HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Panthers new third jersey

Old
02-12-2012, 12:56 PM
CarolinaHurricanes85

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to CarolinaHurricanes85
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersAllDay1225 View Post
if you go to the Florida Panthers Nhl Store you can customize the shirts to put the palm tree/hockey stick logo on the front
The tree and palm logo is not available for the customized shirts

CarolinaHurricanes85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 12:59 PM
PanthersAllDay1225
MORDE-KULI

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaHurricanes85 View Post
The tree and palm logo is not available for the customized shirts
my apologies i know it used to be

PanthersAllDay1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 01:33 AM
SportsRacer21

Icethetics seems to be of the opinion we might go without a 3rd jersey for a couple of years:

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2012...r-edition.html
Quote:
No alternate jersey It's no secret the Panthers brass have fallen out of love with their 2009-debuted "JetBlue" third jersey. And we'll see the last of it this season.

Not long after the Florida Panthers announced a partnership with the airline came a new alternate sweater bearing a color scheme that resembled a certain plane design more than the identity of the hockey club that was wearing it.

Fans didn't like it and lots of comparisons were drawn to the Pittsburgh Penguins' powder blue alternate jersey. But a commitment is a commitment. And after the three long seasons, the Cats are relegating this one to history.

In September 2011, Panthers assistant GM talked to Miami Herald writer George Richards about the sweater and didn't really have anything nice to say it. "As soon as we can rid ourselves of those things, we'll be a happier bunch," said Santos.

He went on to talk about how the Panthers were bringing back the red home uniforms for this season and how their successful years were highlighted by their red uniforms. That still seems to be the case, much to the chagrin of this Lightning fan.

As for the future, the Panthers may once again look to navy blue for another third jersey. But for now, I think they'll be joining the ranks of the two-jersey teams for a while.

SportsRacer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 12:48 AM
p9ers

I quite like the style of team canada's jersey. http://www.cheapjerseyslink.com/pic/201043993411068.jpg

If the red would be yellow and the white dark blue, and obviously the panthers logo, I think it could look really nice. I don't know if it could be photoshop quickly, just to have a better idea.

p9ers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 01:10 PM
LUUUUUIS
2mins for Panthering

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Frozen Pond
I've been told the Panthers will not have a third jersey next season but there is a likelyhood they could have one by the 2013-14 season. Expect a dark blue jersey with a different Cat-In-A-Circle logo. Or perhaps the Sunshine/Palm Tree/Hockey Stick logo

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapa...#storylink=cpy
I'm hoping for the Sunshine/Palm Tree/Hockey Stick logo.

LUUUUUIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 11:31 PM
LUUUUUIS
2mins for Panthering

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiluis View Post
I lied. This is what happens when I stop being lazy.

Excited for the game and not sleeping. Revised my idea a little. Traditional third jersey colors with our secondary logo on the front. I like it better, I think red should be no lower than the secondary color on all of our jerseys.

LUUUUUIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 02:45 AM
DiMaGa
F.L.A. ALL DAY

Well I guess I'm alone here, I think the palm tree/sun looks terrible in the front, as a patch it's pretty cool.

Plus, we are the Panthers, not the Palm Trees. I would hate to remove the cat completely, makes no sense, even for alternates.

However I'm not against a yellow-based jersey.

DiMaGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 03:30 AM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post

edit: does that look more purple than blue? oops lol. it's hard to tell with the monitor im using atm.

I think they should go for a more different look instead of just using the same color scheme as the current jersey. A navy blue jersey like PR96 said would look pretty nice.
I will kill myself if our new third looks anything like the one you edited. That's just awful dude.

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 11:34 AM
PanthersRule96

Forget another red jersey....go with the navy, which IMO are the second best jerseys we've had other than our current reds, which I think are awesome. It makes too much sense NOT to have a navy 3rd jersey decked out in red and yellow. The original 3rd was awesome when it came out, and I thought the navy "home" jersey we used until last year was also much better than the white and certainly a sharp looking one. I would have gone yellow, as I'm so jealous of the predators yellow jerseys and the "yellow out" they had the other night vs. the wings. It would have been great for us, with the sun theme and what not and bright yellow vibe in south fla, but nothing wrong with making a cool looking navy one with perhaps a different logo on the front. You could even make it a throwback type of look.

As long as it's not involving stupid light blue (which IMO look awesome for the rays and pens), I'm cool with it.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 03:36 PM
Hockeycast

I found this photo on the internet,
I don't know if i like it or not, it's so different...

Hockeycast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 05:11 PM
Pantherfan12

I have spoken to yormark's assistant about...a month ago regarding renewals and an email survey thing and while on the phone, one thing I brought up was regarding a new alternate jersey. He told me that the 2012-2013 season will only have home and away, but during this season the Panthers are going to make a contest for all the fans to create their 3rd jersey concepts. The winning jersey will become the new althernate jersey in 2013-2014 season. I haven't heard much more about it recently, but I also haven't contacting the assistant since that phone call so. Take it for what it's worth.

p.s. A bit of a side note. One question he had asked me was about my experiences at the arena, and one thing I mentioned was the prices for merchandise in the area. I did express my displeasure with the prices for merchandise, as I felt spending $40 on a tee-shirt was a little extreme as well as I had told him about the $20 price increase at Pantherland as compared to NHLshop.com for jerseys and he told me that it is a separate company that handles the merchandise, so we're basically stuck with whatever prices they have.

Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 05:26 PM
RECsGuy*

Home/Road jerseys should be the same as those worn in the team's expansion season.

As for an alternate uni, how about just the Panther's head (from the original logo) on a navy jersey with red shoulders (inverse of the color scheme of the orginal road jersey)?

In other words, put this...

in place of the emblem/logo on this uniform...

Last edited by RECsGuy*: 09-10-2012 at 05:34 PM.
RECsGuy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 06:52 PM
FrolikFan67

i hope they just bring back the dark blue jersey as the 3rd, just take out the yellow stripe/line thing, just like they did w/ our away jerseys.

although ive always wondered what a "south beach" color scheme would look like (pink and light blue), maybe too extreme or too bright/flashy, but ive always wondered, maybe with "florida" printed across the front like the stars 3rd jersey.

FrolikFan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 07:09 PM
Boooooth10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeycast View Post
I found this photo on the internet,
I don't know if i like it or not, it's so different...

Looks sexy. I like it.

Boooooth10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 07:11 PM
KittysGotClaws
We See Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrolikFan67 View Post
i hope they just bring back the dark blue jersey as the 3rd, just take out the yellow stripe/line thing, just like they did w/ our away jerseys.

although ive always wondered what a "south beach" color scheme would look like (pink and light blue), maybe too extreme or too bright/flashy, but ive always wondered, maybe with "florida" printed across the front like the stars 3rd jersey.
I wouldn't mind the dark blues as the third.

The other sounds scary. No pink please. And Dallas' 3rds are the worst in the league, IMO. They look like high school football jerseys.

KittysGotClaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 10:14 PM
PanthersHockey1
Bond.

i love black for third jerseys.

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 02:18 AM
UKPanther
@GJenSports

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
i love black for third jerseys.
I do as well - but for some reason, I can't quite make it 'work' with the Panthers.

I have always loved the dark blue jersey (like the picture above) and still think it's the best - I wish we could have that back in its original form!

UKPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 03:07 AM
flapanthersfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherkidd101 View Post
Not great, but you get the idea...

i made something like this in NHL11 create-a-jersey thingy. looks good, but the reason it doesn't fit (as someone said above) is because the blue in the leaping cat needs to be black. looks much better that way (at least when i did it on nhl11 haha)

flapanthersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 09:22 AM
PanthersHockey1
Bond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapanthersfan View Post
i made something like this in NHL11 create-a-jersey thingy. looks good, but the reason it doesn't fit (as someone said above) is because the blue in the leaping cat needs to be black. looks much better that way (at least when i did it on nhl11 haha)
I'd be curious what an all black jersey looked like without any piping or striping and the panthers logo one it with the palm tree and hockey stick sun logos on each shoulder. Something like an la king third jersey.

Old
09-19-2012, 03:58 PM
zimthrasher

Saw this thread while killing the final hour at work... Just playing around with a few concepts y'all threw out and the retired Edmonton third jersey that I've always liked.

zimthrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 05:07 PM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimthrasher View Post

Saw this thread while killing the final hour at work... Just playing around with a few concepts y'all threw out and the retired Edmonton third jersey that I've always liked.
The Florida Hell-Cats?

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 05:26 PM
PanthersHockey1
Bond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimthrasher View Post

Pretty bad ass. Looks very similar to Carolina's thirds:

Old
09-19-2012, 08:28 PM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
Pretty bad ass. Looks very similar to Carolina's thirds:

Which makes sense because their colors are red, black, white and silver.
Our colors are red, blue, gold, and white.
I say let's embrace our colors and stick with them, it's better for the team's identity and branding.
We just got done with the JetBlue jersey debacle so let's try not to get too crazy with the next thirds if they happen.
I would like the dark navy blues as a base for future thirds, but I wouldn't mind holding off for a couple years until we establish who we are as a team first.

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 08:55 PM
zimthrasher

A few more concept jerseys with traditional Panthers colors... still using the old Edmonton third jersey as a the design skeleton.

zimthrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 09:06 PM
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor

I really hope the next jersey uses a different template.

StrangeVision is online now   Reply With Quote