HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Midget AAA Playoffs

Old
02-24-2012, 11:52 AM
howitzermoose

vCash: 500
Halifax should be able to get by Valley fairly easily.

The Dart/Pictou series should be a good one. Even though Dart had the better regular season, I'm gonna go with Pictou. Dart will be worn out from the 5 games series with CB West and I don't think they'll be able to consistantly containing the Hanes-Pugsley-MacNeil line.

Both should be good series though.

howitzermoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 03:03 PM
DDreamer00

Quote:
Originally Posted by hound27 View Post
Round one is complete in NS. South Shore, Cole Harbour, CB West, and CB Tradesmen eliminated. Too bad for South Shore and Cole Harbour both teams had strong seasons, CH finished the 2nd half with a lot of wins. Congratulations to the CB teams who pushed Hfx and Dartmouth and made a tough series.

Round 2 - Halifax Titans vs Valley Wildcats
and Dartmouth Midgets vs Pictou County Weeks
The CB West/Dartmouth series was great to watch. Hats off to both teams! if you look at the standings West didn't have a chance. I think a couple of their key veterans could have given a little more last night but hey they logged a lot of ice and they're only kids. Kudos to there tender for giving them ever opportunity. I think Halifax wins the league easy.

DDreamer00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 04:57 PM
DDreamer00

Quote:
Originally Posted by howitzermoose View Post
Halifax should be able to get by Valley fairly easily.

The Dart/Pictou series should be a good one. Even though Dart had the better regular season, I'm gonna go with Pictou. Dart will be worn out from the 5 games series with CB West and I don't think they'll be able to consistantly containing the Hanes-Pugsley-MacNeil line.

Both should be good series though.
Agreed. Dartmouths top 2 lines played lots of minutes and took some punishment as a result. I think Pictou will come in rested and if they can stay out of penalty trouble should move on. For my money, Pictou is the surprise team in the league this year.

DDreamer00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 12:43 PM
hockeyfan2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDreamer00 View Post
The CB West/Dartmouth series was great to watch. Hats off to both teams! if you look at the standings West didn't have a chance. I think a couple of their key veterans could have given a little more last night but hey they logged a lot of ice and they're only kids. Kudos to there tender for giving them ever opportunity. I think Halifax wins the league easy.
When you look at the regular season games between Dartmouth and CB West the results show this was going to ge a tight series. While Dartmouth may have won all five games against CB West in the regular season, the last two games were won in a shootout - so not much margin for error on either side.

hockeyfan2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 09:42 AM
Hockey Buff

The final four have been determined in the Quebec AAA playoffs. The games start on Friday CAG vs SSF (this series will go deep) and CEB vs Trois Rivieres (CEB in 5)

Hockey Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 03:02 PM
hound27

Quebec semi-finals

Is C.Esther-Blondin the favorite to advance to the Telus Cup? If CAG gets by SSF, will the series with CEB be all of 7 games?

hound27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 03:18 PM
Hockey Buff

Quote:
Is C.Esther-Blondin the favorite to advance to the Telus Cup? If CAG gets by SSF, will the series with CEB be all of 7 games?
I like CAG because of their goaltending but, CEB is a great team. The semi and final are a best of 7 series.

Old
02-29-2012, 09:03 PM
thehockeywatchinger

Quote:
I did see the quart final ronde and each one of the team minimum 1 time. I do think that the demi-final can will be very fun to see.

It is sure that CEB is solid. They did win versus Amos and I did like this series most of the others. There is not an other team with 6 player the calibre of Gauthier, Audette, Storto, Dauphin, Greer et Deslauriers. In the other trios are 3 LHJMQ choix. They do play physique and all trios do goes to the dirtie ice. For me the bigger question is will be if there defense will give too "revirements" (I am excuse). Apart of this the team can will be the better.

Trois-Rivières do play intense and tigthe (serré). They do have 2 good goaleurs. Problematique for Estacades can will be the play physique. If they do will the physique and they do will close the defensive they can do the surprise. My problem with Estacades is there offensive is not explosif if they do will need some goals fast.

I do think CEB en 6 matchs.

I did see CAG score the goals versus Magog. The coachs are very good. The goaleurs are very good. Paquin-Boudreau et Beauregard must to continue to be the leaders. But I will have a question for the 15 years. The 15 years did play invisible on the 2 times I did see. They can not permettre versus SSF.

After Amos I do think that SSF can be the team surprise. I did see the team versus LSL and I won respect for themselves. They did play very good the trap. They are capables for to score goals with Desbiens et Legaré. The goaleur Avoine-Jean did play good in the match that I did see. There defensive can may be a probleme.

I do think SSF en 7 matchs.

If I did to selection the good team for the final of the ligue I will retourn. If I did not to selection good???? I think that I will to take a retrait

Good luck to every team.

thehockeywatchinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 11:11 AM
Hockey Buff

Quebec Semi Finals

Trois Rivieres, CEB, CAG and SSF in the final four. SSF were 3-0 winners last night against CAG and Trois Rivieres beat CEB 4-3. Some great hockey still to come...2nd games set for Sunday the 4th.

Old
03-03-2012, 01:25 PM
PG

Fredericton and Moncton both up 2-0 in their series against Miramichi and Saint John respectively...not much of a contest yet with the Flyers and Vitos, but the Rivermen are within a bounce or two of getting a win with les Habs - Game 3 in both series scheduled today

PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 05:53 PM
thehockeywatchinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Buff View Post
Trois Rivieres, CEB, CAG and SSF in the final four. SSF were 3-0 winners last night against CAG and Trois Rivieres beat CEB 4-3. Some great hockey still to come...2nd games set for Sunday the 4th.
Actual 5-3 (emptie net) T-R vs. CEB. There did was many thing curious in the match. I do think the CEB is the dominant team but they must to change the style. Certain of the player have a passe to do what he want. Now can not to be the time for ego. T-R is very discipline and I do like there intensite.

My choix does stay with CEB 6 matchs.

CAG et SSF can will be a longue series. CAG can will score goals but SSF is the better record in the ligue since Christmas.

My choix does stay with CAG 7 matchs.

thehockeywatchinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 10:09 AM
Boston Strangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehockeywatchinger View Post
Actual 5-3 (emptie net) T-R vs. CEB. There did was many thing curious in the match. I do think the CEB is the dominant team but they must to change the style. Certain of the player have a passe to do what he want. Now can not to be the time for ego. T-R is very discipline and I do like there intensite.

My choix does stay with CEB 6 matchs.

CAG et SSF can will be a longue series. CAG can will score goals but SSF is the better record in the ligue since Christmas.

My choix does stay with CAG 7 matchs.

Looks like the Freddy Canadiens will lock up tonight vs. Miramichi. I will be curious to see if the coach starts Landry again, who's been on his head the last two games, or Roussell? The Rivermens really don't have a hope in hell with our injuries and missing players, not to mention we don't have last change tonight.

Boston Strangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 02:02 PM
Boston Strangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Strangler View Post
Looks like the Freddy Canadiens will lock up tonight vs. Miramichi. I will be curious to see if the coach starts Landry again, who's been on his head the last two games, or Roussell? The Rivermens really don't have a hope in hell with our injuries and missing players, not to mention we don't have last change tonight.
Fredericton Canadiens made in through in 4 games to 1 over Miramichi. Should be a good series against Moncton. Thought at first Moncton would blow the habs out of the water but they looked really good in the last game.

Old
03-08-2012, 04:12 PM
PG

Quote:
Fredericton Canadiens made in through in 4 games to 1 over Miramichi. Should be a good series against Moncton. Thought at first Moncton would blow the habs out of the water but they looked really good in the last game.
Will be a good series....to me the key will be who uses their roster the best......

Old
03-09-2012, 07:53 AM
localfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG View Post
Will be a good series....to me the key will be who uses their roster the best......
Dartmouth beat Pictou last night 3-0. So the final play-off series in the NSMMHL is Halifax vs. Dartmouth. Not really a huge surprise there. Series starts Saturday/Sunday in Halifax.

localfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 10:50 AM
Boston Strangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by localfan View Post
Dartmouth beat Pictou last night 3-0. So the final play-off series in the NSMMHL is Halifax vs. Dartmouth. Not really a huge surprise there. Series starts Saturday/Sunday in Halifax.
Surprise surprise indeed! Seems like the same 4 teams are always there in the end in Midget AAA in NS & NB. Too bad it couldn't be more competitive for the smaller markets.

Old
03-13-2012, 06:32 PM
PG

Quote:
Surprise surprise indeed! Seems like the same 4 teams are always there in the end in Midget AAA in NS & NB. Too bad it couldn't be more competitive for the smaller markets.
Until those who lead minor hockey create a development league for minor midget (i.e. this years 96's) it is not going to happen...creating this league will prevent leakage to HS and maintain talent in the smaller market...IMO

Old
03-15-2012, 09:53 AM
Hockey Buff

Quote:
The final four have been determined in the Quebec AAA playoffs. The games start on Friday CAG vs SSF (this series will go deep) and CEB vs Trois Rivieres (CEB in 5)
CEB earned their spot in the finals last night with a 7-4 win over Trois Rivieres. SSF and CAG are still fighting for the last spot. SSF are ahead 3-2 in the series.

Old
03-18-2012, 08:50 PM
Hockey Buff

SSF proved to be too much to handle for CAG. SSF wins with 49 seconds left in the 3rd period of game 7. SSF moves on to play CEB in the final. The victor heads to the Telus cup in Alberta. Good luck to both teams.

Old
03-18-2012, 09:31 PM
BLBarmada

Quote:
SSF proved to be too much to handle for CAG. SSF wins with 49 seconds left in the 3rd period of game 7. SSF moves on to play CEB in the final. The victor heads to the Telus cup in Alberta. Good luck to both teams.
I knew CAG wouldn't win.

SSF have a dam good coach. And those 2 teams have an intense rivalry.

BLBarmada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 10:07 AM
Hockey Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLBarmada View Post
I knew CAG wouldn't win.

SSF have a dam good coach. And those 2 teams have an intense rivalry.
Way to call it after the series! SSF played tough and their PP was working well. Good luck to both teams in the final. I pick CEB in 6

Old
03-22-2012, 09:31 AM
Boston Strangler

Quote:
Way to call it after the series! SSF played tough and their PP was working well. Good luck to both teams in the final. I pick CEB in 6
Moncton won the NB title vs. Fredericton last night with a 5-0 win. Series was 4-1. Fredericton's back end and goal tending were suspect all series, way to inexperienced for Moncton's dump and chase game. I don't think they can beat the NS winners though. Moncton had solid D and goal tending but not enough fire power up front.

Old
03-22-2012, 11:30 AM
Q7scout

Quote:
Moncton won the NB title vs. Fredericton last night with a 5-0 win. Series was 4-1. Fredericton's back end and goal tending were suspect all series, way to inexperienced for Moncton's dump and chase game. I don't think they can beat the NS winners though. Moncton had solid D and goal tending but not enough fire power up front.
I agree, Moncton's D controled the game and Fredericton's paniced with the puck and gave it to Moncton more than their own players. As I said on here before the series started Fredericton would be lucky to win one game.

Q7scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 07:09 PM
PG

Quote:
Not enough firepower? Interesting observation considering the offensive records set this year and eight forwards and one D with more than 30 points in the regular season.....I agree it will be tough for Moncton to get by Dartmouth/Halifax, but not because they can't put the puck in the net!

Old
03-23-2012, 12:24 PM
Boston Strangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG View Post
Not enough firepower? Interesting observation considering the offensive records set this year and eight forwards and one D with more than 30 points in the regular season.....I agree it will be tough for Moncton to get by Dartmouth/Halifax, but not because they can't put the puck in the net!
Not hard for guys to rack up 5 points in games vs. Miramichi and SJ all year. The league was brutally weak. I would like to see them do well though. That group (94's & 95's) hasn't won a provincial title in years and there's alot of nice kids on the team. Classy bunch!