HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GM Meetings are done - Still no rumblings?

Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2006, 11:51 AM
jcrow

vCash: 500
GM Meetings are done - Still no rumblings?

I thought that there would be some activity - at the very least the chatter of possible moves. Who knows, there is still time (3pm et), but it seems strange that there is just nothing happening out there.

Thoughts?

Old
02-10-2006, 11:52 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 152
No point in making a trade now. You'd pay his salary for two weeks despite not playing a single game. They probably got some groundwork of a couple of trades out there and will keep talking throughout the Olympic break.

Old
02-10-2006, 11:54 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
There is some chatter.

Eklund and another guy on his site are reporting Witt to Nashville.

But really, I expect most teams to wait till the trade deadline, which is only days after the olympic break.

Old
02-10-2006, 11:56 AM
jcrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb45
No point in making a trade now. You'd pay his salary for two weeks despite not playing a single game. They probably got some groundwork of a couple of trades out there and will keep talking throughout the Olympic break.
True you'd be paying his salary, but you may also be dumping a similar salary. As well, there is no better time to bring someone new in than now - two weeks to move, get settled, get aquainted with new teamates, and get some solid practices in to learn the system. I know there are some cons to making a trade now as opposed to two weeks from now, but there are a lot of pros to it as well.

Just hard to believe that not a single team won't do something.

Old
02-10-2006, 12:13 PM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuuuuu
There is some chatter.

Eklund and another guy on his site are reporting Witt to Nashville.

But really, I expect most teams to wait till the trade deadline, which is only days after the olympic break.
Witt to Nashville doesn't make much sense to me considering how deep they are in quality d-men to start with.

Old
02-10-2006, 12:45 PM
jcrow

Here's a site I'v come accross lately - Hockey Leaks - He has some stuff today that I haven't seen elsewhere. Seems to be simply reporting what is kind of floating around out there a la Spectors.

Nothing of real interest concerning the Habs, with the exception of pointing out how low Theodore's trade value has fallen.

Closed Thread