HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Chase/Strickland

Old
03-11-2012, 09:07 PM
Corn Baller

vCash: 500
Chase/Strickland

Sorry if this is old news, but what's the deal with the relationship between Kelly Chase and Andy Strickland. Have notices a few dust-ups between the two of them on Twitter lately (as much as that kind of thing can be labeled a dust-up).

Corn Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 09:57 PM
Lucifer T Longfellow

I have no idea if there is an issue between them or not but if they do end up throwing down then my money is on Chase.

Lucifer T Longfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 11:17 PM
diehardbluesfan

Yeah I saw the little argument on Twitter tonight. I'd love to see Strickland and Chaser go at it.

diehardbluesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 11:40 PM
h22prelude93

It wasn't even really much of an argument...Chase pointed out that if Schwartz went to Peoria he would be signing a PTO contract, and Strick defended his original statement that Schwartz would sign an ATO. A few of us got this same exact topic mixed up earlier in the "Schwartz in a blue note" thread. Not a big deal. Chase did seem a bit snotty though by saying "FYI if your going to be in the business". And then by saying "I hate when people say"he's good once you get to no him"that means he's a jackass but you get used to it.#utalkingtome#hmm"...There's no way to tell, but it seems he may have been referring to Strick there. If he was that's actually pretty funny.

h22prelude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 11:52 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
They should like 2 immature 8 years olds on twitter lol. Don't tell Chaser I said that.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 11:58 AM
barmor

Fairly certain it is all quite tongue-in-cheek....

barmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 12:13 PM
SirPaste

Yea I got the impression that they were just joking around with eachother

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 12:22 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

gotcha, just saw the last couple tweets and I didn't get any sleep, so I guess I just didn't pick up on it

Old
03-13-2012, 03:48 PM
ItsOnlytheRiver

Chase comes off as a Twitter bully. Not sure if it's just misreading his tone or not, but this Strickland spat isn't the first thing that had me doing a double take on his Tweets. His whole easter egg thing with our concussed players comes off pretty insensitive as well.

ItsOnlytheRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 03:59 PM
Blueshockey21

Quote:
Originally Posted by h22prelude93 View Post
It wasn't even really much of an argument...Chase pointed out that if Schwartz went to Peoria he would be signing a PTO contract, and Strick defended his original statement that Schwartz would sign an ATO. A few of us got this same exact topic mixed up earlier in the "Schwartz in a blue note" thread. Not a big deal. Chase did seem a bit snotty though by saying "FYI if your going to be in the business". And then by saying "I hate when people say"he's good once you get to no him"that means he's a jackass but you get used to it.#utalkingtome#hmm"...There's no way to tell, but it seems he may have been referring to Strick there. If he was that's actually pretty funny.
Ya, but it was also a couple weeks ago chase was saying he wasn't gonna let strickland come to alumnis games and some other boring stuff, who knows whether they don't like each other. I'm sure chase as a former player doesn't like the guys who speculate on players future and start rumors which is about all strickland does.

Blueshockey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 11:01 PM
BlueDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsOnlytheRiver View Post
Chase comes off as a Twitter bully. Not sure if it's just misreading his tone or not, but this Strickland spat isn't the first thing that had me doing a double take on his Tweets. His whole easter egg thing with our concussed players comes off pretty insensitive as well.
Yeah I can't stand the way he acts so stuck up on Twitter. He types like a 4-year old too.

I like Kerber a lot but even he tends to act all superior on Twitter.

Oh well.

BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 11:13 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Chaser on twitter kind of reminds me of adults going on facebook.

Old
03-14-2012, 09:32 AM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

For some reason when I think of Chase and the internet I get this image...

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 08:09 PM
PlagerBros*

Strickland is kind of a tool (knew him a while back) and it would not surprise me to see him get into arguments considering some of the snotty things he has posted (and had people who work for/with him post) at another forum. The guy absolutely can't stand to be wrong about anything. He has some good info but passes on a lot of wrong stuff too.

PlagerBros* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 10:13 PM
h22prelude93

I really don't understand the hate for Andy Strickland, and I guess I never will. I've met him in person too quite a few times, and he always seemed like a really nice guy with a pretty knowledgeable hockey mind. I bet the same people would complain if he fell off the map all together and we never heard from him again. I think a lot has to do with people misinterpreting his information too. People get mad when he mixes his opinion with his facts sometimes. And I could understand that if he was in JR's shoes and was reporting for a reputable newspaper, but he's not...He's just a radio host and rumor/blog writer, and not an actual writer at all...notice all off his spelling/punctuation errors. I've also had the chance to meet Kelly Chase once before too. I was maybe 11 yrs old, and he was signing autographs at Brentwood ice rink with Craig Conroy, and Chris Pronger. I remember he was wearing this goofy looking Puma beret hat...I'll never forget that day it was really cool that they all three actually skated around with all the kids who showed up, and Pronger I think was the absolute tallest person I've ever seen on a pair of skates. I think I maybe came up to his knee caps.

h22prelude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 10:28 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

If people don't like Strickland because he comes across arrogant and hates to be wrong and admit it, well that's the attitude and mindset of most people in sports. There is a little bit of cockiness in everyone who has ever been involved in sports at some point. I play Lacrosse, land of the tools, it's just something that you deal with. Sometimes his opinions are appreciated because you aren't going to get that from some of the other Blues writers. It's not like he just throws random crap on a wall and sees what sticks like Eklund. His "opinions" have been pretty good lately. Sometimes he might seem like a glorified forum poster, but we obviously all like that anyway.

Old
03-15-2012, 02:05 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Saw somewhere that Strickland was attaching special reverence for Stillman paying himself $1 in salary under the new ownership arrangement, as if it's some great morality play. I'm sure in Andy's mind this makes him a great Business Man. Very easily impressed by authority, especially Doctors and Lawyers and people in Professions. If he is told something by someone in a Profession, he takes it at face value. That's not a good "reporter" trait.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 02:33 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Saw somewhere that Strickland was attaching special reverence for Stillman paying himself $1 in salary under the new ownership arrangement, as if it's some great morality play. I'm sure in Andy's mind this makes him a great Business Man. Very easily impressed by authority, especially Doctors and Lawyers and people in Professions. If he is told something by someone in a Profession, he takes it at face value. That's not a good "reporter" trait.
Well it's not like Stillman is going to be seeing much profit.

Old
03-15-2012, 03:04 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Well it's not like Stillman is going to be seeing much profit.
But he owns the asset. My guess is Stillman will find a way to scrape by in life without going to soup kitchens.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 03:12 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
But he owns the asset. My guess is Stillman will find a way to scrape by in life without going to soup kitchens.
Yeah, it's all PR, but owning an asset that loses money, means you are losing money. If he really wanted good PR, he would take the same salary of Checketts, and donate it.

Will it help the Blues cut down on expenses and become profitable? Yes. Is that his reason? Partly, because theoretically, he will see some portion of that money back, so why not get some good PR too.

Old
03-15-2012, 03:13 PM
diehardbluesfan

Looks like Strauss is the latest to go at it with Strickland today. Strauss is an ass clown anyway, but Strick came back hard.

diehardbluesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 03:20 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardbluesfan View Post
Looks like Strauss is the latest to go at it with Strickland today. Strauss is an ass clown anyway, but Strick came back hard.
I saw La Russa last night, he is definitely not a fan of Strauss either lol.