HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Trade == offense fail

Old
03-14-2012, 08:06 PM
Bizz06
Registered Goon

vCash: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by VP and GM View Post
come on, the team is playing like ****, so the new guys are playing like **** also. If the team was undefeated during this time since these deals you'd all be saying how we ripped off our trade partners in these deals. None of these guys are expected to be big offensive's producers anyway, it's the top 6 that's letting us down.
you mean the middle 6, the top 3 are the only ones doing **** right now.

Bizz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 08:46 PM
19sharks19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VP and GM View Post
come on, the team is playing like ****, so the new guys are playing like **** also. If the team was undefeated during this time since these deals you'd all be saying how we ripped off our trade partners in these deals. None of these guys are expected to be big offensive's producers anyway, it's the top 6 that's letting us down.
but, we are only a 4 player team right now. They are the top 4 of the front 6! Support is what is missing and, as Jeasy pointed out, meaning AT LEAST 'a' goal every other game.

19sharks19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 09:06 PM
sjshrky27

McGuinn 2 goals, ties it with .07 seconds.

Trade Marleau and Thornton for McGuinn
Fire DW

sjshrky27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 09:18 PM
Rip Riley

in game 82 McGinn scores the game winning goal to put colorado in 8th and put san jose in 9th

Rip Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 09:27 PM
SactoShark
fun must be alwalys

vCash: 137
Kurz was right.

SactoShark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 09:37 PM
param

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoShark View Post
Kurz was right.

Wanted to come in and say the exact same thing.

param is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 01:50 AM
dwood16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Wynan View Post
So just because a player isn't scoring he isn't doing anything? Winnik and Moore were used as a shutdown line for several games and were really successful at it. Galiardi hasn't played nearly enough for anyone to pass judgment on his contributions.

McGinn scored some goals on the back of an unsustainable shooting percentage and power play time. He and Handzus were terrible at possession and you can see how well Mitchell has done since those two dead weights were removed. I'm happy for Jamie that he's scored some goals for Colorado but he's seen substantially more ice time with the Avs and is playing with a much better center in Stastny. He's also shooting something like 23% - his performance is a mirage. Allowing a seven-game sample size to color his view of McGinn (while using equally small samples to incriminate Winnik and Galiardi) is what makes Kurz an idiot, along with basically everything else that's come out of his mouth this season. For all his "insider" knowledge he appears to also be incapable of actually understanding what he's seeing when watching a player or he wouldn't be lauding McGinn for his contributions in teal.
I don't agree with you on much... but Handzus has been dragging his linemates down all year. McGinn is proving the Sharks system and/or Handzus was a huge reason why he didn't produce more. That and the coach not using him properly and more.

dwood16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 08:04 AM
Plowevelski
:-)) Torres Fan Club

McGinn is a beast... I knew this trade was stupid. And I knew his first game with the Avs wasn't some fluke like fat Bernier's 1st was with Buffalo after the Campbell trade either... Yes I'm totally bragging about my own predictions and I don't care.

Should have signed Wellwood for peanuts, should have kept McGinn. Doug Failson and the Koala should have their pink slips pro-cessed whether or not we squeak into the playoffs or not honestly. What a joke.

Kurz is a joke too but losing J Mac for 3 ghosts really blows.

Plowevelski is offline   Reply With Quote