HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

The All Purpose Alexander Radulov Thread v1.0 (UPD: Does not have to clear waivers)

Closed Thread

Old
03-15-2012, 08:43 AM
RaiderDoug

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I am back to "I'll believe it when I see it" status....
I never left it.

That said, between this and the Manning/Titans drama, I'm going to be wearing out twitter today.

Old
03-15-2012, 08:43 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikkonen View Post
If Radulov will come to NA and become RFA in the summer, will he sign with Nashville?
Haven't gotten that far ahead yet.

Old
03-15-2012, 08:50 AM
tserberis*

Got It!!!

First and most important: player can't terminate contract on his own from the moment PO in KHL starts till April 30.

Old
03-15-2012, 08:55 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

So now we're waiting on Ufa to agree to terminate?

Old
03-15-2012, 08:57 AM
tserberis*

Now to 2/3 thing.

The player that didn't reach 29 years old will have to pay his club 2/3 of the money he was set to make on his contract from the date he terminates it till the end of the contract.
Example: player is set to make 3 mil in his last year, he decide to terminate the contract. Now he has to pay his club 2 mil.

Old
03-15-2012, 08:59 AM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
Got It!!!

First and most important: player can't terminate contract on his own from the moment PO in KHL starts till April 30.
How very Russian of them to hold this out until April 30 if that's indeed what they do...

Old
03-15-2012, 09:01 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Got It!!!

didn't the KHL give him clearance already?

Old
03-15-2012, 09:02 AM
token grinder

If Radulov wanted to leave and had any intention of coming back to Russia when his NHL days were over, they need to let him do what he wants here. I would assume he would see it as the KHL delaying a payday for him and the insult of not being coddled could haunt them

Old
03-15-2012, 09:07 AM
wadesworld

Frustrating that the club is holding him up over this. They had to have known for weeks this was his possible intention. Why wait until the last day to either say, "You can go" or "We're not letting you walk without penalty?"

I guess the fortunate thing is that if Radulov had no idea they were going to do this, it may just be an attempt to save money - that is, they save 2/3 of his salary if they force his hand into leaving on his own. For sure that will make Rads very angry and leave no chance of him staying.

Old
03-15-2012, 09:08 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesworld View Post
Frustrating that the club is holding him up over this. They had to have known for weeks this was his possible intention. Why wait until the last day to either say, "You can go" or "We're not letting you walk without penalty?"
$$$$

Old
03-15-2012, 09:16 AM
Adz

I thought his contract was up on April 30. "2/3 of the money he was set to make on his contract from the date he terminates it till the end of the contract"---wouldn't that be 2/3 of the amount from now til April 30?

Old
03-15-2012, 09:18 AM
Bad Karma

I think he's still got a year left on his KHL contract.

Old
03-15-2012, 09:20 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

I would imagine that this clause has to be one of the first things they figured out before getting this far. I hope

Old
03-15-2012, 09:26 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Ouch ... It's looking like the fall if at all

Old
03-15-2012, 09:26 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Now surfacing that the team wants to retain his rights, which they can't do unless he leaves in the fall...so Ufa is, as of now, refusing to let him go. Rads' mind is made up, but it might not matter.

Old
03-15-2012, 09:30 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Now to 2/3 thing.

The player that didn't reach 29 years old will have to pay his club 2/3 of the money he was set to make on his contract from the date he terminates it till the end of the contract.
Example: player is set to make 3 mil in his last year, he decide to terminate the contract. Now he has to pay his club 2 mil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Now surfacing that the team wants to retain his rights, which they can't do unless he leaves in the fall...so Ufa is, as of now, refusing to let him go. Rads' mind is made up, but it might not matter.
this is what really chaps my ass... he had no problem saying **** you to us and ******** all over his NHL contract but he's letting himself be bound by the KHL contract rules???

Im thinking the whole thing will come down to whether we want to pay Ufa to release him.... I have thought all along it would come down to that.... and Im surprised it hasnt been brought up sooner...

Old
03-15-2012, 09:30 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Great. Well a silver lining may be that this severs any good feelings Rads had for the KHL and we have no problem keeping him here in the future.

Old
03-15-2012, 09:33 AM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Quote:
Not seeing how him leaving now or in the fall allows Ufa to retain his rights since his contract expires after next year anyway. Are they saying in the case of if he comes back, plays in the playoffs for us, then goes back to Ufa for next year? I would think technically, that's no different than what he did with us. They can just "suspend" him and let him go while technically keeping his rights.

But it's Russia. Can't say I'm surprised. This whole thing seemed to be going wwaaaaayyyy too easily up to this point.

Looking more and more like we may get a full year of discounted Rads after all, maybe, perhaps.

Old
03-15-2012, 09:36 AM
tserberis*

Continue:
Player will have to pay that money in two month.
Club will still hold the right for that player till the time contract was set to expire. Player becomes RFA at the time his terminated contract expires.
Club can trade his right to other clubs and make a new offer to that player.

If player does not fulfill his financial responsibilities with the club, he becomes suspended player and that club holds right for that player for unlimited period of time.

If player decide to come back to the KHL he must notify KHL and Club in writing and he must fulfill his contract with that club, meaning play it out.

Old
03-15-2012, 09:36 AM
dubgeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
this is what really chaps my ass... he had no problem saying **** you to us and ******** all over his NHL contract but he's letting himself be bound by the KHL contract rules???

Im thinking the whole thing will come down to whether we want to pay Ufa to release him.... I have thought all along it would come down to that.... and Im surprised it hasnt been brought up sooner...
I think he difference is there was no agreement between the NHL and the KHL at the time Radulov bolted. There is now. So, unfortunately, the NHL are legally obligated to honor the Ufa contract if they refuse to release him despite the approval from the KHL itself. Even if he left Russia and showed up at the doorstep of Bridgestone to play the NHL couldn't let him do it.

Old
03-15-2012, 09:42 AM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubgeek View Post
I think he difference is there was no agreement between the NHL and the KHL at the time Radulov bolted. There is now. So, unfortunately, the NHL are legally obligated to honor the Ufa contract if they refuse to release him despite the approval from the KHL itself. Even if he left Russia and showed up at the doorstep of Bridgestone to play the NHL couldn't let him do it.
But I thought the NHL and the Preds never viewed Rads contract with Ufa as a valid contract in the first place...

Old
03-15-2012, 09:45 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Dmitry Chesnokov ‏

Radulov had a physical in Moscow that showed his knee is fine and he can play (via @plysenkov)

It's all on Ufa

Old
03-15-2012, 09:46 AM
hatedandproud

Quote:
Continue:
Player will have to pay that money in two month.
Club will still hold the right for that player till the time contract was set to expire. Player becomes RFA at the time his terminated contract expires.
Club can trade his right to other clubs and make a new offer to that player.

If player does not fulfill his financial responsibilities with the club, he becomes suspended player and that club holds right for that player for unlimited period of time.

If player decide to come back to the KHL he must notify KHL and Club in writing and he must fulfill his contract with that club, meaning play it out.
So he can pay, and everything is "legal."
or
He can skip town and Ufa goes into the mode we are in now.
but
as dubgeek pointed out, the leagues now have an agreement, so the 2nd option really isn't an option.

whatever ... I have a brief to write...

Old
03-15-2012, 09:50 AM
PhoneGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds19 View Post
But I thought the NHL and the Preds never viewed Rads contract with Ufa as a valid contract in the first place...
Very good point. In fact, IIRC when the transfer agreement was agreed to, the NHL tried to have it apply to Rads at the time and the KHL said "Oh no, we meant going forward"...so if it didn't apply to Rads then, I don't see why it would apply now.

Old
03-15-2012, 09:51 AM
dubgeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds19 View Post
Argh. I wasn't thinking of that.

"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it."

Closed Thread