HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lakers, Clippers, Dodgers, Angels Discussion

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2012, 04:41 PM
no name

vCash: 500
Lakers, Clippers, Dodgers, Angels Discussion

I wanted to carve out a little section to discuss our other so cal teams.

Lakers are heating up. While I've never liked Bryant too much due to him hogging the ball over his career but this year he's simply won my respect. he has become even more of a warrior than ever. He's more of a leader too. he knows his limitations and uses his teammates better. Bynum is so fun to watch. We just don't see big, skilled centers anymore.

Dodgers have the best young pitcher and the arguably the best 5 tool bat in baseball in Kershaw and Kemp. With McCourt being gone by the end of April I see good things comig. I can't wait to watch Gordon and his speed again this year.

Angels have baseballs greatest player of the last 30 years along with an amazing up and comer in Trout who should be amazing once they make some room for him. Great pitching staff too.

Clippers have a fun team to watch and are equals to the Lakers this year and probably the future.

Let's talk.

PS>>> Screw Frank McCourt.

Old
03-04-2012, 04:54 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 383
I am on strike as a Dodger fan until the team sells or until Frank McCourt freebases cyanide.

Old
03-04-2012, 05:21 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
I am on strike as a Dodger fan until the team sells or until Frank McCourt freebases cyanide.
He has to sell by april to be in accordance to the bankrupcy agreement. He still has his stamp on the current team but he'll be gone within the first month.

Old
03-04-2012, 05:22 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
He has to sell by april to be in accordance to the bankrupcy agreement. He still has his stamp on the current team but he'll be gone within the first month.
He may not be if he doesn't sell the parking lots...

Old
03-04-2012, 05:25 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
He may not be if he doesn't sell the parking lots...
Well, he'll sell the team. He has to. Whether proposed buyers continue to back out because Frank won't sell the lots is up to them. Frank will no longer have control over the team and that is all I care about. Can't wait to get his little maphia henchman (Colleti) out too.

Old
03-04-2012, 05:26 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Well, he'll sell the team. He has to. Whether proposed buyers continue to back out because Frank won't sell the lots is up to them. Frank will no longer have control over the team and that is all I care about. Can't wait to get his little maphia henchman (Colleti) out too.
I don't want McCourt to have any semblance of involvement with anything that has any type of association with the franchise. I do want Fat Ned gone as soon as possible, though. He's actively trying to make the team worse than it needs to be.

Old
03-04-2012, 06:04 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

This is my first season following basketball and I chose the Clippers. I've always liked them because I have a thing for underdogs. I will be seeing them live for the first time on March 24th and then will watch the Kings take on the Bruins. I've never been to two sporting events in the same day before. It's going to be nuts.

Old
03-04-2012, 06:06 PM
Dawdler
Pearson for Calder!!

as long as McJerk keeps the parking lots I'm staying away, its reported that he'll get 14 million annually just by owning the lots, I want that guy completely gone from anything to do with the Dodgers

Old
03-04-2012, 06:19 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawdler View Post
as long as McJerk keeps the parking lots I'm staying away, its reported that he'll get 14 million annually just by owning the lots, I want that guy completely gone from anything to do with the Dodgers
So you make the Dodgers suffer for continuing a strike against and owner who no longer owns the team? You'd be hurting him more by flocking to the games and hurting his ego. He'll have his money, but he cares about his image. Hit him there.

Old
03-04-2012, 06:26 PM
ZJames

Lakers just beat the heat. Lebron is still overrated. IS NOT a clutch player. It would have been interesting to see how different the game would have been if Bosh had played.

Old
03-04-2012, 06:28 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Kobe's been on his game since donning the mask.

Old
03-04-2012, 06:33 PM
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH

Might as well add the Galaxy. Season starts next week!

Old
03-04-2012, 07:58 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Lakers with a big win today. They still need a PG though. As much as I like Fisher, he just doesn't cut it as a back-up let alone a starter. I feel like the team plays better with Blake running the point, but I think he's better in a back-up role.

Bynum has really improved overall as well. He can be so dominant at times and I think his consistency is getting better.

And lol Lebron

Last edited by DAkings20: 03-04-2012 at 08:09 PM.
Old
03-04-2012, 08:36 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 383
Quote:
So you make the Dodgers suffer for continuing a strike against and owner who no longer owns the team? You'd be hurting him more by flocking to the games and hurting his ego. He'll have his money, but he cares about his image. Hit him there.
Unfortuantely, we don't have the option to park somewhere else.

Old
03-15-2012, 03:16 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Wow the Lakers traded Fisher to the Rockets. I know he was old and sucked but I thought he would retire a Laker. Kobe won't be pleased but the pick up of Sessions will not doubt improve the team.

Old
03-15-2012, 03:17 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Really disappointed in the Lakers right now. That move is cold.

Old
03-15-2012, 03:26 PM
took420s

where are you guys seeing the fisher trade details?

*edit* nevermind i see it now http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...land-cavaliers

fisher is a laker regardless of who he plays for, its the way the business works he knows that more than anyone. He left them once to get paid, now he got dumped to save money...

Old
03-15-2012, 03:35 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Wow, I can't believe Fisher is gone. I actually stopped watching the Lakers this year as the team isn't playing as a team. Now without one of my favorites, Fisher, is gone, no point.

Oh ****! They also traded Luke Walton and Jason Kapono!?! Wow

Old
03-15-2012, 03:39 PM
took420s

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
Wow, I can't believe Fisher is gone. I actually stopped watching the Lakers this year as the team isn't playing as a team. Now without one of my favorites, Fisher, is gone, no point.

should start watching, since the allstar break the team is much more exciting IMO Bynum is a BEAST and Kobe is really trusting him to do the heavy lifting more and more.

Fisher is done, i love the guy too but done is done and hill could be a very good backup center that they will need once they trade Gasol in the offseason (if he's not traded by the deadline)

Old
03-15-2012, 03:41 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post

Wait are you mad about Walton and Kapono being traded?

And I loved Fisher too, but he doesn't cut it anymore.

Old
03-15-2012, 03:44 PM
took420s

personally im sad to see luke go, i know he'd never really play again but still its like he was the lakers mascot.

kapono cant guard his own shadow, Mike Brown never uses him so glad to see him moved.

Old
03-15-2012, 03:46 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Kobe's definitely pissed. I just read on another forum he had an interview scheduled today with ESPN 710 and it was just announced that he cancelled.

Old
03-15-2012, 03:51 PM
took420s

yeah i think you are right he will probably be a little emotional for a day or so liek he was when Odom was traded...winning cures all though.

fish was pretty good last night hit that clutch 2 pointer to help get it to OT... .04 will never be forgotten!

Old
03-15-2012, 04:22 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
Wait are you mad about Walton and Kapono being traded?

And I loved Fisher too, but he doesn't cut it anymore.
Not sad to see Walton and Kapono go, but as a poster above said, Luke is almost like the Lakers mascot. Just shocked the Lakers made two moves today is all.

Old
03-15-2012, 04:24 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by took420s View Post
should start watching, since the allstar break the team is much more exciting IMO Bynum is a BEAST and Kobe is really trusting him to do the heavy lifting more and more.

Fisher is done, i love the guy too but done is done and hill could be a very good backup center that they will need once they trade Gasol in the offseason (if he's not traded by the deadline)
Thanks. I was kind of sick of them in the first half of the season. I'll give them a try again. I've been a Lakers fan from birth, as I grew up in LA watching the awesome 80's Lakers.

Closed Thread