Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Mathieu Corbeil-Theriault

Old
09-04-2011, 05:13 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 2000
Mathieu Corbeil-Theriault

What's the down low on this kid? I really liked him in his draft year but he seems to have slid a bit in his performance and future potential.

Where does he stand right now? Is he the legit go-to guy in Saint John?

@DubFromAbove
@Avs_Tweets
R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 05:36 PM
BLBarmada

vCash: 500
He should be, it all depends on him...

BLBarmada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 11:08 PM
xMenace

I think he can be the guy. The jury`s still out though. He`s a big guy. If his strength has developed enough to carry his size and he has maintained his flexibility -- so may big kids lose it at this age -- he can do very well. He needs to turn up his mental game too, not something you want to say about a 20. From what I`ve seen so far, I`m hopeful.

xMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 09:38 AM
peicurler91

I can see Saint John looking for another goalie if they try to make a run at the cup again. Corbeil just isn't that good of a goalie. He has his good games, but he has a lot more bad games.

peicurler91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 03:18 PM
hockeydadinnb

He certainly has the potential to be the Dogs go to guy. His biggest knock coming into Saint John was, as many posters here have mentioned, is his lack of focus at times. What some people tend to forget is that he was playing on a very weak team, offensively and defensively , in Halifax. Under these circumstances, it can be easy for a kid his age to loose focus. He had some solid games last year going into the stretch and playoffs and his confidence level was increasing game by game.

Once he returns from his NHL camp, it will be interesting how he does. As the old saying goes...it's his job to loose.

hockeydadinnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 11:40 AM
JP11

Stuck on a bad team and then behind DeSerres last year, it's no wonder his stock did drop. He hasn't given me any reason to worry yet from his play yet, so I see him as the go-to guy. I can definitely see the dogs bringing in somebody else, though, if he gets injured or if he doesn't perform to his full potential. Auger hasn't really shown much promise as a consistent starter in any frame of mind.

JP11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 02:21 PM
JohnnyB11

Well, it's early in the season but from a statistical standpoint Corbeil is 2nd overall in GAA (2.48), 2nd overall in save percentage (.912), and 3rd overall in wins (6). Seems like he's doing the job, he's looking more confident than ever, if he continues like this I don't see what the Dogs gain by dealing him.

JohnnyB11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 05:08 PM
goldentanks

from corbeil's twitter account (@mathieutcorbeil)

Quote:
Leaving for Columbus tonight! Backing up in tomoro night's game against Dallas #CBJ #NHL #whatsuppppp
i didn't expect a call up already

goldentanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 08:14 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

He's been...okay. Saint John's defence is a shadow of what it was. Still good, but last season's D was ridiculous.

GM17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 08:54 AM
lildavid26
Rookie User

had a shut out last night against moose, had some pretty good saves

lildavid26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 01:53 PM
yoplait

So how has his play been this year? Stats-wise it seems pretty good as he's tops in the Q in GAA at 2.29 and i think up there for SV% at .914. I realize they do have a great team in Saint-John so i was wondering if he is just benefitting from that or if he is finally putting it all together or maybe a combo of both? As he did seem to have the raw talent and the size to be a good goaltender.

yoplait is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 02:33 PM
RJQuack

TBH, A beerleaguer could put up those stats with that team in front of him He has improved a bit with SJ, but he's number 1 becuase of the guys in front of him... He was cringe worthy in Halifax...

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 10:32 PM
JohnnyB11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
TBH, A beerleaguer could put up those stats with that team in front of him He has improved a bit with SJ, but he's number 1 becuase of the guys in front of him... He was cringe worthy in Halifax...
And he's nothing like he was in Halifax. Call him what you will, but Corbeil has played well for SJ this year in site of all the doubters (mostly Moosehead fans, with good reason). His mental game has improved greatly, likely due to playing behind a strong team for the first time in his Q career.

JohnnyB11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 04:33 AM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB11 View Post
And he's nothing like he was in Halifax. Call him what you will, but Corbeil has played well for SJ this year in site of all the doubters (mostly Moosehead fans, with good reason). His mental game has improved greatly, likely due to playing behind a strong team for the first time in his Q career.
That's what I was driving at... He has an AMAZING D infront of him... The 6th D in SJ is better than the #1 the Moose had during his tenure here

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote