HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The All Purpose Alexander Radulov Thread v1.0 (UPD: Does not have to clear waivers)

Closed Thread

Old
03-15-2012, 11:30 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
That is what we have:

Rads expressed through his Agent that he wants to play for Nashville right now

Ufa is ok with Rads leaving them

Ufa wants to keep his rights, as a security in case he comes back to KHL so it is withy hem, not an opponent.

Dead end.
What I don't get is how is that a dead end?

Old
03-15-2012, 11:31 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneGuy View Post
How can the contract be valid wrt the transfer agreement between the NHL and KHL, but considered invalid by the NHL at the same time??
I'm not saying that is how it works, but it is possible for the league to say "As a league, we do not recognize the legitimacy of this contract" and, at the same time, enter into an agreement which does recognize the legitimacy of the contract. In other words, the NHL doesn't have to absolutely agree with the transfer agreement as long as they agree in principle.

Again, this is my assumption. I have no idea how it really works.

Old
03-15-2012, 11:32 AM
Predsboro

Quote:
That is what we have:

Rads expressed through his Agent that he wants to play for Nashville right now

Ufa is ok with Rads leaving them

Ufa wants to keep his rights, as a security in case he comes back to KHL so it is withy hem, not an opponent.

Dead end.
Somewhere I read that it was unlikely Radulov would play for Ufa in the future ... either NHL or Moskva was mentioned. Something about problems between 47 and Ufa's coach, whom they wanted to retain.

Dmitry Chesnokov is saying the KHL could overrule Ufa ... another interesting day ahead.

Old
03-15-2012, 11:32 AM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
just guessing, but imagine that if they release him to play in nashville now, that they give up all future rights to him...

Old
03-15-2012, 11:33 AM
Jonesey
Sons of Anarchy

so the KHL needs to make a ruling here.

Old
03-15-2012, 11:33 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
It isn't a dead end. It just looks like one. The KHL does have the ability to step in. I would imagine they have the authority to grant Ufa the ability to retain Radulov's rights even if the rules aren't followed absolutely. If the KHL refuses to step in then it is a dead end.

I think Chesnokov is going to cover this in greater detail soon.

Old
03-15-2012, 11:35 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

Keep your eyes peeled for Greg's article on Puck Daddy and follow Dmitry Chesnokov on Twitter. As already stated, the KHL can step in and facilitate the process according to Dmitry. As AtlantaWhaler said, considering his team apparently is only concerned with his rights *should* he ever return to the KHL someday, a seemingly simple fix is that they release him with the understanding that his future KHL rights belong to his team.

The combination of Vandy potentially losing a 4th straight first round NCAA tourny game and this Radulov drama is killing me.

EDIT: And in the 2 mins I was making this post, like 5 people have said the same thing lol

Old
03-15-2012, 11:36 AM
Juneemoon

Remember the KHL still wants to have games in New York next season. They have a vested interest in playing nice with the NHL right now.

Old
03-15-2012, 11:37 AM
Predsboro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneGuy View Post
How can the contract be valid wrt the transfer agreement between the NHL and KHL, but considered invalid by the NHL at the same time??
Radulov bolted on our contract; but did so days before a transfer agreement between the NHL and KHL was signed. The Predators and the NHL tried to have the Radulov contract covered by that agreement ... KHL said, sorry ... happened before the agreement was signed. So, the NHL considers the Radulov contract invalid (check out Daly's quotes from earlier in the week.)

Now, the interesting thing to me is that Radulov has extended since his original contract ... theoretically, his "new" contract was entered into years after the transfer agreement, so it probably isn't as "invalid" as his original Ufa contract.

Head spinning yet?

Old
03-15-2012, 11:38 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

To be completely honest, while really annoying, I can't blame Ufa here (if he has another year on their contract).

Old
03-15-2012, 11:38 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
Keep your eyes peeled for Greg's article on Puck Daddy and follow Dmitry Chesnokov on Twitter. As already stated, the KHL can step in and facilitate the process according to Dmitry. As AtlantaWhaler said, considering his team apparently is only concerned with his rights *should* he ever return to the KHL someday, a seemingly simple fix is that they release him with the understanding that his future KHL rights belong to his team.

The combination of Vandy potentially losing a 4th straight first round NCAA tourny game and this Radulov drama is killing me.

EDIT: And in the 2 mins I was making this post, like 5 people have said the same thing lol
Gotta get faster fingers

At least you added the Vandy stuff

Old
03-15-2012, 11:39 AM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsboro View Post
another interesting day ahead.
Maybe, but it's almost 7 PM over there. Could be another day of hand wringing.

Old
RaiderDoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
There is a huge difference between this time around and the others. Radulov is actually ready to come back.

I know he does not deserve the benefit of the doubt, but by all accounts at the moment all things are pointing to Ufa being the culprit here, not Radulov. Unless more comes out, he has still only fooled us once.
I agree that it's as positive that it ever has looked, that said - it's a head case player in a bush league in what's pretty much a third world country.

If anyone thought this was going off without a hitch, no freakin way.

I admit, I did talk to a buddy about pulling the old #47 Mustard out of the closet and making the trek from Knoxville this weekend.

Old
Predsboro

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
just guessing, but imagine that if they release him to play in nashville now, that they give up all future rights to him...
Sounds familiar ...

Guess you're happy now Wendy?

Old
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
At least you added the Vandy stuff
Jeeze...I gotta get my bracket turned in...

Old
Jonesey
Sons of Anarchy

So I guess Rads isn't in the lineup tonight?

Old
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
It isn't a dead end. It just looks like one. The KHL does have the ability to step in. I would imagine they have the authority to grant Ufa the ability to retain Radulov's rights even if the rules aren't followed absolutely. If the KHL refuses to step in then it is a dead end.

I think Chesnokov is going to cover this in greater detail soon.
how silly of me to have already assumed they would retain his rights in the KHL and that had already been figured out.

Old
I Will Son
An Army of One

I ****ing hate Russia. This is ****ed up

Old
03-15-2012, 11:40 AM
Jonesey
Sons of Anarchy

Or maybe this was all a ploy to try and sell out the Oilers game? Sneaky sneaky front office!!

Old
03-15-2012, 11:40 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Continue:
Player will have to pay that money in two month.
Club will still hold the right for that player till the time contract was set to expire. Player becomes RFA at the time his terminated contract expires.
Club can trade his right to other clubs and make a new offer to that player.

If player does not fulfill his financial responsibilities with the club, he becomes suspended player and that club holds right for that player for unlimited period of time.

If player decide to come back to the KHL he must notify KHL and Club in writing and he must fulfill his contract with that club, meaning play it out.
now, that sounds like what Rads did to us... he can just leave, not pay anything, and he is "suspended" by Ufa and Ufa will retain his rights until he comes back..

sounds like a win-win to me....

Old
03-15-2012, 11:41 AM
zellthemedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zellthemedic View Post
Well...he's not exactly officially back yet...and I'm not going to hold my breath until he gets off the plane in Nashville.
I called it. **** me.

Old
03-15-2012, 11:42 AM
Jonesey
Sons of Anarchy

continue here..

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1135741

Old
03-15-2012, 11:46 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
I agree that it's as positive that it ever has looked, that said - it's a head case player in a bush league in what's pretty much a third world country.

If anyone thought this was going off without a hitch, no freakin way.

I admit, I did talk to a buddy about pulling the old #47 Mustard out of the closet and making the trek from Knoxville this weekend.
Since "third world" was a tag given to nations who had no affiliation with either the US or Russia during the Cold War, Russia is the antithesis of a third world country

But I do agree that Russia does seem to operate backwards compared to what we are used to in the States. We'll see how it plays out. Medvedev said that the KHL would not be an iron curtain to Radulov, and he hoped that this situation would not sour relations between the KHL and NHL as he is hoping to have KHL games in NYC next season. IF we can trust that he is acting as a business man then this could be just a minor hang up, and it will be resolved shortly (though hopefully before the weekend). If he is simply trying to propitiate egos then we're screwed.

Closed Thread