HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

BOS-STL Proposal

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-09-2006, 04:55 AM
  #1
Hemsky4PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Billeting Ales
Posts: 6,566
vCash: 500
BOS-STL Proposal

TO BOSTON: Keith Tkachuk

TO ST. LOUIS: Andrew Raycroft, 3rd and 4th round picks (and maybe a roster forward from Boston just for numbers sake)

The Blues continue their rebuilding project by getting a relatively young goaltender with potential. The Bruins at a hometown guy that has been playing well when healthy and could put them over the top in the Eastern playoff race. I think for cap reasons this trade would have to wait until the last minute (I'm not sure how much cap grace the Bruins have accumulated via long term injuries to guys like Zhamnov over the course of the season). Tkachuk has an option year on his contract for $3.8M next season which the Bruins could certainly afford to pick up. I'm not certain the Blues will even trade Tkachuk, but this looks to me like a deal that could land him.

Hemsky4PM is offline  
Old
02-09-2006, 05:22 AM
  #2
Ruzicka38
Oh man
 
Ruzicka38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hopedale
Country: United States
Posts: 1,690
vCash: 500
Tkacuk would be just another older, slower spare part. He also makes way too much money. The Bruins already have Murray (similar style), but nobody to pass to him on the second line. Tkachuck would be in the same boat on the Bruins. I don't see this deal happening. I don't think Boston will take anybody over 30 right now. They have a good, young core (ex. Bergeron, Boyes, Sturm, Toivonin, Jurcina,ect)

Ruzicka38 is offline  
Old
02-09-2006, 05:38 AM
  #3
Safir*
 
Safir*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country: Turkmenistan
Posts: 13,959
vCash: 500
The Blues will be looking for a first rounder in return for Keith Tkachuk.

The deal would finally give the Blues a goaltender, since they don't have tons of them.

Safir* is offline  
Old
02-09-2006, 07:31 AM
  #4
Irish Blues
____________________
 
Irish Blues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Country: St Helena
Posts: 21,804
vCash: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruzicka38
Tkacuk would be just another older, slower spare part. He also makes way too much money.
Tkachuk's game log this season. For someone who's old and slow, he's doing one hell of a job scoring right now.

__________________
No promises this time.
Irish Blues is offline  
Old
02-09-2006, 08:01 AM
  #5
Ruzicka38
Oh man
 
Ruzicka38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hopedale
Country: United States
Posts: 1,690
vCash: 500
I know he's still very good, but he doesn't fit in with what the Bruins SHOULD be going for. They have a young core. To pick up a guy in his mid 30s who came to camp overweight is not a good idea. Especially with that price tag. They might bite for Cajanek and a 2nd round pick for Raycroft.

Ruzicka38 is offline  
Old
02-09-2006, 08:03 AM
  #6
Irish Blues
____________________
 
Irish Blues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Country: St Helena
Posts: 21,804
vCash: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruzicka38
They might bite for Cajanek and a 2nd round pick for Raycroft.
*click*

Irish Blues is offline  
Old
02-09-2006, 08:05 AM
  #7
Ruzicka38
Oh man
 
Ruzicka38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hopedale
Country: United States
Posts: 1,690
vCash: 500
what does "click" mean?

Ruzicka38 is offline  
Old
02-09-2006, 08:16 AM
  #8
Bill Ladd
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Bill Ladd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wellesley, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,222
vCash: 500
I'd rather see deals for youth but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruzicka38
Tkacuk would be just another older, slower spare part. He also makes way too much money. The Bruins already have Murray (similar style), but nobody to pass to him on the second line. Tkachuck would be in the same boat on the Bruins. I don't see this deal happening. I don't think Boston will take anybody over 30 right now. They have a good, young core (ex. Bergeron, Boyes, Sturm, Toivonin, Jurcina,ect)
Even though this is not the deal I'd like to see done. I think it's going to happen. It solves the B's scoring issues with the least amount of tinkering...

Tkachuck-Bergeron-Sturm (who can play either wing)
Sammy-Boyes-Muzz (Boyes goes back to his natural position)
2 very strong scoring lines, IMO.

Plus, they could renegotiate Tkachuck to reduce his cap hit by doing the following...
Decline his $3.8 option, which eliminates the $5.5 (avg) cap hit for next year.
Offer KT a new deal for $4.5 over the next one or two years. He makes more next year than if we had picked up his option and the B's save cap space. Everybody wins.

Bill Ladd is offline  
Old
02-09-2006, 08:24 AM
  #9
Irish Blues
____________________
 
Irish Blues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Country: St Helena
Posts: 21,804
vCash: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruzicka38
what does "click" mean?
It means we've hung up the phone: you should hear a dial tone shortly.

Irish Blues is offline  
Old
02-09-2006, 08:36 AM
  #10
Ruzicka38
Oh man
 
Ruzicka38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hopedale
Country: United States
Posts: 1,690
vCash: 500
oh, my bad. I thought it would be something funny. I should have known better.

Ruzicka38 is offline  
Old
02-09-2006, 08:57 AM
  #11
JTH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Canada
Country: Finland
Posts: 457
vCash: 500
I agree. Keith looked neither old or slow last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues
Tkachuk's game log this season. For someone who's old and slow, he's doing one hell of a job scoring right now.

JTH is offline  
Old
02-09-2006, 09:25 AM
  #12
stungun
Registered User
 
stungun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Portland, ME
Country: United States
Posts: 1,411
vCash: 500
cajanek is a ufa no way he is worth a struggling razor never mind a pick.

stungun is offline  
Old
02-09-2006, 10:04 AM
  #13
Strafer
Registered User
 
Strafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: da Hub
Country: United States
Posts: 4,748
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues
It means we've hung up the phone: you should hear a dial tone shortly.
Click

Strafer is online now  
Old
02-09-2006, 10:09 AM
  #14
BruinAddict
Registered User
 
BruinAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues
It means we've hung up the phone: you should hear a dial tone shortly.
You're dreaming if you think St.Louis is getting ripped off in that deal... I think Boston would be doing all the 'clicking' in that scenario.

BruinAddict is offline  
Old
02-09-2006, 10:34 AM
  #15
kimzey59
Registered User
 
kimzey59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 3,623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinAddict
You're dreaming if you think St.Louis is getting ripped off in that deal... I think Boston would be doing all the 'clicking' in that scenario.

A cheap 2nd line center and an extremely low 1st round pick for a struggling goalie who might not even be our starter?

No thanks.

kimzey59 is offline  
Old
02-09-2006, 11:07 AM
  #16
Irish Blues
____________________
 
Irish Blues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Country: St Helena
Posts: 21,804
vCash: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinAddict
You're dreaming if you think St.Louis is getting ripped off in that deal... I think Boston would be doing all the 'clicking' in that scenario.
I'd agree ... except that it wasn't a Blues fan who made the proposal in the first place.

Irish Blues is offline  
Old
02-09-2006, 11:46 AM
  #17
trublu16
Registered User
 
trublu16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 762
vCash: 500
Lets put plain and simple.

Boston, other than their high draft picks for the '06 draft, has nothing that would help or interest the Blues. The Blues are looking for younger NHLers that have potential, draft pics or NHL caliber prospects(forwards not defense or goalie).

If Raycroft can't beat out Thomas or Hannu, where in the world are the Blues going to stick him? Alaska.

trublu16 is offline  
Old
02-09-2006, 02:45 PM
  #18
Mayhem
Registered User
 
Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: PerfectStorm Country
Country: United States
Posts: 1,358
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by trublu16
Lets put plain and simple.

Boston, other than their high draft picks for the '06 draft, has nothing that would help or interest the Blues. The Blues are looking for younger NHLers that have potential, draft pics or NHL caliber prospects(forwards not defense or goalie).

If Raycroft can't beat out Thomas or Hannu, where in the world are the Blues going to stick him? Alaska.
Your last sentence implies that all 3 goalies came to training camp on time and healthy which is not the case at all. Andrew Raycroft has been the victim of bad luck and bad timing. First of all he held out and came to camp late, thus was never up to speed with the rest of the team. Then he got injured and tried to play through it which only further exacerbated his struggles. In the interim both Hannu--prior to getting injured--and Thomas have gone on incredible hot streaks. Do stick Raycroft in just so he can play or do you ride the hot hand? It's tough to give Raycroft a chance--specifially at this moment--when you have arguably the hottest goaltender in the league.

Mayhem is offline  
Old
02-09-2006, 04:53 PM
  #19
Frenzy1
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 3,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem
Your last sentence implies that all 3 goalies came to training camp on time and healthy which is not the case at all. Andrew Raycroft has been the victim of bad luck and bad timing. First of all he held out and came to camp late, thus was never up to speed with the rest of the team. Then he got injured and tried to play through it which only further exacerbated his struggles. In the interim both Hannu--prior to getting injured--and Thomas have gone on incredible hot streaks. Do stick Raycroft in just so he can play or do you ride the hot hand? It's tough to give Raycroft a chance--specifially at this moment--when you have arguably the hottest goaltender in the league.
i would still go w/ Miller.

As for the trade, it doesn't help St. Louis. Sanford may be just as hot as Thomas right now and 'Cash is waiting in the wings - after his cup of tea this season w/ the bigs.

A goalie will not help the Blues and if we were to go after one, I would want someone who has done it for more then one year (Biron). Regardless, I think KT has more value the Raycroft (whose value is low, due to play and injuries) and mid round picks add very little for a excellent vet. There would be better offers on the table, as he isn't a rental. Further he may mean more to the Blues then anyother team.

I don't think he is for sale unless the payment is jaw dropping.

Frenzy1 is offline  
Old
02-09-2006, 10:22 PM
  #20
hbomber34
Registered User
 
hbomber34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Malden, MA.
Country: United States
Posts: 66
vCash: 500
I love it. Just pull the trigger on this deal and let's also throw in Barrett Jackman in there as well!!!!

hbomber34 is offline  
Old
02-10-2006, 07:13 AM
  #21
Irish Blues
____________________
 
Irish Blues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Country: St Helena
Posts: 21,804
vCash: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbomber34
I love it. Just pull the trigger on this deal and let's also throw in Barrett Jackman in there as well!!!!
Sure, how 'bout we throw in Backman, Bacashihua, Schwarz and Soderberg and you can give us Moran, Leahy, McEachern and a conditional 7th in 2013 too.

Some of the ideas getting thrown around here right now are just, .... a complete waste of bandwith. And that's putting it nicely.

Irish Blues is offline  
Old
02-10-2006, 07:36 AM
  #22
marmarsab
Formerly #13 & Schen
 
marmarsab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: bowmanville
Country: Portugal
Posts: 2,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM
TO BOSTON: Keith Tkachuk

TO ST. LOUIS: Andrew Raycroft, 3rd and 4th round picks (and maybe a roster forward from Boston just for numbers sake)

The Blues continue their rebuilding project by getting a relatively young goaltender with potential. The Bruins at a hometown guy that has been playing well when healthy and could put them over the top in the Eastern playoff race. I think for cap reasons this trade would have to wait until the last minute (I'm not sure how much cap grace the Bruins have accumulated via long term injuries to guys like Zhamnov over the course of the season). Tkachuk has an option year on his contract for $3.8M next season which the Bruins could certainly afford to pick up. I'm not certain the Blues will even trade Tkachuk, but this looks to me like a deal that could land him.

IMHO that's not getting you Tkachuk

marmarsab is offline  
Old
02-10-2006, 10:56 AM
  #23
chizzler
Registered User
 
chizzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: 413
Country: Portugal
Posts: 2,260
vCash: 500
St. Louis can keep him. Old and slow, we have plenty of that. His salary is crazy for what he does. We already have contracts to get rid of. Besides I think he hates NE.

chizzler is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.