off your high horse. You must not have any idea how arrogant you sound sometimes. Quit acting like your opinion is to this message board what the Qur'an is to the Islamic faith.
Mr Perry is having a bad day it seems

Old
03-13-2012, 10:20 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmor View Post

I don't even...
Brynas 100 year anniversary. They had the captain wear #100. Not sure if that flies in the NHL or not though...kinda doubt it.

Old
03-13-2012, 10:22 PM
playasRus

vCash: 50
Quote:
Brynas 100 year anniversary. They had the captain wear #100. Not sure if that flies in the NHL or not though...kinda doubt it.
Habs 100th happened recently no?

Old
03-13-2012, 10:25 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by playasRus View Post
Habs 100th happened recently no?
Ya it was the 100th, wasn't it....even then we wouldn't know for sure, there's no guarantee Montreal had any interest in putting #100 on someone. I think it's kinda funny.

I'd certainly be interested in getting my hands on one of those jerseys though. Pretty cool jersey.

Old
03-13-2012, 10:32 PM
Curtinho
YNWA

Silfverberg is allowed to have an off day. Even Malkin and Crosby occasionally don't score or look good. It's been how long since he didn't get a point in a game? He's been an absolute monster. He could not score at all this playoffs and I would just blame it on him being burnt out from the regular season.

Last edited by PatrickEaves: 03-13-2012 at 10:43 PM. Reason: deleted qdp
Old
03-13-2012, 10:49 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny View Post
Get off your high horse. You must not have any idea how arrogant you sound sometimes. Quit acting like your opinion is to this message board what the Qur'an is to the Islamic faith.
I don't think MoO's post was directed solely at you. IMO he was just addressing the fact that a lot of posters assess a player as being great or **** without seeing much of there play or them play at all. Therefore a lot of projections about how well a player will perform and if they are good enough to potentially be a calder candidate are not really substantiated by anything else than interpretation of player statistics.

With that stated, you may have very well seen Silfverberg play a significant amount of times to both validate and substantiate your projections for him as being a Calder candidate next season. Therefore MoO was wrong to assume that just because a large amount of posters are unable to substantiate their assessment of a player and projections for that players future performance due to the fact that they haven't or only have limited viewings of a given prospect, that you are part of that grouping.

Old
03-14-2012, 12:01 AM
derriko

vCash: 50
If Mika continued his .5 ppg pace and played a whole season he would be 3rd on the team in scoring behind Nilson and Ottosson, who are 36 and 34 years old. Nilsson even played 9-10 years in the NHL.

People get down on his stats but that is not bad at all, considering he started out cold and is playing in the 3rd best league in the world.

Old
03-14-2012, 04:07 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
If Mika continued his .5 ppg pace and played a whole season he would be 3rd on the team in scoring behind Nilson and Ottosson, who are 36 and 34 years old. Nilsson even played 9-10 years in the NHL.

People get down on his stats but that is not bad at all, considering he started out cold and is playing in the 3rd best league in the world.
People do get down on his stats and it is kinda odd. They are good numbers for an 18 year old and I can imagine playing on a team going through a dreadful season didn't help anyways. He'd probably be a 100 point player in the OHL.

By the way, Silfverberg just won the SEL MVP voted on by the players.

Old
03-14-2012, 04:13 AM
Glory

Silfverberg most valuable player in SEL according to the players.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...cle14520154.ab

Old
03-14-2012, 02:33 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All

He's a leader.

Old
03-14-2012, 02:59 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
People do get down on his stats and it is kinda odd. They are good numbers for an 18 year old and I can imagine playing on a team going through a dreadful season didn't help anyways. He'd probably be a 100 point player in the OHL.

By the way, Silfverberg just won the SEL MVP voted on by the players.
While stats are one indicator, there are a number of other factors I like to look at. First, with scouting, coaching & players all being so much better these days, being ranked & picked in the top ten is an indicator to me that scouts think the kid has elite skills including his skating. He could bust but the chances are slim to none IMO. Second, he already has NHL size so if he can't make the top 6 he will certainly be a bottom 6 player so one way or the other we will get an NHL player with potential to move up. His size will help him battle the bigger, tougher NHL players & building strength over time will increase an already agressive compete level.

Third, what has he done lately, he was picked to represent Sweden in the WJC & was lucky enough to get the GWG & win the championship game under that kind of scrutiny & pressure, not bad. He played nine regular season games in the NHL & while not scoring he seemed to do alright & Maclean seemed to want to keep him. He may not have had a great season but he had a good season for an 18 yr old in the SEL, a men's pro league. Combine all these things & the teammates in Ottawa Mika will be playing with next yr puts him IMO in a position to succeed. I think he will be a pretty good player for us & our management team will hopefully keep expectations reasonable for a young guy.

Although the same can't be said for Silfverberg who was a longer shot to make the NHL when he was drafted, the fact that he played so well this yr in the SEL & was voted MVP by his peers is a very good indication we have ourselves another elite player for next season. The addition of these two guys will at the least increase the skill on the team something they could use a little more of.

Old
03-14-2012, 04:50 PM
Pietraneglo222
WwWwW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory View Post
Silfverberg most valuable player in SEL according to the players.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...cle14520154.ab
7.0C according to HF's John Henkelman :]

and Stone doesn't have 2nd line upside.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...enators_top20/

Old
03-14-2012, 05:15 PM
MattSens65

Ya doesn't make much sense.

Old
03-14-2012, 06:03 PM
Sensfanman

Also, Prince remains seriously underrated. He's not THAT small.

Old
03-14-2012, 06:36 PM
N Bahn Ahden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
7.0C according to HF's John Henkelman :]

and Stone doesn't have 2nd line upside.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...enators_top20/
The HF ratingss are there for people who don't know any better, so, welcome to the club of those who know better.

Last edited by N Bahn Ahden: 03-15-2012 at 03:13 AM.
Old
03-15-2012, 12:08 AM
NuxFan09

Prospect results - Wednesday March 14/12

CHL

WHL

RW Mark Stone had 2 assists, 2 PIMS and was +2 for the Brandon Wheat Kings in a 3-2 shootout loss to the Moose Jaw Warriors. He was the only Brandon shooter to score in the shootout.

LW Darren Kramer scored a goal, picked up 2 PIMS and was +1 for the Spokane Chiefs in a 6-4 win over the Kamloops Blazers.

D Jordan Franzoo didn't pick up any points and was +1 for the Victora Royals in their 4-3 win over the Portland Winterhawks.

OHL

RW Stefan Noesen picked up an assist, 4 PIMS and was +1 for the Plymouth Whalers in a 5-3 win over the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds.

QMJHL

C Jean-Gabriel Pageau was not in the lineup for the Chicoutimi Sagueneens in their 4-0 win over the Baie-Comeau Drakkar. He suffered an upper body injury in Sunday's game against the Victoriaville Tigres and is expected to miss about a week. (http://www.sagueneens.com/article/le...er-sans-pageau)

__________________________________________________ _________________________

The NCAA conference tournaments resume tomorrow and throughout the weekend. As a refresher, these are the Sens college prospects still in action:

D Chris Wideman - Miami University (CCHA)

D Ben Blood - University of North Dakota (WCHA)

Old
03-15-2012, 12:51 AM
Xspyrit

vCash: 1000
Ya, HF ratings aren't the most exact science in the word, to say the least

Can't say I agree with those.

Andre Petersson 7.0D
Wacey Hamilton 7.0D

Jakob Silfverberg 7.0C
Stephane Da Costa 6.5C
Jakub Culek 7.0D

Stefan Noesen 7.0C
Mark Stone 6.5C

Patrick Wiercioch 6.5C
Michael Sdao 5.5D

Old
03-15-2012, 12:58 AM
Manny*

Everybody mad.

Old
03-15-2012, 03:06 AM
Philadelphia Collins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezzator View Post
Prospect results - Wednesday March 14/12

CHL

WHL

RW Mark Stone had 2 assists, 2 PIMS and was +2 for the Brandon Wheat Kings in a 3-2 shootout loss to the Moose Jaw Warriors. He was the only Brandon shooter to score in the shootout.

LW Darren Kramer scored a goal, picked up 2 PIMS and was +1 for the Spokane Chiefs in a 6-4 win over the Kamloops Blazers.

D Jordan Franzoo didn't pick up any points and was +1 for the Victora Royals in their 4-3 win over the Portland Winterhawks.

OHL

RW Stefan Noesen picked up an assist, 4 PIMS and was +1 for the Plymouth Whalers in a 5-3 win over the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds.

QMJHL

C Jean-Gabriel Pageau was not in the lineup for the Chicoutimi Sagueneens in their 4-0 win over the Baie-Comeau Drakkar. He suffered an upper body injury in Sunday's game against the Victoriaville Tigres and is expected to miss about a week. (http://www.sagueneens.com/article/le...er-sans-pageau)

__________________________________________________ _________________________

The NCAA conference tournaments resume tomorrow and throughout the weekend. As a refresher, these are the Sens college prospects still in action:

D Chris Wideman - Miami University (CCHA)

D Ben Blood - University of North Dakota (WCHA)
How bad is Brandon going to be next year with Stone gone?

Old
03-15-2012, 03:36 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Collins View Post
How bad is Brandon going to be next year with Stone gone?
Not as bad as you might think....Pulock, Roy, Nikkel, really good young trio of Dmen. Brandon's one of those franchises that always seems to stay in it.

Closed Thread